• Cubs in 6

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Cubs in 7

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You think going through losing 16 of 17 games, going into the playoffs with most thinking they’ll lose to the Dbacks in 5, and instead losing only 1 game on the way to the World Series is not a show of adversity?
As I mentioned, they lost those many games, but were still in no threat of coughing up the division title. And to their credit, they've demolished the opposition in the playoffs.
I don't think it does, because they were in no threat at coughing up the division. And they were heavy favorites by the pundits in the NLDS.

But I am wrong - completely forgot to point out that Seager missed the NLCS.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Dodgers faced 0 adversity throughout the season, much like the Astros.

Dodgers faced adversity every single game. With every win people were saying "it's a regular season let's see how they choke in postseason this time".

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Imagine if Dodgers threw this game and focused on game 6 so they don't have a week long break going into WS.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
As I mentioned, they lost those many games, but were still in no threat of coughing up the division title. And to their credit, they've demolished the opposition in the playoffs.
I don't think it does, because they were in no threat at coughing up the division. And they were heavy favorites by the pundits in the NLDS.

But I am wrong - completely forgot to point out that Seager missed the NLCS.
In that context, sure, that doesn't sound like adversity. Dodgers had already won division titles for consecutive years. Nobody was impressed by them winning another one. During that losing streak, however, their regular season went from a coronation to a funeral. This whole debate over who has faced more adversity: Dodgers or Yankees, is meaningless. When you've beat a team that swept you in the final month of the season and the defending champions in convincing fashion, there's no need to prove you can come back from an 0-2 series deficit.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If the argument is who faced more adversity between Dodgers and Yankees ... it's clearly the Dodgers. I don't think Yankees faced any adversity at all. They went into the season in rebuild mode, no one expected them to compete for the division, no one expected them to make the postseason. They just kinda flew under the radar. That same lack of adversity and low expectations got them past the Indians and hopefully the Astros as well.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So isn’t this really bad for the dodgers? This was practically a sweep. Verlander might make that series to go 7.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
No difference between the wait after they swept Arizona. They'll be fine.

Yeah but this is going into the World Series. And long waits for that usually are bad for a team and the Yankees/Astros are better then the cubs this year

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Yeah but this is going into the World Series. And long waits for that usually are bad for a team and the Yankees/Astros are better then the cubs this year
World Series starts on Tuesday. That's three days off which I actually think is less than what they waited after the NLDS.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Dodgers and ALCS winner could have only 1-2 days off between. Not exactly the 2007 Rockies having a lifetime off and the Red Sox fighting tooth and nail.

If NYY clinches Friday, they would have clinched a day apart.

If it goes Saturday, 2 days apart. Not a big gap.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So glad the Cubs are on their way out. I work at a hotel in Anaheim and this past year I've seen nothing but warriors and cubs gear. Annoying to see bandwagoners act like they've been life long fans. Reminds me of when the kings won in 2012 but on a much bigger scale.

I think people who complain about it are even more annoying. This happens with every successful team. I'm just as happy when those teams lose but it's not any better listening to people whine about bandwagoners.

Reactions: TorMenT

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Wow, so many people dancing on the Cubs grave. You’d think they were the Capitals or Maple Leafs.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don't see the Dodgers shivering in fear at the thought of playing in Yankee Stadium like most of the Astros roster did.

If the Indians can be rattled by Yankee Stadium (and they almost won it all last year) surely LA can.

Yankee Stadium spares nobody.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Thank you, Manfred, for getting rid of that stupid ASG-counts rule. Otherwise, the Dodgers would've undeservingly started the WS on the road. Although I can say that the A's should've started at home in 1988. I just don't get why it took this long to just give the HFA to the team with the better record when the NHL and the NBA have been doing it forever.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad