GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft - "Mo Money, Mo Problems"

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm leaning towards keeping the 3rd and moving the 29th, but if we got a really good player at 3, or traded down to 5/6 I'd be alright with that

I'm driving to BC today and will be on the road during the draft #@#&*!!!!

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
My wishlist for today:

#3 OA
- No reaches
- Not Vilardi ;)

- Catch a faller...even it's Vilardi lol. Kidding, kidding.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm leaving for the draft soon which is why I have a favor to ask the HF Stars community.

Please make a thread for the picks we make instead of letting a 3rd party website get there first. Don't let some other folks have the last word on creating these threads. See what I did there? So clever. Being mad about how they screwed this up is our thing, I don't want to see that the thread for us drafting Popugaev at #3 was started by the name of some other site.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm leaving for the draft soon which is why I have a favor to ask the HF Stars community.

Please make a thread for the picks we make instead of letting a 3rd party website get there first. Don't let some other folks have the last word on creating these threads. See what I did there? So clever. Being mad about how they screwed this up is our thing, I don't want to see that the thread for us drafting Popugaev at #3 was started by the name of some other site.

Do you want me to do what I have done in the past?

I think I might actually have time tonight and this weekend to do that. I usually just do one thread, and I try to get all the picks in the first 3 or 4 posts.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can take care of that, should it happen.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Chicago is making things... interesting...

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hjalmarsson to ARZ for Murphy and Dauphin.

Panarin, Motte, 2017 6th to CBJ for Saad, Forsberg, 2018 5th.

I don't understand. They get more term, but they still had two years of the superior players locked up.

________

Feb 6, 2006
On Patrick or Hischer dropping to #3
It’s highly possible, because we are talking about one team’s preference and not an actual draft ranking.

The New Jersey Devils have the No. 1 pick and they are very high on Makar, so if he goes No. 1 it shouldn’t be a shock.

Trading #3
There are lots of players, too many to list in fact. But the type of players the Stars are hoping for likely isn’t available, meaning Dallas will likely hold onto the No. 3 pick.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I think it is easier to find that stuff later if each pick gets their own thread, and 1st round picks are significant enough to warrant their own threads IMO. But obviously you folks can do whatever you'd like.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Just for fun, if Patrick really falls to #3, do you go to #6 if Vegas gives you #13 or #15? Personally I say yes, in a heart beat. Vegas shouldn't make that trade, but apparently they really, really want Patrick.

At 6 and 13 or 15, you're getting Glass or Middelstadt probably, maybe even Vilardi, and you're probably getting a shot at one of the other two really solid Finnish D available or plenty of high end forwards.

I'd be a little hesitant if you had to add 29 or 39 to make that deal. In fact, I'd rather just stay at 3 probably if that was the case.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Just for fun, if Patrick really falls to #3, do you go to #6 if Vegas gives you #13 or #15? Personally I say yes, in a heart beat. Vegas shouldn't make that trade, but apparently they really, really want Patrick.

At 6 and 13 or 15, you're getting Glass or Middelstadt probably, maybe even Vilardi, and you're probably getting a shot at one of the other two really solid Finnish D available or plenty of high end forwards.

I'd be a little hesitant if you had to add 29 or 39 to make that deal. In fact, I'd rather just stay at 3 probably if that was the case.

I think 3+29 for 6+15+Methot is probably fair.

________

Feb 6, 2006
If Nico and Heiskanen are gone before the Stars pick, I'd trade back.

Vegas wants Patrick.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Keep Methot. I'd rather see if Vegas would move Reilly Smith as a cap dump. They need to shed money.

3 for 6 15 and Smith.

If Vegas really, really wants Patrick, make them bleed for it. Otherwise take whichever one falls and walk up to the podium knowing you won a fantastic player in the lottery.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Why don't we want Patrick? Kid scored 102 points in his 17 year old season in the WHL, which is not known as a scoring league...

Recurring injury problems and the general consensus he maxes out as a second-line centre at best.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Recurring injury problems and the general consensus he maxes out as a second-line centre at best.

Yeah I'd rather have Glass or Vilardi and another asset then Patrick. Both very well could end up being better then Patrick.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Why don't we want Patrick? Kid scored 102 points in his 17 year old season in the WHL, which is not known as a scoring league...

In this very unreasonable hypothetical (still fun), the gap between Patrick and Vilardi/Glass/Middelstadt is not large IMO. If you get a Top 15 pick plus one of those players, it seems like a big win.

For arguments sake .... I think it might be nice to have Glass, Valimaki and 29 than Patrick. I wouldn't want Glass and Valimaki if it mean you gave up 29 though ... well wouldn't want it as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad