OT: 2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Still hoping Jamaal Westerman convinces his brother to sign here (I haven't seen word that Jabar has signed). Big National starting DT would be a coup for the Blue and Gold. Still hoping Denmark returns to shore up receiving corps and Lafrance is brought in to supplement Harris at RB.

However the question marks remain at QB for me. We enter the year with Nichols #1 and Davis #2 we are in for a bad bad time.

Lawless tweeted that Jabar is about to sign with MTL.

I'd like to see the Bombers sign LeFevour as backup QB.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
LeFevour at his best looks like the guy we all hoped Robert Marve would become.

LeFevour at his worst looks like...well, Robert Marve. :laugh:

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Lefevour is a good signing. He will compete with Dom Davis in camp for the #2 QB job.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It will be Nichols Davis lefevour and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Eventually you gotta give the guy you've been developing a shot

That'd be even worse. Davis is bad. It became obvious to me a couple years ago why Calgary cut bait with that guy.

Nichols is at best a high quality backup QB. Lefevour is a journeyman backup/3rd stringer. Davis is a poor prospect that has never shown upside. Their QB spot is a mess. If the season goes badly you won't have to look further than that. The poor talent at QB likely what ends up costing O'Shea and maybe Walters their job.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Great, now we have the QB who got pushed to the sidelines on the worst team in the league by the QB we wanted run out of town on a rail. Aces, Kyle. :thumbu:

In fairness, Willy was always going to take over in Toronto. Not going to keep that contract on the bench for the entire season.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
That'd be even worse. Davis is bad. It became obvious to me a couple years ago why Calgary cut bait with that guy.

Nichols is at best a high quality backup QB. Lefevour is a journeyman backup/3rd stringer. Davis is a poor prospect that has never shown upside. Their QB spot is a mess. If the season goes badly you won't have to look further than that. The poor talent at QB likely what ends up costing O'Shea and maybe Walters their job.

History repeats itself. In 2009, Kevin Glenn was deemed expendable for a guy named Lefors. Now, Glenn is again deemed expendable for a guy named Lefevour. What the Le**** is with this team?

This is 100% on Walters. O'Shea can only work with what he is given. Which is not any defense of O'Shea. I'm sure he will provide enough on-field **** ups this season to justify his firing. ;)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
In fairness, Willy was always going to take over in Toronto. Not going to keep that contract on the bench for the entire season.

Toronto reworked his contract in the off-season. They also went out and signed Matthews a few days ago. Not sure what the plan in Toronto is. No GM and no coach so probably no real plan yet.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Here we go again.... Lefevour cost them nothing. Low risk. Not a big deal. Nichols led the the team to their first playoff birth since what, 2011? Gotta stick with him. I agree with you on Davis, not a huge fan. What did you want them to do? Give up assets for a QB from somewhere else that may end up only being marginally better (or worse - not better at all) than what we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad