Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Timothy Liljegren -- 57.66%
2. Kasperi Kapanen -- 89.47%
3. Travis Dermott -- 83.75%
4. Carl Grundstrom -- 55.23%
5. Yegor Korshkov -- 35.67%
6. Jeremy Bracco --34.48%
7. Andreas Johnsson -- 25.48%

Dmytro Timashov
Miro Aaltonen
JD Greenway
Tobias Lindberg
Frederik Gauthier
Andrew Nielson
Martin Dzierkals
Justin Holl
Dakota Joshua
Eemeli Rasanen
Kerby Rychel
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Andreas Borgman
Calle Rosen

John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Rinat Valiev
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Tobias Lindberg
Keaton Middleton
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Trevor Moore
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7

2016 Final Result
2015 Final Result
2014 Final Result
2013 Final Result
2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I guess this is where we ask - am I voting for the player most likely to become a serviceable NHL player - have a career in some capacity basically or am I voting for the player I think will be a really good NHLer here?

So, for me, it has to be Gauthier here. I respect Nielsen's AHL offence but just can't ever see him being an NHLer right now. Hope I'm wrong.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I guess this is where we ask - am I voting for the player most likely to become a serviceable NHL player - have a career in some capacity basically or am I voting for the play I think will be a good NHLer here?

So, for me, it has to be Gauthier here.

A mix of all 3 essentially. Whoever yout hink will give this organisation the best value down the line and the chances of that happening.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
A mix of all 3 essentially. Whoever yout hink will give this organisation the best value down the line and the chances of that happening.

Just so many unknown players to me. I like the write-up on the Borg for instance. Rychel is meh to me, Timashov is my bet to make it as well in some capacity. Went sideways with the Marlies last season - seems very young. Fun guessing game I guess. That's why it has to be Freddy here at this point I think.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Borgman should be considered in our top 6 at least. Played pro, won rookie of the year iirc, great skating good size. If we drafted him you would all be drooling!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Just so many unknown players to me. I like the write-up on the Borg for instance. Rychel is meh to me, Timashov is my bet to make it as well in some capacity. Went sideways with the Marlies last season - seems very young. Fun guessing game I guess. That's why it has to be Freddy here at this point I think.

Then don't vote? Or vote for whoever you think. It's meant to be a consensus of everyone.

It's just for fun. It's not meant to be stressful or anything accurate.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Rasanen.

Big RHD, who can put up points, uses his body, and has a solid starting point in terms of skating.

Borgman, Rosen, Rychel, Nielsen are all acceptable

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I must add - it's great to see such a large crop of D prospects compared to last year. And the versatility amongst them is even better

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I must add - it's great to see such a large crop of D prospects compared to last year. And the versatility amongst them is even better

Agreed. But. May not have a C in the top 10. I don't care if our NHL centre depth is top notch, still good to give more in the pipeline. We have wingers like crazy. Defence and goaltending have been addressed overall the past 2 years. Need some centres.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
I have Borgman at 6, so he's my pick here...My remaining rankings, based on potential, NHL readiness and likelihood of reaching potential:

9. Nielsen
10. Rosen
11. Rasanen
12. Brooks
13. Gauthier
14. Woll
15. Rychel
16. Timashov
17. Aaltonen
18. Dzierkals
19. Greenway
20. Valiev
21. Lindberg
22. Scott
23. Engvall
24. Joshua
25. Lindgren

Interesting Follows
Ryan McGregor
Jack Walker
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladislav Kara
Vladimir Bobylev

The Rest
John Piccinich
Nolan Vesey
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Keaton Middleton
Nicolas Mattinen
Justin Holl
Trevor Moore
Ryan O'Connell

Same as yesterday, Borgman here, Nielsen #9. Everyone from 6-19 for me can be fairly interchangeable, depending on what you want to base the rankings on, IMO.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Nielsen here mostly because i'm familiar with him. It could easily be a guy like Aaltonen or Borgman, but I just don't know enough about them or how they will transition to NA ice.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Rasanen.

Big RHD, who can put up points, uses his body, and has a solid starting point in terms of skating.

Borgman, Rosen, Rychel, Nielsen are all acceptable

Nielsen is also a big rhd (edit, no hes not a rhd, Rest of point stands tho) though not as good of skater (from what people have told me) better at putting up points. It was said rasanen only had 9 even strength points in 16/17. Doesn't bode well for me. Nielsen had 19 ES points and was against tougher competition.

Last edited:

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Nielsen is also a big rhd though not as good of skater (from what people have told me) better at putting up points. It was said rasanen only had 9 even strength points in 16/17. Doesn't bode well for me. Nielsen had 19 ES points and was against tougher competition.

Nielsen is LHD and I believe he has a higher ceiling than Rasanen too.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Then don't vote? Or vote for whoever you think. It's meant to be a consensus of everyone.

Yeah it's not something people are supposed to rely on to accurately predict the future.

It's greatest utility is just allowing our future selves to look back and see what "we" thought of prospects at particular moments in time.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Still a lot of good depth on the board. Went with Nielsen for his combination of upside and projectability, but Gauthier, Räsänen, Rychel, Borgman, Woll, Brooks, and Rosen all have legitimate NHL upside. Hell, Dakota Joshua was a PPG+ sophomore in the NCAA this year. This is the kind of rookie depth top teams need to cycle out salary and stay competitive.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Any of the names coming up over the next few votes are good.

I'm sticking with Nielsen though, mainly because of how far his game came along over the course of last season. He came out of the gate exciting with PPG pace but also gaffing his way into a +/- basement. The coaching staff made a point to have him sacrifice some of that production in the name of development. They're on record saying how willing he was to learn. You could see it down the stretch, the points dried up, but his defence improved. He has done nothing but get better over his career. Maybe he hits the wall sometime, but not yet.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

True - and I really do not understand why so many of the posters keep on arguing é fighting over these rankings, people have their reasonings to vote for certain players (right or wrong) - yes it should be taken as a fun as these rankings do not matter much. Whatès going to happen down the road, nobody know

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Nielsen is going to win this poll easily, he was very close even on the last poll (so no surprise here

Good for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad