GDT: 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Think it's gonna be a Caps/Hawks Final with the Caps finally getting it done.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm hoping for a Leafs-Oilers SCF. I'm expecting a Hawks/Wild vs. Caps/Pens final.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I still enjoy the fact that no Canadian hockey team has won a Stanley Cup in my lifetime, I'd like to keep it that way lol.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
You guys are as bad as the "northern elite" posters who don't like southern teams. I think the excitement over a Toronto/EDM would be fantastic, not to mention seeing these young, exciting players flying up and down the ice. Would be great hockey to watch.

Now, I don't see it happening at all, but would love to see it.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Nope, my position is in direct response to those "northern elite" posters. I actually really like the EDM and TOR teams, and have for a while, but **** those fans.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Nope, my position is in direct response to those "northern elite" posters. I actually really like the EDM and TOR teams, and have for a while, but **** those fans.

Same here! This is my exact reasoning as to why I cheer against them.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So what you are saying, is there are reasons for your geographical bias? I'm sure the fans that don't like southern teams feel they have good reasons as well. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I do get where you are coming from and was just poking a little fun. Personally doesn't bother me what a few fans say, just want to see exciting hockey and think those two teams would be non-stop excitement. Won't happen though.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So what you are saying, is there are reasons for your geographical bias? I'm sure the fans that don't like southern teams feel they have good reasons as well. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I do get where you are coming from and was just poking a little fun. Personally doesn't bother me what a few fans say, just want to see exciting hockey and think those two teams would be non-stop excitement. Won't happen though.

Neither is getting past the 1st round. The playoffs are where exciting regular season teams go to die. Obviously I think Toronto is going to get maimed. The Oilers probably lose in 6. Win 2 games because they can open it up, but then lose 4 games where they score a combined 3 goals.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Neither is getting past the 1st round. The playoffs are where exciting regular season teams go to die. Obviously I think Toronto is going to get maimed. The Oilers probably lose in 6. Win 2 games because they can open it up, but then lose 4 games where they score a combined 3 goals.

Oh, no doubt. Like I said, Leafs/Oilers is what I want to see but Chi/Minn vs. Wsh/Pitt is what I expect to see.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You guys are as bad as the "northern elite" posters who don't like southern teams. I think the excitement over a Toronto/EDM would be fantastic, not to mention seeing these young, exciting players flying up and down the ice. Would be great hockey to watch.

Now, I don't see it happening at all, but would love to see it.

My lot has been training the Leafs fan for a year now in the art of "Matthews vs.". I kind of would like to see what they have learned and if it carries in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad