Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
While this is true, we have our future 1-2-3 locked up for 4+ years (either under contract or RFA status with Matthews, Nylander, and Kadri). It's not a huge concern right now and I'd actually be pretty shocked if we didn't have Matthews and Nylander as our 1-2 punch for the next 10+ years.

Most likely we are looking for a #3C to replace Kadri in 4 years due to cap reasons (hopefully not!) so that gives us the next 2 drafts still (or trades/FA) with a chance we won't need another center for longer if Kadri ends up re-signing.

For once I'm glad we're better stocked on the wings, defense, and goaltending as I believe our centers are the most set in stone once Nylander transitions over in a year or so.

Nothing wrong with having another strong one in the pipeline. They can be used in trades if needed. Teams are always looking for centres. We were for almost a decade. Just say we have Matthews, Willy and Kadri locked up and all the sudden in 2018 we get lucky and take the next Leon Draisaitl. You then deal Kadri, or even this new kid for a king's ransom.

I just think drafting and developing at C is tough and when you can, that player becomes extremely valuable.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'll keep beating this drum. No Cs so far. Judging by the poll Brooks could win this or he may not win until about 14. I realize that at the big level we are all the sudden rich at the position, but the system should always be stocked as it is a very valuable position.

That would be ideal, but consider we have centers 1, 2, and 3 under control for the next 4 years at least, there's really no pressing need to go out of our way to address it right now.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
For me at this point I factor NHL probability highest when ranking them. That puts Gauthier, Rosen and Rychel highest. Then I factor in potential of those 3. It was Rychel for me. He could still be a middle 6 scoring agitator.

If it's just potential, I look at JD Greenway and Eemeli Rasanen(sp?)

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
2017 Rankings thus far
Pos. | Player | 2017 | 2016+ | 2016-
RD |
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Timothy Liljegren | 1 | -- | --
RW |
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Kasperi Kapanen | 2 | 6 | 1
LD |
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Travis Dermott | 3 | 8 | 2
LW |
Carl Grundström | 4 | 18 | 10
RW |
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Yegor Korshkov | 5 | 14 | 7
RW |
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Jeremy Bracco | 6 | 17 | 9
LW |
Andreas Johnsson | 7 | 10 | 3
LD |
23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Andrew Nielsen | 8 | 13 | 6
LD |
vr7szl.jpg
Andreas Borgman | 9 | -- | --
G |
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Joseph Woll | 10 | 23 | 13

2017 Rank
2016+ -- Last year's rank.
2016- -- Last year's rank minus prospects who graduated or are no longer with the organization.

Wouldnt Borgman get a Swede flag next to his name?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Just so everyone knows, we have a 22 year old who led his team and finished top 30 in ahl scoring, who plays a gritty game. He likely making the leafs or a early call-up. He's still not voted in yet.

You should all go vote for him. He's not too bad.

Initials are K.R. ;)

Great to see this kind of depth in our pool though. With Rychel, Aaltonen, Timishov, Rosen all having NHL potential, our organization is in a great spot.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Bracco shouldn't be in the top 10 until we get a look at him in the AHL, my opinion.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
While this is true, we have our future 1-2-3 locked up for 4+ years (either under contract or RFA status with Matthews, Nylander, and Kadri). It's not a huge concern right now and I'd actually be pretty shocked if we didn't have Matthews and Nylander as our 1-2 punch for the next 10+ years.

Most likely we are looking for a #3C to replace Kadri in 4 years due to cap reasons (hopefully not!) so that gives us the next 2 drafts still (or trades/FA) with a chance we won't need another center for longer if Kadri ends up re-signing.

For once I'm glad we're better stocked on the wings, defense, and goaltending as I believe our centers are the most set in stone once Nylander transitions over in a year or so.

The other thing to consider too is that when your team is in the habit of keeping its picks you just restock every season without interruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad