Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Skinner with Getz and Raks could be deadly. Not sure what Carolina needs though.

A 4th line of Kerdiles and Grant and maybe Kossila? Could be interesting?
Carolina needs scoring... and probably a little more physical players.

Ritchie might actually spark interest as a piece..

But its likely a 1st + Ritchie, or maybe Ritchie + prospect + 2nd.

Or potentially if they really want some grit/scoring

Perry with retention for Skinner... add a lil on both sides to even it out, Maybe Perry + Ritchie for Skinner + pick .... in hopes that we free up enough money to resign Henrique silf and Skinner. Then we could roll

Rakell Getzlaf Skinner
Kase Henrique Eaves
Cogs Kesler Silfverberg
Grant Kossila Kerdelis

or something on that line, if eaves isn't ready next year, move silf up and see if he can form chemistry with that line or bring up a young skilled guy.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That seems very much like a "one-step back, two-steps back" trade for Carolina. :laugh:
They don't feel like skinner is going to stay.... gives them 2 gritty players to go along with the high amount of skill players they have and have drafted in recent years(and likely will get another this year) .... they also have a ton of cap space... so they could actually look into getting a gritty vet like corey perry and it shouldn't strap them(wed obviously have to retain a bit of his contract potentially)... they need guys that can play near the net and score the dirty goals... perry and Ritchie both fit that idea.

I mean I'm not sure Perry would waive to go to Carolina either way... but its just an idea... that I could see working out.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
it's not just about money with Perry. It's important to note that if a player waives a NMC to be traded they do NOT give up the NMC. That's only if the trade is made before it kicks in (new team has right to refuse to honor it). Therefore, the acquiring team probably won't want Perry taking up one of their protection slots in upcoming ED.

Reactions: Getz2perry

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kerdiles has been in the AHL for over 4 seasons now.

I'm very skeptical he's anything more than a career AHL player at this point. Next year is probably his last chance with this org, so maybe they will give him a look

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
it's not just about money with Perry. It's important to note that if a player waives a NMC to be traded they do NOT give up the NMC. That's only if the trade is made before it kicks in (new team has right to refuse to honor it). Therefore, the acquiring team probably won't want Perry taking up one of their protection slots in upcoming ED.
That's true, but he will only have a year left then and could be bought out, although he still has some bonus the last year so it wouldn't be as cheap as otherwise. But a protected spot could still be kept that way, if your GM is smarter than Bob.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You can renegotiate that correct? as long as the NHL approves it... maybe part of the trade gets the okay to not be protected in a potential expansion draft from perry

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That's true, but he will only have a year left then and could be bought out, although he still has some bonus the last year so it wouldn't be as cheap as otherwise. But a protected spot could still be kept that way, if your GM is smarter than Bob.

Most of the teams that have the cap space to acquire Perry are similar to us in that they're not cap teams, but budget teams. While it's possible a team could buy him out, I think it's more likely that they'd rather not put them in a position where they'd need to. It's not like Perry is that good of a player to justify dealing with that mess later on. The Bieksa situation kind of proved that it's not a given that a player will just be bought out.

Burke leaving Calgary today bummed me out because the only team I thought who may take a chance on Perry was Calgary. The odds were slim, but I thought they were the one team who might think he could add something that would justify dealing with the contract and NMC.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
You can renegotiate that correct? as long as the NHL approves it... maybe part of the trade gets the okay to not be protected in a potential expansion draft from perry

I'm definitely no CBA expert, but I don't think that's legal. If I'm not mistaken Ottawa wanted to work something like this out with Phanuef at the last ED and he wouldn't allow it.

Reactions: Getz2perry

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Perry is not being moved please stop I know it's the off season but playoff hockey is still on let's not be delusional yet

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Perry is not being moved please stop I know it's the off season but playoff hockey is still on let's not be delusional yet
Actually, if there really is a rift between him and Murray, it's a legit possibility he's moved. I'm skeptical it'll be the right decision but I can see it happening to shake up the core

He's not going to bring back any value and we will have to retain a lot of money. But he absolutely can be moved if Bob is really done with him (which he definitely seems tired of him).

Hell, if it's that big of an issue between him and Bob, you just buy him out and be done with it.

The whole Perry situation has gotten incredibly tiresome for everyone I think though. I wouldn't be surprised if he just waved his NTC and went and played his last 3 years somewhere else. He's always the guy blamed when we lose (right or wrong) and I think he might be done with that

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Actually, if there really is a rift between him and Murray, it's a legit possibility he's moved. I'm skeptical it'll be the right decision but I can see it happening to shake up the core

He's not going to bring back any value and we will have to retain a lot of money. But he absolutely can be moved if Bob is really done with him (which he definitely seems tired of him).

Hell, if it's that big of an issue between him and Bob, you just buy him out and be done with it.

The whole Perry situation has gotten incredibly tiresome for everyone I think though. I wouldn't be surprised if he just waved his NTC and went and played his last 3 years somewhere else. He's always the guy blamed when we lose (right or wrong) and I think he might be done with that
Agreed here... if there is a rift with him and bob... and I'm pretty sure Perry has never really gotten along with RC.... then I wouldn't be shocked if he waived ... the problem is we wouldn't get a whole lot back unless we got lucky... or were taking an equally bad contract back.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm definitely no CBA expert, but I don't think that's legal. If I'm not mistaken Ottawa wanted to work something like this out with Phanuef at the last ED and he wouldn't allow it.
Oh I thought I read somewhere we could have asked Biaska to waive it at the expansion draft so we didn't have to waste a spot on him.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Kerdiles has been in the AHL for over 4 seasons now.

I'm very skeptical he's anything more than a career AHL player at this point. Next year is probably his last chance with this org, so maybe they will give him a look

I don't think so. I'd much rather see Roy come up. Kerdiles has been in the minors for so long, so its kind of a write-off at this point

He reminds me of Mat Clark when he was with us. I had the guy valued so high, but he ended up just being buried in the minors.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Most of the teams that have the cap space to acquire Perry are similar to us in that they're not cap teams, but budget teams. While it's possible a team could buy him out, I think it's more likely that they'd rather not put them in a position where they'd need to. It's not like Perry is that good of a player to justify dealing with that mess later on. The Bieksa situation kind of proved that it's not a given that a player will just be bought out.

Burke leaving Calgary today bummed me out because the only team I thought who may take a chance on Perry was Calgary. The odds were slim, but I thought they were the one team who might think he could add something that would justify dealing with the contract and NMC.
Well, let's face it. Any Perry trade talk on our part is just fantasy. Perry won't waive. Bob more or less said that when he said Perry likes it here.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Oh I thought I read somewhere we could have asked Biaska to waive it at the expansion draft so we didn't have to waste a spot on him.
Yes, we could have and it would only have been for the ED. He would still have had protection from trade after that. I believe Calgary asked Phanuef to waive for the ED and he said no. But in any case it could have been done. It's no different than any player waiving his NTC or NMC. Pretty much how we got Kesler.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Perry won't waive he has a home and child here now..... No national scrutiny etc etc. We are stuck with him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you said earlier. Yes, a player can definitely waive for the expansion, but what I don't think is allowed is for us to trade Perry to team X and have it in the trade that he will waive for the next expansion. Perry could tell them he'll waive, but that would be a separate transaction with his new team.

Well, let's face it. Any Perry trade talk on our part is just fantasy. Perry won't waive. Bob more or less said that when he said Perry likes it here.

Perry won't waive he has a home and child here now..... No national scrutiny etc etc. We are stuck with him.

I think it's somewhat possible he'd waive, but I think the chances of someone wanting to trade for him (without massive salary being retained or acquired) isn't realistic.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
At this point we're better off hoping this all lit a fire in him and he comes back in his best shape after a couple months of training on his foot speed. I just can't see the combination of a team giving assets and Perry waiving for them.

Oct 18, 2011
Perry holds all the cards he's not getting traded unless he picks a specific location. Murray has no leverage here

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Never underestimate a players pride. If he’s stuck on the 4th line or in the press box he will waive. If he sees that coming he’s better off waiving now while another team may take him. Obviously we would have to retain but at this point I could see another team wanting him at 6M. He’s only got three years left not like he has a huge amount of term.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Never underestimate a players pride. If he’s stuck on the 4th line or in the press box he will waive. If he sees that coming he’s better off waiving now while another team may take him. Obviously we would have to retain but at this point I could see another team wanting him at 6M. He’s only got three years left not like he has a huge amount of term.
That's some serious wishful thinking. For one, Perry is starting a family, why would he willingly leave his family or force them to go to somewhere like Carolina for example? Two, Perry does not strike me as the type of player who plays for pride. He seems like a guy who shows up and does his job and then forgets about it once he clocks out.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad