2017 NHL Draft - Part 3 -- The aftermath

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Not a center but should be another guy who can put up points there for Ratcliffe to potentially play with.

Kinda disappointed. I liked him and all at the u18s but another big N-S grinder type. Guelph so so badly needs more pure skill and playmaking up front, even if it was on the wing. I imagine he's a lock to come over if they picked him there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kinda disappointed. I liked him and all at the u18s but another big N-S grinder type. Guelph so so badly needs more pure skill and playmaking up front, even if it was on the wing. I imagine he's a lock to come over if they picked him there.

Yeah they did draft two centers with their first two picks in the OHL Draft this year. Tag Bertuzzi (Todd's son) & Mason Primeau (Wayne's son) with the former being the #2 pick overall. Both guys are signed & expected to play next year so that probably factored in. They're probably looking at the following year with the ages of their key players there including Toropchenko.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
#1 RW Andrei Svechnikov (Barrie), #2 C Alexander Khovanov (Moncton), #4 RW Alexei Toropchenko (Guelph), #6 C Roman Milos (Vancouver), & #11 RW Filip Zadina (Halifax) all confirmed to report for next year so far of the notable names.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rickard Hugg is going to Kitchener for next year to try his hand at getting drafted. They drafted another forward who's a Slovak & seems to be thought of as a potential 1-2 round guy next year. So Bunnaman might get some help next year.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rickard Hugg is going to Kitchener for next year to try his hand at getting drafted. They drafted another forward who's a Slovak & seems to be thought of as a potential 1-2 round guy next year. So Bunnaman might get some help next year.

I really like Hugg and I cannot believe he went undrafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad