Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Strome made it. Kempe is the one going down. Not too happy about this but I guess Rinaldo had to clear his suspension.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Kempe bringns nothing useful to the game. I don't care for Rinaldo either but at least he can change momentum (for better and for worse). Kempe has hustle. Great. That's a first step. If it's not followed up by something useful, what's the point? He hustles aaaaand...he hustles aaaaaaand...he hustles aaaaand...*crickets* That's a Dave Tippett player. He'd gladly take six or seven of them. I have no time for even one.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Perfectly fine with Rinaldo being the 13th forward over Kempe. Would rather him get minutes in Tucson as opposed to him being a healthy scratch up here.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
If Duclair can't make it work with Perlini and Dvorak than he's got real problems that extend further than just loving to play on a line with Max Domi.

I don't care whether you call it a 4th line or what, if Strome has Fischer and Crouse on his wings, he's got a chance to be an impact player at full-strength, and then especially on the 2nd PP unit.

I am sure you are right.. It wasn't meant to be a "Duclair wants to play with Domi" It was more like , I know what they had , it would be great to get the Killer D's back , plus have a killer 2nd line as well etc...

Reactions: HerrDonut

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Do you think once OEL comes back , that they send down a D and bring up a Forward? Or do you think they continue on carrying the amount of D they currently have.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It seems to me that Babcock proved over the years that the best answer to goon hockey is a top notch power play. I don't like having a goon on our opening day roster.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Kempe bringns nothing useful to the game. I don't care for Rinaldo either but at least he can change momentum (for better and for worse). Kempe has hustle. Great. That's a first step. If it's not followed up by something useful, what's the point? He hustles aaaaand...he hustles aaaaaaand...he hustles aaaaand...*crickets* That's a Dave Tippett player. He'd gladly take six or seven of them. I have no time for even one.

Three goals in the preseason and generating four points with a line that included Strome and Duclair is not quite nothing. Rinaldo is totally useless - a cheap-shot headhunter who's as likely to get a game misconduct as step out on the ice.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Word! I'm actually happy with this. Rinaldo will take care of business for us. I love him as an agitator/fighter. We got a lot of young undersized guys, he will add a blanket of protection for them. Kempe will be our first call up, sometime in the AHL to hone his skills may be necessary.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm good with this roster, have no problem with Rinaldo - no he isn't the most skilled, but does have a hell of a shot and agitates. Clendening beating out Schenn is a question mark for me.

Reactions: RABBIT

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe we will find out Schenn has the flu or something not IR worthy like that. But Clendening did put up a ton of points in the preseason ans is a right handed shot for a power play that is desperate for right handed shots. Also, Schenn looked like dog doo in the preseason games I saw. Connauton was pretty excellent this preseason in a bit of a surprise (I was ready to write him off).

Reactions: RABBIT

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Really hope there is no need to keep Rinaldo around after his 5 game suspension is over but it's ultimately up to the kids to make that happen.

Honestly, I never liked the way Schenn played last year. Sure he added a layer of grit but too many lapses in defensive coverage and not knowing where to move the puck under pressure. Looked even worse in the preseason but it might be that he just sticks out more by comparison. Wouldn't be surprised if he was waived when Chychrun got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce