Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Should be Bracco but people are voting purely based off recent draft position it seems.

Last edited:

nonikhanna

Feb 9, 2011
Maple Tree
Korshkov over Bracco simple because he has the size and the skill to be an impact player in the NHL. He has more experience playing against men. Until Bracco translates his play from the OHL to the AHL and the NHL, Korshkov will be above him in these rankings.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Youth over ability here. Nothing changes.

And it's Rychel over Bracco if you're being truly objective. He has him beat all over the place. :P

Like? Bracco had a solid year and solid junior career overall, has a memorial cup and a WJC gold medal on his resume lol. All Rychel has over Bracco is draft position. Bracco is finesse and skill and Rychel is grit with some skill.

Also, Bracco and Korshkov are the same age.

edit: CORRECTION, Bracco is actually a year younger than Korshkov, even though Korshkov was drafted in 2016 whereas Bracco was in 2015. So your youth over ability argument is even more wrong.

Last edited:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It should be Bracco but some have their biases.
Bracco is better than Rychel, Joshua, Korshkov IMO

some have their biases? :laugh:

Ridiculous, Korshkov has already played 3 seasons in the KHL, only a year difference in age.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's not like Korshkov dominates the KHL.

He was doing really well before he got a freak injury and broke his leg.

Someone with Braccos size and skill, his PP time, and his lack of 2-way game in his D+2, probably should've put up more points tbh.

And Im not even a fan of attacking of our own prospects when talking about another.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Not really. Bracco was picked at #61, Korshkov at #31. That's an entire round (30 spots) between them.

Well, Bracco was probably chosen 15 spots too late, and Korshkov 15 spots too early. How's that for pulling stuff out of butt, though it will be impossible to match a lot of the experts at that around here.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Should be Bracco but people are voting purely based off recent draft position it seems.

Not at all...

It's not like Korshkov dominates the KHL.

Its not like Bracco has dominated junior... :laugh:...

Bracco was 12th in the OHL in scoring...

Korshkov was tied for 12th in PPG among U24 players (which likley would have been higher if he didn't break his leg...)

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I'm going out of the box to round out my top five and go with Rychel.

He seems to have worked out his game and has the highest ceiling compared to the remaining prospects.

Couldn't agree more. Rychel has already had good success in the AHL, and is the closest to NHL ready of any prospect in this thread not named Kapanen. He does not get the respect he deserves. My vote Rychel as well.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Depending on how he bounces back from his injury, and having only Moore ahead of him on the depth charts at C, Freddy Gauthier. (I hit Nielson's button instead of the Goat, darn)

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Couldn't agree more. Rychel has already had good success in the AHL, and is the closest to NHL ready of any prospect in this thread not named Kapanen. He does not get the respect he deserves. My vote Rychel as well.

Yeah, it's just that he's an older prospect and we didn't draft him, so he gets no love here.

Which is just plain wrong IMO.

However Dermott from the sounds of things appears just as NHL ready too. But he's already voted in the top five.

Oh well. 4 of my top 5 Leafs prospects made it in on HF. :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I voted Bracco, but I consider Grundstrom/Korshkov/Bracco all to be on the same tier.

As long as he goes next, I'll be happy

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Well, Bracco was probably chosen 15 spots too late, and Korshkov 15 spots too early. How's that for pulling stuff out of butt, though it will be impossible to match a lot of the experts at that around here.

You stated they were picked close. I disagreed.

No need to take it as any more or less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad