2017 NHL Draft Thread - Part VIII (Columbus cedes 2017 second-round draft pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
The more I look into this draft class the more I am in favour of trading down.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Vilardi, Glass, Suzuki in that order, for me.

Mittelstadt and Makar would be way off my radar for #5.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Happy with anyone who is widely ranked in the top 5/6 and isn't falling due to a poor draft year.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nice poll question op :)

Id be thrilled with glass or Heiskanen at 5
Happy with Vilardi or Necas
Ok but feeling Benninged with Makar or Mittelstat
Pissed with the other options

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Code:

I included it partly as a joke. You are saying there isn't a player we could select at 5 that would make you happy? That is not very logical.

do people just say things like logical and objective without knowing what the words mean

heres the logic: all the players from 5 though 12 are equivalent and thus he wants to trade to 12 and get an equally good player to what he would have gotten at 5 + another asset

Gunner Stahl

Feb 9, 2011
Would prefer Glass, Mittelstadt, or Vilardi.

Gross generalizations but

Mittelstadt as the more boom/bust type
Glass as the safer, more boring type
Vilardi as somewhere inbetween the two

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
do people just say things like logical and objective without knowing what the words mean

heres the logic: all the players from 5 though 12 are equivalent and thus he wants to trade to 12 and get an equally good player to what he would have gotten at 5 + another asset

"Trading down to maximize value" wasn't an option. The question specifically asked who would you be happy with at #5. If one felt that players 5 through 12 were roughly equal, than in theory they would be happy with any of the 7 players in that range.

Saying that there isn't a single player you'd be happy to see us draft is ignoring all logic and context of the situation.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

I think he quoted the wrong post.

He was referring to the fact that none is am option in the poll, which he believes to be an illogical option.

It also, of course, is perfectly logical,
So your opening statement still stands.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Going to try to catch Vilardi play today. I think he will finally get going and shake the rust off. Erie is a crazy monstrosity though, so it will be tough.

I think with the "skating issues" and whatnot, there may be a real possibility he slips to five if Dallas takes Mittlestadt and Colorado takes Heiskanen. Then I believe it will come down to Glass or Vilardi.

Just one scenario of many though

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
Middlestadt, Pettersson or Makar

I think these 3 have the highest upside of the players available. Safer options would be Glass & Villardi but I question their ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad