Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I count 14 Euro-descent players in the first round. That seems high relative to previous years, but I wouldn't know for sure. Great to see how the game has spread and evolved

Give credit to the Finnish Ice Hockey Association for growing the game over there and developing great players.

Let's pay tribute by drafting Ikonen at 36. ;)

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
What's the knock on Lind? Put up great numbers and he's not small. Skating? Like him more that he's a RW.

Skating is pretty good. He played on a team that was very good so that might have inflated his numbers a bit. He has a very good offensive IQ and is an all around solid player and also fits a need a RW.

One player I really like who has star potential is Robertson. He has good size, a very good to elite shot, and great hockey sense. The only thing that was holding him back from being in the top 10 was his skating which is why the devils probably won't take him. If he can get his skating above average at the NHL level I honestly think he has top line upside.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Skating is pretty good. He played on a team that was very good so that might have inflated his numbers a bit. He has a very good offensive IQ and is an all around solid player and also fits a need a RW.

One player I really like who has star potential is Robertson. He has good size, a very good to elite shot, and great hockey sense. The only thing that was holding him back from being in the top 10 was his skating which is why the devils probably won't take him. If he can get his skating above average at the NHL level I honestly think he has top line upside.

He's also soft, won't amount to anything in the NHL

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
DiPietro is being dragged down because of his size. The scouts all say his lateral quickness is remarkable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad