Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The only reason I can see them not staying is that the team would basically be signing stop-gap players to vital positions. Don't believe for a second that the team won't want the fruit of a year of replacement players (DD, Holland, etc) to show with having Andersson and Chytil on the NHL roster next season.

I do not see them working this as a rebuild that is taking them 3-5 years down the line. The newsflash to fans: This was already year 1 of the rebuild. Moved out Stepan. Moved out Girardi. Didn't replace either in the lineup to begin the season. Trading UFAs and players with 1 year to go to free agency for more picks and prospects.

This rebuild began on draft day 2017. They'll want some fruits of the rebuild on display 18 months after it began, especially if they move out players like Zucc and McDonagh. They for sure will have some vets, but I don't see this team without Chytil and Andersson on the roster in October.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Agreed. I think both players have something to learn in the AHL still, both this and next season. They will still be among the youngest players in the league and that is a good environment to learn, unlike overagers in major juniors.

And I don't necessarily disagree with this, but the point I was trying to make is PB wanted them to do both, which isn't possible.

I do think they can both gain from some NHL games down the stretch. Each league will offer something different to them at this point, but both provide benefits.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The only reason I can see them not staying is that the team would basically be signing stop-gap players to vital positions. Don't believe for a second that the team won't want the fruit of a year of replacement players (DD, Holland, etc) to show with having Andersson and Chytil on the NHL roster next season.

I do not see them working this as a rebuild that is taking them 3-5 years down the line. The newsflash to fans: This was already year 1 of the rebuild. Moved out Stepan. Moved out Girardi. Didn't replace either in the lineup to begin the season. Trading UFAs and players with 1 year to go to free agency for more picks and prospects.

This rebuild began on draft day 2017. They'll want some fruits of the rebuild on display 18 months after it began, especially if they move out players like Zucc and McDonagh. They for sure will have some vets, but I don't see this team without Chytil and Andersson on the roster in October.
To be fair, they replaced girardi with shattenkirk...

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lias, along with most of the Pack, was invisible tonight. He has good games, but he also has games when he looks like an AHL role player. He is not anywhere near NHL-ready right now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He had a goal and an assist but was invisible?

Can someone fill in the blanks here?

I think Beacon was talking about the game the night before when he could have said the entire team (not just Lias with maybe the exception of Halverson) was invisible.

Lias started slow in Hartford. He was slow out of the gate in the SHL this year too. I'd say he was acclimatizing to his team, to the AHL rinks, to the AHL itself and seemingly making very good progress.

Reactions: BobSantos

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
When are they called up like 10 games left of the NHL season? :)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Can we all just accept that we have two damn good forward prospects in our ranks and that the early returns from the first round of 2017 are very promising?

Don't even respond. Just smile and nod at your monitors/phone/tablets/laptops/magic mirrors.
Mittlestadt is better.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Still thnk Gabe Villardi should have been the pick. Potential to be a prolific goal scorer. Time will tell.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Still thnk Gabe Villardi should have been the pick. Potential to be a prolific goal scorer. Time will tell.

I like Vilardi and think he has a shot to be a very good player as well. Like Mittelstadt, Andersson and some of the other prospects that I put into a similar grouping, he has his flaws and concerns. But I think he's another one who is an incredibly intelligent player and could play for a very long time, without ever scoring 30 goals or 70 points.

Frankly, I think Andersson and Vilardi play a much more similar game than most people have touched on. I would argue that Andersson's numbers in the OHL would probably be similar to Vilardi's and both project to fill similar roles in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad