2017 CL and EL Draw Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am enjoying the win earlier today. Not really too bothered mocking anything up, I'll reserve judgment for tomorrow.

Would prefer to avoid Real Madrid and Juve in Pot 1. Atletico Madrid and PSG in Pot 2, but not "scared" enough of anyone else to care otherwise.

Looking forward to being in a group with Juve and PSG while Man Utd is in a group with Spartak and Anderlecht and Tottenham get Shaktar and Porto.

Because duh.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't know Moscow had two teams there. And there's something missing as well...

Yes they are two Moscow teams, look again : Spartak and CSKA.
Also didn't mean to post all the groups, just the ones I'd like to see.

So yeah, try again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not scared of Barca or Bayern?

Not compared to the others that I mentioned. I like Klopp's chances against anyone from Germany and Barca is in complete disarray right now. Would rather get them at an earlier stage in fact. Liverpool also do better against those kind of teams.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
CSKA is doomed as they are in pot 4.

They've played in CL group for a few years in a row, but sucked so their rating dropped significantly. Shoulda played EL for a year to get the rating up

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Got this in the simulator:

Group A
Bayern München
FC Porto
Olympiakos Piraeus
CSKA Moscow

Group B
AS Monaco
FC Barcelona
Liverpool
APOEL Nicosia

Group C
Chelsea
Atlético Madrid
AS Roma
RB Leipzig

Group D
Juventus
Manchester City
Anderlecht
Feyenoord

Group E
Shakhtar Donetsk
Paris Saint-Germain
Napoli
NK Maribor

Group F
Real Madrid
Manchester United
FC Basel
Sporting CP Lisbon

Group G
Benfica
Sevilla
Besiktas
Celtic

Group H
Spartak Moscow
Borussia Dortmund
Tottenham Hotspur
Garabag Agdam

I'd love to see Spurs play Dortmund!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A group of:

Barcelona
PSG
Liverpool
Celtic

Would be fun, and interesting.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Hopefully :
Real
City
Napoli
Leipzig

And
Juventus
Barca
Spurs
Moscow

And
Monaco
Sevilla
Olympiakos
Maribor

And
Moscow
PSG
Basel
Qarabag

:D

I'd like to see PSG facing at least one great team. It would prepare them better than a cupcake group.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
All good.

Would rather play Monaco and Barca than the alternative of PSG and Real Madrid (of your scenario)

Yes, I'd really like to be in the same group as Barcelona tbh. Although I feel like that rat Coutinho might pull some shadiness in a match against them.

Monaco I think is for the taking this year especially if they lose Fabinho and Mbappe as reported.

So yeah...Monaco, Barcelona, Liverpool, Celtic would be an incredible group.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes, I'd really like to be in the same group as Barcelona tbh. Although I feel like that rat Coutinho might pull some shadiness in a match against them.

Monaco I think is for the taking this year especially if they lose Fabinho and Mbappe as reported.

So yeah...Monaco, Barcelona, Liverpool, Celtic would be an incredible group.

I wouldn't say Monaco are for the taking. Jardim might decide to park it and they have one of the best center back pairs in Europe. That being said they are better than some of the alternatives for sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Right now, Monaco hasn't missed a beat. And they're benching Mbappe. 3 games, 3 wins, 8 goals scored. Still I don't expect them to be as competitive as last year.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
given the easy draw Spurs received in their least important Cup, I expect to see

Madrid
PSG
Spurs
and who cares.

Staying out of Madrid's group will be vital to anyone's health. With the way that the pots are set up, it feels like they are very likely to be in the Group of Death

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Staying out of Madrid's group will be vital to anyone's health. With the way that the pots are set up, it feels like they are very likely to be in the Group of Death

With a handful of very good teams in pot 3, and an absolutely stacked pot 2, the groups with Juve, Bayern and Madrid are very likely to be deadly.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
With a handful of very good teams in pot 3, and an absolutely stacked pot 2, the groups with Juve, Bayern and Madrid are very likely to be deadly.

I just see all those Spanish teams in Pot 3 and feel like its destiny (or just UEFA) that will bring PSG and Madrid together

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't want PSG and RM in the same group.

Though if they finish 1 and 2 would that put them on opposite sides of the bracket? Too lazy to look it all up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad