Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Voted Woll. Don't know how alot of posters here have him so low on their lists. He has some serious starter potenetial and his development path has been going great so far.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Haven't seen enough of Korshkov to comfortably say he's better than Bracco. At some point you have to give a benefit of a doubt to the scouts opinions, as they were chosen fairly close in different draft years. Brocco has been impressive, so I'm going for him this time. Maybe Korshkov next.

Outside of a good Memorial Cup (4 game sample size), what has he done lately that is impressive?

Of the CHL guys left on the board:
Rychel had a FAR BETTER U20 season...
Brooks had a FAR BETTER U20 season...
Timashov had a very comparable U20 season...
Nielsen had a similar quality U20 season given his position...

What has Bracco done that sepperates him from any of these guys??

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Outside of a good Memorial Cup (4 game sample size), what has he done lately that is impressive?

Thank you.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Haven't seen enough of Korshkov to comfortably say he's better than Bracco. At some point you have to give a benefit of a doubt to the scouts opinions, as they were chosen fairly close in different draft years. Brocco has been impressive, so I'm going for him this time. Maybe Korshkov next.

Not really. Bracco was picked at #61, Korshkov at #31. That's an entire round (30 spots) between them.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

Yeah I'm with you..I don't get the Bracco hype. He doesn't even make my top 10..

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
So what...? I would be surprised if 10% of the posters here have watched significant minutes of 10 of these prospects...

I agree but one that many of us got to watch a ton was Bracco. That's my point. Peeps are voting for a player they know nothing about and who had a serious leg fracture to boot. No-one here really knows the player before and after that injury.

I know nothing at all about Korshkov - nothing. I am not alone.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
A lot of Russian hockey experts on here. Glad so many here have seen Korshkov play :laugh:

Seen him at the WJU20 and a few streamed games last year. I think he played in the KHL when he was 18, he also plays on Russias back up national team, He is in our top 5. :nod:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Context please. Rychel was on stacked OHL teams. Bracco was on Kitcher and Windsor(a very defensive oriented team).

Okay so didn't Rychel also have some NHL experience under his belt by Bracco's age, too.

How's that for added context?

He was good enough then, out of training camp, to be kept up for a time, on an NHL team.

I can't even see that happening for Bracco this season.

Rychel is a better talent in my eyes.

IMO he's also better than shiny new toy Korshkov but I know all about the affinity toward shiny new toys here, so it is what it is.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I agree but one that many of us got to watch a ton was Bracco. That's my point. Peeps are voting for a player they know nothing about and who had a serious leg fracture to boot. No-one here really knows the player before and after that injury.

I know nothing at all about Korshkov - nothing. I am not alone.

I don't understand, whats your point...?

You're more familiar with some prospects than others? Its safe to say everyone feels the same way... It shouldn't matter.

Case in point... How many games did you see Liljegren play? How many games did you see Bracco play? Does that make Bracco a better prospect in your eyes?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco

Unlike Korshkov who might be always injured, Bracco has improved his overall game to the point that he can be a top 5 prospect for the team.
Rychel only does well when carried by good players.
Bracco has done a lot more than basically the rest of the guys here.
Lets hope Bracco continues to show further improvement.
What have the rest of the guys done aside from being lower than Bracco always?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Bracco

Unlike Korshkov who might be always injured, Bracco has improved his overall game to the point that he can be a top 5 prospect for the team.
Rychel only does well when carried by good players.
Bracco has done a lot more than basically the rest of the guys here.
Lets hope Bracco continues to show further improvement.
What have the rest of the guys done aside from being lower than Bracco always?

Please explain to me how Bracco's U20 season:
57GP, 25G, 83P + Playoffs: 7GP, 2G, 5P

Trumps

Brooks' U20 season:
72GP, 38G 120P + Playoffs: 12GP, 7G, 23P

Nielsen's U20 season: (Keep in mind, as a D-man)
71GP, 18G, 70P + Playoffs: 5GP, 1G, 3P

Andreas Borgman's SHL Rookie of the year season...

Woll's dominance in NCAA as a freshman...

Plus NHL ready guys like Rychel, Johnsson, Gauthier, Rosen
Plus Raw kids with huge upside: Greenway, Rasanen
PLUS similar calliber folks like Timashov, Aaltonen, Joshua

I just don't see what Bracco has done since being drafted that truly seperates him from anyone else.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I don't understand, whats your point...?

You're more familiar with some prospects than others? Its safe to say everyone feels the same way... It shouldn't matter.

Case in point... How many games did you see Liljegren play? How many games did you see Bracco play? Does that make Bracco a better prospect in your eyes?

I can vote for Bracco because I know what I'm voting for. I didn't vote for Lilijgren for the same reason - I don't know his game at all - it's all hearsay for me. How can you vote for a prospect(Korshkov) to be #5 when you don't know that player? How? That's my point. Should be a straight forward thing to understand.

Don't vote if you don't know.

My list looks like this:

Kappy
Dermott
Bracco
Johnson
Timashov
etc.

because I have seen them play live or on televised games.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I can vote for Bracco because I know what I'm voting for. I didn't vote for Lilijgren for the same reason - I don't know his game at all - it's all hearsay for me. How can you vote for a prospect(Korshkov) to be #5 when you don't know that player? How? That's my point. Should be a straight forward thing to understand.

Don't vote if you don't know.

My list looks like this:

Kappy
Dermott
Bracco
Johnson
Timashov
etc.

because I have seen them play live or on televised games.

Thats your opinion, and thats fine...

Personally, I don't think its right to omit a player because you haven't seen them a lot. You look at stats, scouting reports, YT videos and formulate opinions on guys...

When I vote, Its based off of who I predict will be more successfull at the NHL level.... not based off of the talent I've seen 'live'...

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Please explain to me how Bracco's U20 season:
57GP, 25G, 83P + Playoffs: 7GP, 2G, 5P

Trumps

Brooks' U20 season:
72GP, 38G 120P + Playoffs: 12GP, 7G, 23P

Nielsen's U20 season: (Keep in mind, as a D-man)
71GP, 18G, 70P + Playoffs: 5GP, 1G, 3P

Andreas Borgman's SHL Rookie of the year season...

Woll's dominance in NCAA as a freshman...

Plus NHL ready guys like Rychel, Johnsson, Gauthier, Rosen
Plus Raw kids with huge upside: Greenway, Rasanen
PLUS similar calliber folks like Timashov, Aaltonen, Joshua

I just don't see what Bracco has done since being drafted that truly seperates him from anyone else.

Brooks - agreed
Woll - agreed
Nielsen - do not agree - unless something changes he will not become an NHL player
Borgman - absolutely no idea - no-one does. I am stoked to see these guys though...

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Thats your opinion, and thats fine...

Personally, I don't think its right to omit a player because you haven't seen them a lot. You look at stats, scouting reports, YT videos and formulate opinions on guys...

When I vote, Its based off of who I predict will be more successfull at the NHL level.... not based off of the talent I've seen 'live'...

Fair 'nuff. I accept that. I would like to see the tile of the threads changed to "Predictions For Prospects Ranking"

Same thing every year though. Famously, Matt Finn was close to our best prospect not too long ago. :)

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Brooks - agreed
Woll - agreed
Nielsen - do not agree - unless something changes he will not become an NHL player
Borgman - absolutely no idea - no-one does. I am stoked to see these guys though...

Pssst, nobody in this fan base is really qualified to make an accurate list ... go with the flow ;)

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
The next few are really interchangeable.
Very tough to put one distinctly above the other.

I gave Borgman the nod in the last poll.
I'll give Johnsson the nod here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad