NFL GDT: 2017 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) Minnesota Vikings

PHI vs MIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

As a Packers fan I didn't want the Vikings to win, let alone play for the title in their home city. But I also don't like the Eagles (Phillt sports fans in general are loathsome). Congrats to Eagles fans tho, you guys went from Chip trading away your good players to a Super Bowl real quick, and damn - Nick Foles is gonna get paid this off season.

He is under contract with the Eagles for another year but yeah...

Big Dick Nick is going to get paid if he wants to. Just not sure he is willing to make ads for the kind of companies that would be perfect for him ;).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I heard other Vikings fans say there is a rumor(this was before tonight's game)that they might tag Keenum. Then hope to bring Teddy back for cheap as a backup to see if he can come back from that injury and be a legit QB. Although I don't think he'll accept that. Who would you want as a QB? Move up in the draft and draft someone? Go after Kirk Cousins(His contract could look ugly)? Make a move for Alex Smith(I admit he's one of my favorite players and I would want him but I don't think he's the answer)? Other(who?)?

I'm always going to be biased towards Teddy so that's my answer. I can't see them paying someone like Cousins his $30M/yr or whatever ridiculous number it's going to take to sign him. Moving up in the draft and basically starting over at the position seems very unlikely as well because this team is built to win right now.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
Knew somebody incapable of processing the difference would post this. Congrats on being that person.
So please tell me what´s wrong with what I wrote? Was I wrong to call that person an idiot? Was it not an example of idiotic fan violence?

You´re right though, it´s not an example of (semi-organized) fan violence by a group which is protected or maybe even cheered on by another larger group of fans. But that's not what I wrote, is it?

Yet just because you got pissy by the mention of your team you resort to insult. And with this unreflected behaviour you play your own small part in that idiocy which leads to problems between seperate fanbases.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So please tell me what´s wrong with what I wrote? Was I wrong to call that person an idiot? Was it not an example of idiotic fan violence?

You´re right though, it´s not an example of (semi-organized) fan violence by a group which is protected or maybe even cheered on by another larger group of fans. But that's not what I wrote, is it?

Yeah, but that's what I wrote so feel free to argue with the point you want me to make instead of the one I am making.

Yet just because you got pissy by the mention of your team you resort to insult. And with this unreflected behaviour you play your own small part in that idiocy which leads to problems between seperate fanbases.

You're welcome to look through that thread that you posted where I said the aggressor was 100% in the wrong. When that becomes a reputation or when large groups of Panthers fans engage in the that sort of behavior, then maybe your comparison will be valid.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They just made the Super Bowl so I understand the reaction from a lot of the Philly fans. They should be happy and I can't even be mad at the taunting. Some of them are acting like a bunch of savages though and that's obviously not cool. You can't go around assaulting people.

I actually find the Saints players and fans running their mouths more annoying. **** that team, man.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Most teams don't have a ****ing firing squad

Most teams don't get in massive fights with police hours before the game starts

This isn't one idiot. This isn't the first time. This is many idiots time and time again.

Philly sports fans are the worst. That's been known forever. Nobody should be shocked they did this kind of stupidity.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Congrats to the Eagles fans.

Well, that wasn't fun. I'm used to it as a Vikings fan but it still sucked. Just got outplayed and outcoached. The only time the Vikings had any fight was after the whistle late in the game.

It wasn't just on one guy and there were way too many issues to actually list, including arguably the best defense in the NFL getting torched by Nick Foles, but this is what most Vikings fans were afraid of. There was this feeling that we were going to get Case Keenum'd at the worst possible time and it happened in the NFC championship game. The turnovers weren't completely on him because of the pressure but they still just killed the team. The magic ran out tonight and like most of the team, he also collapsed. They probably don't get here without him and good for him if/when he gets paid but I hope it's not with the Vikings.

Even with a similarly dominant defense next year, I just can't see Keenum putting up the same numbers next year..especially with the OC off to the Giants. Keenum just might be a one-year wonder destined for mediocrity after this season. Part of me feels that as a Vikings fan.

Vikings are in a tough position. Keenum, Bridgewater, and an injury-prone Bradford - none of these strike me as a top-ten Qb in the NFL, an important though not necessarily essential component of ensuring a continuous SuperBowl contending team. Well, Bradford might be that but he is injured far too often. Outside of one-off season the Vikings have been unable to put together SuperBowl contending teams for even back-to back seasons the past 25 - 30 years. A big reason for that is the lack of top-five or even top-ten QB for most of that time span outside again those one-off seasons from the likes of Cunningham, Favre and Culpepper.

The pessimist in me sees a return to either borderline playoff team or non-playoff team next year...somewhere in range of 8 - 10 wins.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Philly sports fans are the worst. That's been known forever. Nobody should be shocked they did this kind of stupidity.

That title has always, and will always be Cowboys fans for me. I have been to both stadiums multiple times. Cowboys fans are the worst.
But the media says Eagles fan are, so lets go with that I guess?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad