Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Woll... again.

I like Woll & thought it was a good use of a draft pick to select him where he went, and that was before he had a good draft+1 season. He looks like a promising prospect and so far there is no reason to think that he can't be an NHL-caliber goaltender.

Having said that, I just can't bring myself to vote for him in the top ~15, mainly because he is a goaltender. Yes, he's looked good playing against other amateurs in the NCAA (some of whom have 5 years of development on him), but he's still only facing amateurs. Garret Sparks has successfully made the jump to the pro game, and at this point has become, at least, a capable starting goalie in the AHL, and yet there is still debate as to whether he can develop into an NHL backup. Woll hasn't yet had a successful transition to the pros, and also because goalies are voodoo, so I just can't justify ranking him ahead of skaters who have had success at various pro levels.

FWIW, I voted for Borgman here, although I think Aaltonen deserves to be in consideration starting around here. His KHL production is quite good.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Borgman! Think he will be dynamite! As mentioned before Aaltonen should be in top 10. Also see Rosen in top 10 as well. Cant believe we got these 3 for nothing by signing them. They will make Marlies look good!

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Rock the boat! Nielsen.

The offense and size is there, but not the defense,yet! One more year in the AHL and this kid will be ready. Don't know enough about too many others, will bail at 10.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Borgman. Once again.

Been voting for him since round 4.

Now that I think about it... our defense really got quite a bit better recently. Dermott was basically our only good defensive prospect. Now we have Liljegren, Borgman, and Rosen to add to our prospect pool who look like they could all be NHL caliber players. Rosen potentially this year, and Borgman and Liljegren as early as next year.

Plus we signed Hainsey for two more years. We've still got Carrick and Marchenko. I think it's safe to call Marincin a bust at this point... but I suppose you never know.

All we lost from last season was Hunwick and Polak. No huge loss there.

I think our defense could be dramatically improved this year. And our offense is going to be better this year too of course. Andersen will probably be better overall since he started last year coming off an injury.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I still think Timashov is a lot better than his stats last year indicate. Trevor Moore produced too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad