2017 Sleeper Thread

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I still have questions towards Hunt's actual skill level. He'll do fine this year because of the opportunity, but I'm not going all-in in dynasty or keeper leagues. I would be much more excited about someone like Mixon, Kamara, or Mack in that spot.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I still have questions towards Hunt's actual skill level. He'll do fine this year because of the opportunity, but I'm not going all-in in dynasty or keeper leagues. I would be much more excited about someone like Mixon, Kamara, or Mack in that spot.

I was able to grab Mack and Kamara in my rookie draft, not gonna be immediate impacts but I was stoked to get them. Kamara especially looks like an explosive talent.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Tevin Coleman RB. Find him still being overlooked in the drafts I have done and was able to pick him up quite late for the bench, even off the waiver wire in one last night ha. He sees a ton of mixed yardage (900+) and put up 11 tds last season.

One injury away of bumping those stats if Freeman goes down.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Fleener is a good sleeper with Snead out for the first 3 weeks.

All_blueandwhite

Apr 15, 2007
Tevin Coleman RB. Find him still being overlooked in the drafts I have done and was able to pick him up quite late for the bench, even off the waiver wire in one last night ha. He sees a ton of mixed yardage (900+) and put up 11 tds last season.

One injury away of bumping those stats if Freeman goes down.

Atlanta's offence was historic last year. I'd bet the house (if Freeman stays healthy) that Coleman gets nowhere near those totals, especially the TDs.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Tyrell Williams was a top 20 WR last year and his draft rank is like 70. He is a 3rd year player, historically break out years, and is always a Keenan Allen injury away from being the #1

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Willie Snead is my sleeper, people passing him cuz of the suspension, but dude gets red zone targets.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yup. I liked Hunt as an 11th or 12th round pick, but not as a 2nd or 3rd.

I'm banking my pick of Hunt on Andy Reid's history with RBs. He always has a bellcow RB that he uses heavily, and hopefully Hunt doesn't break the trend.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Steelers fan, but nothing to say on their team in regards to sleepers. Ben is a low-end QB1, Bell and Brown are studs. I do think Martavis Bryant will be a top-20 guy in a Desean Jackson boom/bust type of way.

Some overall "sleepers", though I don't really like that term. These guys will out-perform where they are drafted. I try to steer away from rookies/young guys for the most part, you can usually get value out of veterans.

QB:
Philip Rivers - Top 10 guy.
Andy Dalton - Low-end QB1, QB10-14.

RB:
Dalvin Cook - Still around RB30, will be top 20.
Doug Martin - Liked what I saw from him last night. Will be the Bucs starter when he gets back and be the top 20.

WR:
Amari Cooper - Rated as a mid WR2, will finish as a WR1.
Larry Fitzgerald - Nobody else to throw to in Arizona. Top 20 WR for the first half of the year, then he'll fall off like he has the last few years.
Kenny Britt - Rated as WR44 right now - I think he finishes in the top 30.

TE:
Kind of a reverse sleeper: I have Delanie Walker & Jack Doyle out of my top ten, which is where both are being drafted. Prefer Ertz, Henry, Ebron, Hooper out of that group.

DST:
Draft the Bengals DST. Start the year at home vs Baltimore & Houston, both with QB questions. Will light it up. Trade them after two strong weeks for another team with a better schedule.

I know I mentioned it another thread, but I've flipped from Britt to Corey Coleman as a "sleeper". Britt didn't have a great pre-season, and Coleman looks to have some chemistry with Kizer. Expecting a nice 2nd year jump.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I know I mentioned it another thread, but I've flipped from Britt to Corey Coleman as a "sleeper". Britt didn't have a great pre-season, and Coleman looks to have some chemistry with Kizer. Expecting a nice 2nd year jump.

Yea, I picked up Coleman in the 13th round. he was pretty solid last year and that was with McCown/Kessler throwing him passes.

TE Austin Hooper is a good sleeper. Did pretty good last year in ATL's crazy offence and his numbers should really go up this year.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I took jamaal Williams in my draft too.

Jamal Charles could be a sleeper. He is super boom/bust though. Denver is stacked with RBs but Charles has earned a spot on the roster. He also looked dynamite in our third preseason game. He's got a lot going against him though - heavy depth at RB, suspect OL, and recovering from knee injury. Still, if he shows up like he did in the third preseason game and we have the old Charles, everyone knows the capability there. He's a Russian roulette type sleeper; either he's going to be awesome or a complete total waste of roster space.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
At the risk of looking stupid in a few weeks..

I don't think Jamal Williams is anything special - he's one of my least favorite RB prospects in the draft class. I think there's a better chance that he falls to 3rd on the depth chart (behind Aaron Jones) than there is of him unseating Montgomery.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Probably been far enough along to look back on some pre-season thoughts..

Steelers fan, but nothing to say on their team in regards to sleepers. Ben is a low-end QB1, Bell and Brown are studs. I do think Martavis Bryant will be a top-20 guy in a Desean Jackson boom/bust type of way.

Some overall "sleepers", though I don't really like that term. These guys will out-perform where they are drafted. I try to steer away from rookies/young guys for the most part, you can usually get value out of veterans.

QB:
Philip Rivers - Top 10 guy.
Andy Dalton - Low-end QB1, QB10-14.

RB:
Dalvin Cook - Still around RB30, will be top 20.
Doug Martin - Liked what I saw from him last night. Will be the Bucs starter when he gets back and be the top 20.

WR:
Amari Cooper - Rated as a mid WR2, will finish as a WR1.
Larry Fitzgerald - Nobody else to throw to in Arizona. Top 20 WR for the first half of the year, then he'll fall off like he has the last few years.
Kenny Britt - Rated as WR44 right now - I think he finishes in the top 30.

TE:
Kind of a reverse sleeper: I have Delanie Walker & Jack Doyle out of my top ten, which is where both are being drafted. Prefer Ertz, Henry, Ebron, Hooper out of that group.

DST:
Draft the Bengals DST. Start the year at home vs Baltimore & Houston, both with QB questions. Will light it up. Trade them after two strong weeks for another team with a better schedule.

Feel good on Rivers. Dalton has been alright.

Cook was trending great, too bad he got hurt. Martin hasn't been as good as I hoped.

Very wrong on Cooper this year. Fitzgerald has been great.

TE is kind of a mixed bag, though I did really like Ertz this year.

I feel alright on this. Hunt has cooled off after an amazing start. Much prefer Mixon or Kamara going forward, and Mack has flashed.

Eh, Coleman got hurt. Who knows.

At the risk of looking stupid in a few weeks..

I don't think Jamal Williams is anything special - he's one of my least favorite RB prospects in the draft class. I think there's a better chance that he falls to 3rd on the depth chart (behind Aaron Jones) than there is of him unseating Montgomery.

Sure he got hurt, but this went down pretty well. Still like Jones over Williams.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
My personal team is the Vikings. No sleepers jump out for them at the moment but here's my take on some guys:

Dalvin Cook
was never really a sleeper but his value is increasing by the day given his practice performance and Murray's injury. Guy has gone from a top 25 RB to Top 15 imo.

Adam Thielen
Not as under the radar as he used to be but still valued pretty low and going later in drafts. I think I actually prefer him to Diggs. Diggs will catch 10 balls one game and 2 the next. Thielen is going to give you 5 catches per game and is probably more likely to catch a deep one than Diggs. Treadwell doesn't scare me, I've practically already written him off as a bust, especially since he got hurt again. I wouldn't worry too much about Michael Floyd's return from suspension in October either.

Cook was looking to be a Top 5 RB before injury and Thielen has been a Top 5-10 WR so nailed these.

Rest of the league:

RB
Packers RB not named Ty Montgomery -
This still isn't sorted out yet but whoever wins that number 2 job in GB between Jamal Williams, Aaron Jones and Devante Mays is someone I would look at.

Marlon Mack
Frank Gore is old and Robert Turbin isn't anything to write home abbout. Nice draft and stash guy.

Kareem Hunt
If he didn't already pass C.West on the depth chart, he will and think he eventually eats into Ware's carries.

Shane Vereen
Like someone said above, I don't think the staff is that high on Paul Perkins, he's someone I'd look at, especially in PPR.

Samaje Perine
Robert Kelley doesn't impress me, Chris Thompson is a 3rd down back and Matt Jones is going to get cut. I think he takes the job by midseason.

-None of the Packers guys have been spectacular.

-Mack has been bench depth at best

-Vereen has done nothing

-Perine is now the starter, mostly due to injury but hasn't really impressed.

Andre Holmes
Going to start on the outside for the Bills. I know they drafted Zay Jones and picked up Boldin and Matthews, but I think they bring Jones along slow, Boldin's role is probably going to be similar to that on Lions last year and Matthews is pretty much only a slot guy.

Robby Anderson
I know the Jets are god awful but someone has to catch the ball for them. He's the defacto #1 for now. ArDarius Stewart has been banged up in camp, but he might also be someone to look at.

Kenny Golladay
Another guy who's been tearing up camp. Tate and Jones are the starters, but he might grab that Anquan Boldin role for them. Might be TD or bust early on though.

Cameron Meredith
He was good last year when they still had Jeffery and is going to start. The rest of their WRs are underachieving/injury prone guys like Markus Wheaton, Kevin White and Kendall Wright.

I really liked Cooper Kupp for the Rams too, but then the Watkins trade happened. Might still keep an eye on him though because Watkins is injury prone, Robert Woods sucks and Austin is a gimmick player.

-Holmes hasn't done anything

-Anderson went from a depth guy to a Top WR recently.

-Was sort of nailing Golladay on TD dependent, then he got hurt and is just getting back up to speed.

-Meredith got hurt in camp

-Kupp has been solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad