2017 Conn Smythe Trophy Winner Pekka Rinne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draq

Mar 2, 2016
Germany
He is a freaking wall. Really at this point I think it doesnt really matter if they win the finals. He is just amazing.

I'm rooting for Rinne now.
GG Nashville.

ps: Shoutout to my Ducks, never quit, never stopped playing. Exceeded the expectations by a great margin. Proud of you!

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He needs to keep it up in the finals. This may just be the best goalie run of all time in the playoffs. I kind of doubt it though he probably gets lit up

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Pekka is playing brilliantly but I still think the preds would need to win in the finals to beat Geno. Let's go preds!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was a huge non-believer in Rinne after 3 below average/poor seasons in 4 years before this, and I still think he's been too inconsistent from year to year since the 2012 lockout to say he's still an elite goaltender.

This is the best he's looked since 2012 though, he did have a good season in 14-15 also, just didn't keep it up through the playoffs.

I think he's the easy Conn Smythe winner if Nashville wins.

BiasedDuck16

Dec 25, 2011
Canada
great post. Great year by the Ducks.. WHAT HEART.

in saying that congrats to NSH on a great series. Sorry I cannot be cheering for you, but hard not to root against the Legend in SID (Knock on wood)

Subban, Josi, Rinne are a wonderful core with a great surrounding cast minus Forsberg, and Neal as those two flop more then dying fish LOL but congrats again Preds

Draq

Mar 2, 2016
Germany
His puck handling is as good as it gets and he always seems calm and collected in the crease. On top of that he sounds like Teemu, just love the finnish accent :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He's the clear favourite but I still think Nashville needs to win for him to officially win it.

Maaaaybe a game 7th loss like was mentioned.

Hospy

Mar 18, 2013
If the Preds win sure.

I'm scared what the Pens will do to him though.

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
He needs to keep it up in the finals. This may just be the best goalie run of all time in the playoffs. I kind of doubt it though he probably gets lit up

He's going to have to have one hell of a finish up against:

1986 Patrick Roy
1999 Domenic Hasek
2011 Tim Thomas
2012 Jonathan Quick

Off the top of my head. There's probably others I'm forgetting.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He's going to have to have one hell of a finish up against:

1986 Patrick Roy
1999 Domenic Hasek
2011 Tim Thomas
2012 Jonathan Quick

Off the top of my head. There's probably others I'm forgetting.

02-03 Giguere.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I have an idea how to rename this thread:

"2017 The Great Jinx Trophy Winner Draq"

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's pretty hard to sustain the level of play that he was playing at through the first 3 rounds.

Only 2011 Quick and 2012 Thomas (I'm pretty sure) were able to finish with a .940+ save percentage after 4 rounds in recent years. Rask was at exactly .940 in 2013 after 4 rounds. Giguere all the way back in 2003 also.

Several others were able to sustain well into the .940's after 3 rounds, like Mike Smith in 2012 and probably a few others who went to the SCF and finished below the .940's by the time the SCF was done.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
I have an idea how to rename this thread:

"2017 The Great Jinx Trophy Winner Draq"

Maybe bumping this thread before the award has been awarded, calling it a jinx-thread, cancels out the original jinx?

Wait? Did I just do a counter-counter-jinx so we're back where we started?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh The pens are great against big goalies... they have some absurd record vs them in the Crosby Malkin era... Plus Rinne has never had anything but bad luck vs the pens... every bounce always goes their way

Last round Anderson had 99% of the bounces go his way... pucks hit the crossbar, bounced onto his back then slid wide, hit the inside of goalposts and bounced wide... I mean he had saves off of his butt end of his stick... and Guentzel missed like six chip shots with lots of space or even wide open nets...

This round all those pucks that somehow stayed out last round are going in... its how it goes sometimes... i dont think Rinne has played badly at all

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
But it doesn't matter if the Preds lose and Rinne allows 4-5 goals a game in the finals, he is a freaking wall!!! :sarcasm:

HotDogPhil

Jun 7, 2016
Rinne got pulled after putting up 2 of his worst performances in the playoffs thus far.....in the Finals. On top of that, the obvious narrative for the past two games are that the Penguins have looked like ****, played like ****, and have been thoroughly thrashed by the Preds.

Soooooo.......why exactly does he deserve the Conn Smythe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad