NFL: 2017 Schedule

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Them or Carolina. They don't seem to play Tampa except on Sundays.

2 Primetime games for Carolina, including Miami on MNF which means I guess I'm gonna take a random Tuesday off of work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Some misguided folks like me might plan a trip around going to a game, so there's at least a little interest in my part when things were happening.

A few years back, the Chargers were doing their once every 8 year trip to Lambeau. My friends and I thought about making a trip out of it if it was in September/October (ended up being October, but we all flaked).

This year is the once every 8 years that the Chargers play in Dallas, so I was looking forward to using that as an excuse to go see Jerry World. But naturally the Chargers are dead to me now.

September's a fun month for me since I tend to do some birthday traveling. I've been gradually knocking every MLB park off my list and was aiming to do Astros/Rangers this year. If things worked out, the Cowboys might be home the day before the Rangers game.

But yeah, having a show to reveal the schedule is overkill.

Even if it is overkill, NFL Network doesn't have anything better to do in April, so they don't have a reason not to do it.

NFL not doing Christmas Eve-Night this year. They did it last year as it was Saturday, but it was also the NFL Network game. And they went out of their way before to play on a Friday-Xmas Eve. Surprised they aren't this year even though it's still Sunday. Looks like they moved that Saturday double-header they were doing back to Week 15 to make up for that, but they are still doing a double header on December 23 as well, but they also are not doing Thursday night that week. So the Thursday night schedule ends with Week 15.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Raiders with 5 prime time games. Three of them on the road against Washington, Miami, and Philly. The two at home are against KC on TNF (good not to travel) and Dallas.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I thought every team had to have a Thursday game? It looks like the Jaguars don't have one (although I briefly looked at the schedules).

Edit: Browns have none as well

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vikings play 5 of their first 8 at home and one of those road games in against the Browns in London so there's an opportunity to get off to a very good start. The good start didn't help them last season but it's still better than the alternative.

Another Thanksgiving game in Detroit too. Odd that they're doing it two years in a row.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Steelers play FOUR straight primetime games in the second half of the season. Plus they play for the second straight year on Christmas.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Cowboys schedule is brutal.

at Denver
vs Packers
vs Chiefs
at ATL
at Oakland
vs Seahawks

Considering how tough the east plays each other, only a couple easy games on the schedule. Every week is going to be a fight.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
C96IrkBUIAAowIu.jpg:medium

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I thought every team had to have a Thursday game? It looks like the Jaguars don't have one (although I briefly looked at the schedules).

Edit: Browns have none as well
Thankfully, they changed that for this season.

To answer someone else's question, the Chargers open their home schedule in week 2 against Miami.

And Miami gets 4 primetime games! :handclap:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Jaguars schedule is so all over the place i don't even know what to think :laugh:

why do we have 7 home games and 9 road games? is it something to do with the game in london?

jags_2017_schedule_20170421001120560_7839203_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think that graphic is just wrong. The Ravens' website lists them as the road team in the London game vs. Jacksonville. So does ESPN.

Also, related, Google lists Jaguars.com as a satirical site. Kinda fitting I suppose.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta love some of these Thursday night games at the start of the year, to entice you to watch awful football on an awful night. After opening night you have:

Texans/Bengals
Rams/49ers
Bears/Packers

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
What a weird schedule the niners have. After opening at home against the Panthers 5 of their next 7 are on the road, then they go the entire month of November without playing a road game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Gotta love some of these Thursday night games at the start of the year, to entice you to watch awful football on an awful night. After opening night you have:

Texans/Bengals
Rams/49ers
Bears/Packers
Every team has to play a primetime game. Reminds me of baseball and hockey where someone has to rep a team in the asg, even if they don't deserve one.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
One thing that jumped out is Cincy opens at home on Sunday 9/10 then plays at home Thursday 9/14. Then only one home game the next six weeks (includes a bye week). If I was a season ticket holder I'd be pissed. Who wants to go to two home games in five days and then only one the next month and a half?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Good news for the Lions is that they have multiple prime-time games this year. Bad news is their schedule is brutal and I expect them to stink. Especially in prime-time.

And especially after all the good karma from last season.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Every team has to play a primetime game. Reminds me of baseball and hockey where someone has to rep a team in the asg, even if they don't deserve one.

The Jaguars and Browns don't. Unless the NFL considers their respective London game (which is in an exclusive time window) a "primetime game".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

With the criticism and declining ratings around Thursday night, I'd think you want to come out with some gusto behind the games you're putting on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad