Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Went Andersson. I would love to hear why someone thought AOM was in this race this early? He's solid but doesn't have the upside some of these guys have. I would guess this same argument is why many of you Kulak lovers have yet to name him!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Rasmus. Has all the tools to be a top 4 D. Very smart defender who just strikes me as efficient whenever I watch him. When the criteria is as general and vague as a poll like this I'll usually side with the guy who's closer to cracking a NHL roster.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Rasmus then Valimaki.
More or less the two extra years of development is the difference. Rasmus has done nothing but increase his stock since being drafted. Valimaki might end up being the significantly better prospect come next year though.

Dmen are ridiculously hard to peg.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Went Andersson. I would love to hear why someone thought AOM was in this race this early? He's solid but doesn't have the upside some of these guys have. I would guess this same argument is why many of you Kulak lovers have yet to name him!

Nobody who is high on Kulak thinks he's a top five prospect. We're high on him because he's NHL ready and looks like he has a shot at being an impact player. That doesn't make him better than Jankowski or Parsons or something

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Either a troll or someone from another fanbase decided to vote for the hell of it.

Anyways, voted Gillies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Snipe, according to the Flames website, both Ron Sutter and Ray Edwards are directors of player development.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Interesting.

Yeah the more I think about it he's gotta be our top prospect. Plays with patience ,can score, skate, move the puck, has a good frame and should fill out.

It's kind of telling how much improved our pool is when our most recent first isn't going to be in our top 2 prospects anymore lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's kind of telling how much improved our pool is when our most recent first isn't going to be in our top 2 prospects anymore lol

A good development program will do that.
When we start graduating guys into the NHL over the next few years, finally this pool will get some love it deserves. Not saying it's a top NHL-level prospect pool, but it has some really solid depth and some good NHL upside.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
These are fighting words I'm aware, but anyone talking about Kylington over Valimaki are out to lunch. I can see the high potential argument for Kylington, but the bust factor is exponentially higher than Valimaki.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
These are fighting words I'm aware, but anyone talking about Kylington over Valimaki are out to lunch. I can see the high potential argument for Kylington, but the bust factor is exponentially higher than Valimaki.

I agree. I didn't see enough growth from Kylington in the AHL this year to be comfortable saying id keep him over Valimaki. Same goes for Andersson.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I agree. I didn't see enough growth from Kylington in the AHL this year to be comfortable saying id keep him over Valimaki. Same goes for Andersson.

For me I guess I just see it as the risk reward. I don't see Valimaki's ceiling being that drastically lower than Kylington's, but I do see his bust potential as significantly better in comparison.

Andersson I get the argument, as he's definitely grown well. I still have Valimaki above him slightly, but I'm not fussed if people prefer someone they are more familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad