2017 NHL reDRAFT #23

Who would go 23?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Vesalainen takes almost HALF the votes to take 22. Moves up 2 spots in this early redraft. Pretty impressive first year last year after his draft. Anyways Timmins, Foote Vaak and Tippett Still onboard here folks. 23 is NEXT

1 VAN Pettersson 49% (5) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #1
2 NJ Hischier 65% (1) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #2
3 DAL Heiskanen 72% (3) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #3
4 PHILLY Patrick 59% (2) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #4
5 COLO Makar 49% (4) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #5
6 LVGK Glass 35% (6) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #6
7 BUFF Middlestat 47% (8) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #7
8 CAR Necas 32% (12) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #8
9 CHI Jokiharajuu 38% (29) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #9
10 CAL Valimaki 31% (16) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #10
11 NYR Chytil 32% (21) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #11
12 NASH Tolvanen 25% (30) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #12
13 STL Thomas 23% (20) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #13
14 LA Vilardi 27% (11) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #14
15 LVGK Brannstrom 41% (15) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #15
16 DET Rasmussen 30% (9) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #16
17 NYR Andersson 32% (7) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #17
18 ANA Comtois 29% (50) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #18
19 LVGK Suzuki 38% (13) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #19
20 PHILLY Frost 34% (27) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #20
21 OTT Batherson 29% (121) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #21
22 WINN Vesalainen 43% (22) 2017 NHL reDRAFT #22

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
SOUND THE ALARM LADIES AND GENTS!!! IT'S LILJEGREN TIME BABYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I guess theres enough Leaf fans here to vote their guy 10 or so spots too soon...

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Why do you think he should fall from top 17 or top 20?
Yeah pretty much. And Id have Timmins, Vaak, Foote, Poehling, Hague, Heppo, ahead of him too, and then theres a mix a players in that next grouping...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
what's the point of a redraft this early?
There is zero point. A player like Liljegren will fall ridiculously far down from his draft position....While playing well in a tough league. All it really will do is give people something to laugh about in a few years when some of the dramatic movements look ridiculous in hindsight.

kingblue

Nov 16, 2018
St. Louis
Wow didn’t expect Lilj to fall so far in a redraft. Hard to argue with any of the picks ahead of him though. Unreal draft class.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There is zero point. A player like Liljegren will fall ridiculously far down from his draft position....While playing well in a tough league. All it really will do is give people something to laugh about in a few years when some of the dramatic movements look ridiculous in hindsight.
Let’s try not to make this into another ‘Leaf victim’ thread. Many Leaf fans spouted nonsense about Liljigren being the ‘steal of the draft’ right after he was drafted. Clearly he’s still a good prospect but there’s a number of others doing better than him.
As for the point of a redraft thread, we’ve got an additional year plus of performance to look at which is very significant in players this young. Liljigren has dropped a bit given the superior performances by others. Simple as that.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Let’s try not to make this into another ‘Leaf victim’ thread. Many Leaf fans spouted nonsense about Liljigren being the ‘steal of the draft’ right after he was drafted. Clearly he’s still a good prospect but there’s a number of others doing better than him.
It isn't "Leaf victim" thing. It is a general thing that annoys me or is a pet peeve I guess wit this site. Sure it involves a Leaf prospect right now but there is a serious penchant towards "He made the NHL faster so that means he is better" around here that I just don't agree with.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
As for the point of a redraft thread, we’ve got an additional year plus of performance to look at which is very significant in players this young. Liljigren has dropped a bit given the superior performances by others. Simple as that.

The poster wasnt making it about the leafs.

They were clearly explaining that these re draft polls are silly this early because there will be big moves early on.

Why do you guys always try to turn threads into into something about "leaf victim"?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The poster wasnt making it about the leafs.

They were clearly explaining that these re draft polls are silly this early because there will be big moves early on.

Why do you guys always try to turn threads into into something about "leaf victim"?
Sure. Probably just a coincidence he was whining about a Leaf player...again.
The complaining about Liljigren’s ranking has been going on for at least the last 10 polls now. There’s a Leafs board for you Leaf fans who want to discuss the Leafs. This is the main board where posters want to discuss prospects in general.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Sure. Probably just a coincidence he was whining about a Leaf player...again.
The complaining about Liljigren’s ranking has been going on for at least the last 10 polls now. There’s a Leafs board for you Leaf fans who want to discuss the Leafs. This is the main board where posters want to discuss prospects in general.

Let me clarify.

There is a poll involving young players.

One of those players is a leaf.

Leaf fans go to thread and talk about a player in the poll.

Now you are telling us we cant talk about a player who is literally one of the poll options?

Who are you to tell people where to post?

Must think pretty highly of yourself to be telling others what to do

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Let me clarify.

There is a poll involving young players.

One of those players is a leaf.

Leaf fans go to thread and talk about a player in the poll.

Now you are telling us we cant talk about a player who is literally one of the poll options?

Who are you to tell people where to post?

Must think pretty highly of yourself to be telling others what to do
It was just a suggestion.
Of course instead of just whining about him being ranked a few spots too low you could offer something constructive such as who you think he should bump in the rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Let me clarify. This is a poll on the main board. If you want to just whine about a Leafs prospect being ranked a few spots too low then do it on the Leafs board.
Or at least do something constructive like an opinion as to who you think your prospect should bump on this list. Whining isn’t constructive and adds nothing.

Alright. This all started from this post;

"There is zero point. A player like Liljegren will fall ridiculously far down from his draft position....While playing well in a tough league. All it really will do is give people something to laugh about in a few years when some of the dramatic movements look ridiculous in hindsight."

You then got upset and told us to not make this into a "leaf victim thread".

We both told you that's not what the poster is doing. Here is his follow up post.

It isn't "Leaf victim" thing. It is a general thing that annoys me or is a pet peeve I guess wit this site. Sure it involves a Leaf prospect right now but there is a serious penchant towards "He made the NHL faster so that means he is better" around here that I just don't agree with.

You then tell us to go to the leaf forums to whine about leaf players.

As you can clearly see, we are not whining about a leaf player.

Thebeastcoast said he doesnt like how this site rewards players just for making the nhl faster than someone else.

Do you comprehend?

I'm not saying lilj should bumb anyone on this list.

All I'm trying to do is get you to settle down and stop complaining anytime you see someone talking about a leaf.

I see you consistently going after leaf fans and it's kinda funny but you need to chill

Edit: You edited your post after I already quoted it so to late

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Alright. This all started from this post;

"There is zero point. A player like Liljegren will fall ridiculously far down from his draft position....While playing well in a tough league. All it really will do is give people something to laugh about in a few years when some of the dramatic movements look ridiculous in hindsight."

You then got upset and told us to not make this into a "leaf victim thread".

We both told you that's not what the poster is doing. Here is his follow up post.

You then tell us to go to the leaf forums to whine about leaf players.

As you can clearly see, we are not whining about a leaf player.

Thebeastcoast said he doesnt like how this site rewards players just for making the nhl faster than someone else.

Do you comprehend?

I'm not saying lilj should bumb anyone on this list.

All I'm trying to do is get you to settle down and stop complaining anytime you see someone talking about a leaf.

I see you consistently going after leaf fans and it's kinda funny but you need to chill

Edit: You edited your post after I already quoted it so to late
That’s not even close to accurate.
The post you quoted complained about Liljigren’s ranking and then tried to justify the complaint by saying that he’s ranked low because he didn’t make the NHL as soon as some others. Then he adds no evidence to support that. For example who on the list was ranked too high because they made it first. Who does Liljigren bump?
This is just complaining nothing more and nothing less.
If you feel your prospect is ranked too low then justify it. Who does he bump? Instead of just complaining say something constructive.

You really need to chill out yourself instead of taking offense every time someone doesn’t rank your prospects as high as you’d like. Some people just have different opinions. You need to get used to that.

Anyways I’m on to more constructive things.
The only thing I agree with you on is that I should not have stated where people should post. Feel free to complain on whatever board you prefer. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad