Prospect Info: 2017 Ranking #10

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Shvyryov just like I've voted the last couple rounds. Kid is damn good. Only question is if we can convince him to come over.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think anybody ever misrepresented Morrison's game as anything but raw. There's no question that he isn't a well rounded guy yet, but I think he improved over the course of his freshman season. There's no indication yet that the trend will reverse itself with him as he gets more ice time. At the very least, it's premature to put an absolute bottom six ceiling on him until he starts to struggle.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well, to be fair, McLeod did score 31 goals as a member of the Winter Hawks. He actually did get spot duty alongside then-rookie Matt Duchene for a time and didn't look out of place (not saying he should have stayed just saying he didn't look out of his depth at the time, at least for a little while). Then he got the eye injury and I swear he was never the same.

I see the point trying to be made...not necessarily saying what he projects to be, just what he'll end up. From what I understand Morrison possesses more scoring AND defensive skill though. Whether that transfers to the NHL level I guess we'll see, but he COULD be more than a career 4th line guy.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Shvyryov just like I've voted the last couple rounds. Kid is damn good. Only question is if we can convince him to come over.

It's not a minor issue though. He fell that far for a reason. As far as raw potential goes, sure, he could be a star, but I don't know how he can jump over NA prospects until we have at least a hint that the NHL is in his mind.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's not a minor issue though. He fell that far for a reason. As far as raw potential goes, sure, he could be a star, but I don't know how he can jump over NA prospects until we have at least a hint that the NHL is in his mind.

Especially not with how tempting replacing the greatest legend his hometown team has ever had. This is like if someone was trying to convince Matt to leave the Avs after he hf just been drafted by them to replace Sakic. Sure it could happen years down the road if things don't work out quite right, but it's taken duchene 8 years to get to that point.

Purely as a prospect he's right with Meloche behind Makar & Jost; so we either should've picked him at #3, or we should wait until all of the NA prospects with significant NHL potential.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Mironov was 11th last year and that's after he signed an extension and we had no idea if he'd ever come over. I think that's about fair for Shyv. Mironov has the lower ceiling but had the pro experience. Shyv is a pure prospect but has the big upside. I wouldn't rank him below all the others.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Mironov was 11th last year and that's after he signed an extension and we had no idea if he'd ever come over. I think that's about fair for Shyv. Mironov has the lower ceiling but had the pro experience. Shyv is a pure prospect but has the big upside. I wouldn't rank him below all the others.

The pool also didn't still have Morrison, Henry & Martin this late into the voting last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad