Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Here the Top 6 Picks
(formatting doesn't convert well)

The Picks
Note: VGK = Vegas Golden Knights

# TEAM PLAYER POS HT TEAM Prospect Profiler Notes
1 NJD PATRICK, NOLAN RC 6’02 BRANDON (WHL) Dominating #1 centre
2 BUF HISCHIER, NICO LC 6’00 SC BERN (NLA) Swiss Crosby?
3 DET VILARDI, GABRIEL RC 6’02 WINDSOR (OHL) Cornerstone centre
4 COL LILJEGREN, TIMOTHY RD 6’00 ROGLE J20 (SWE J20) Dynamite skater; PMD
5 ARI TOLVANEN, EELI LW 5’10 SIOUX CITY (USHL) Skilled sharpshooter
6 VGK MITTLESTADT, CASEY LC 5’11 EDEN PRAIRIE (HS-MN) Smart, skilled 2-way C

LINK for rest of the picks

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Based on the world juniors i'm not convinced that Tolvanen, Vesalainen and Heiskanen are 1st round picks.

They haven't shown nothing which makes them worth of 1st round pick.
Only Robin Salo, Urho Vaakanainen, and Juuso Valimaki have some-kind chances to get drafted in 1st round.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
My favorite part about this is that the Coyotes are the 2nd worst team, but they're picking 5th overall. Which means they lost all three lotteries and dropped three spots. Sounds about right.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Why not? The team lacks talent and needs to go BPA. If Vilardi is determined to be BPA there is no reason not to pick him.

Because Detroit needs defense more than anything. They've got a solid core upfront to work with: Larkin, Mantha, Svechnikov, Sheahan, Bertuzzi

On defense they've got some top-4/6 guys: Ouelett, Sproul, Marchenko, and Dekeyser but they lack that elite D and that's what Liljegren is.

I'm not even a Wings fan but I respect what they've done as an organization but this is the year where they need to be realistic and realize the team they've got is not good enough. Go for that high pick and scoop up Liljegren.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
This draft lacks a true #1 LHD which is shocking. But the top three are right handed. Which shouldn't limit the Sabres from taking a LILJEGREN or FOOTE etcetera. However, it's just another example of classic disappointment. I will welcome whomever the draft brings to us. Hopefully the European phase continues with many more Finn's and Swedes.
Ode to Nylander and Asplund.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Because Detroit needs defense more than anything. They've got a solid core upfront to work with: Larkin, Mantha, Svechnikov, Sheahan, Bertuzzi

On defense they've got some top-4/6 guys: Ouelett, Sproul, Marchenko, and Dekeyser but they lack that elite D and that's what Liljegren is.

I'm not even a Wings fan but I respect what they've done as an organization but this is the year where they need to be realistic and realize the team they've got is not good enough. Go for that high pick and scoop up Liljegren.

That forward core isn't good enough that you can ignore a BPA forward to take a defensemen in my opinion. I mean those are all good players going forward but that isn't an unbelievable core up front.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
LOL @ Matt Strome profiling as "Ryan & Dylan's Brother"....you guys really think he has that sort of potential? Surprised he's not being talked about as a top 5 pick

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
ive seen a few early mock draft and it seems that each time Habs are given Shane Bowers except for 1 which stood out because it was Foote.

Anyways, dont know if its a right pick for them, cant say I follow the USHL

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
That forward core isn't good enough that you can ignore a BPA forward to take a defensemen in my opinion. I mean those are all good players going forward but that isn't an unbelievable core up front.

That's not really the core going forward and I'm not disagreeing that the following players would allow Detroit to pass up on BPA available but Larkin, AA, Mantha, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi, and Smith as youngsters looks nice. If you factor in our youngish vets (Tatar and Nyquist) it looks even better. On the defense side we really have DeKeyser, Sproul, Cholowski (few years away), and Saarijarvi. I'd rather focus on defense but if our staff thinks that a forward is a tier above a defenseman then you just hopefully trade from a strength to acquire that defenseman.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if my wild pick mid to late 20's and if the top 4 D men are gone i'd pick the speedy boqvist over suzuki. just my one cent (another zucker type player)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad