Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I've surprisingly seen our names thrown around for bigger targets like kessel. I'll believe it when I see it but wouldnt mind one last shot with this core before our rebuild.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I've surprisingly seen our names thrown around for bigger targets like kessel. I'll believe it when I see it but wouldnt mind one last shot with this core before our rebuild.

The ship has sailed on this core especially with Perry and Kesler trending down fast. Throwing picks and high-end prospects at one last [delusional] shot with this core would be tragic.

Unfortunately, this team is dead in the middle of the black hole with very limited flexibility to move up or down very quickly. We'll see what BM does but any expectations for the current core to be any better than they were last year is very optimistic IMO.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Given that Bob wants to give RC a chance to reinvent himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to improve the roster to help his "new" coach.

He's going to improve the roster, no doubt. Or at least improve it in his mind. This won't be a rebuilding year for the Ducks.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He's going to improve the roster, no doubt. Or at least improve it in his mind. This won't be a rebuilding year for the Ducks.
Agreed. The only question is how far will he go to "improve" the team given that by keeping RC, the de facto goal is to make the playoffs and hopefully win the cup next year.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Agreed. The only question is how far will he go to "improve" the team given that by keeping RC, the de facto goal is to make the playoffs and hopefully win the cup next year.

Yup. I think he sees this year as his last shot to win the cup with the current core.

We're not that far off if Kesler and Eaves are healthy.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The ship has sailed on this core especially with Perry and Kesler trending down fast. Throwing picks and high-end prospects at one last [delusional] shot with this core would be tragic.

Unfortunately, this team is dead in the middle of the black hole with very limited flexibility to move up or down very quickly. We'll see what BM does but any expectations for the current core to be any better than they were last year is very optimistic IMO.
I dont think anything is as certain as you make it sound. In my opinion I think you are probably right, but we dont know a lot about the team. Kesler was clearly steadily improving last year. We dont know how healthy he ends up. Getzlaf was great last year. Our d and goalie are young. What if they collectively take a big step forward? What if Kesler regains form? What if a rookie takes on a meaningful role and we get another wing that makes a big impact? And what if DC gets fired and the new guy turns us around really quickly?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
LeBrun didn’t mention the draft — he said within the next few weeks.
Still applies really. We've been tipped to make a big move nearly every off-season it feels like, and very rarely does anything happen. And honestly, I don't see us having the financials to make a big move without moving out a big contract ourselves and all our big contracts are either unmovable due to very limiting NTC's or straight NMC's or absolutely should not be moved as they aren't part of the problem which would make it all very counter productive.

While I do agree with this sentiment, I also wonder if Bob has some pressure on himself finally, that could cause him to make a big move.
Sure is possible, and sure is depressing to think that only now BM decides to make a big move because of possible pressure and didn't realise that the time was a couple of years ago to make that move which would likely have pushed us over the top and win the cup.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Still applies really. We've been tipped to make a big move nearly every off-season it feels like, and very rarely does anything happen.

Vatanen may have been traded in the offseason if he wasn't hurt. Andersen was traded before the draft. Bobby was traded in the offseason. Pronger, etc.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Only reasons I can see Montour being dealt is in package for massive upgrade or if he’s asking for a ridiculous contract.

Also why on earth would the blues move Parayko?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Only reasons I can see Montour being dealt is in package for massive upgrade or if he’s asking for a ridiculous contract.

Also why on earth would the blues move Parayko?

Felix Sicard on Twitter asked: Would the Ducks trade Montour for #10OA if Boqvist is available? Can't see Ducks doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad