Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Solid bounce back game for Skinner after making all those waves after game 4 - he really stepped up. Will be curious to see which Skinner comes to play in game 6 in Lethbridge - this series has been a terrific one to watch, I wouldn't mind a 7th game! ;)

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
On Saturday, Stuart Skinner (W 11-8) made 27 saves, as the Broncos kicked up more dust than the Hurricanes 4-3 to take a 3-2 series lead.
WHL Network
Estephan does it again, scores twice as Broncos edge Canes 4-3 – Swift Current Broncos
Boston Pizza Post Game Show: Giorgio Scores 2 in Game 5 W – Swift Current Broncos

Game 6 tonight.

Swift Current at Lethbridge @ 7 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

I'll have to see if I can find a site for this
Is it in Swift Current?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Canes absolutely dominated the 1st period and lead 1-0 but have a 20-2 shot advantage. Skinner playing really well and has made a few huge saves to keep Broncos in it.

Meanwhile, 2018 eligible dman Calen Addison continues his stellar play with his 7th goal of the playoffs and has drawn two penalties.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Wow, how did that happen? I go away when we're down 1-0 and check and it's 3-1 for us.

By us I mean Swift, lol.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Wow, how did that happen? I go away when we're down 1-0 and check and it's 3-1 for us.

By us I mean Swift, lol.

Broncos came storming back with 3 quick goals in like 2 minutes, they could have had even more. They have to skill to score in bunches like this, thats for sure. Perfect storm of them dictating the play and the Canes sitting back.

Skinner's play in the first is a huge reason the Broncos find themselves in the lead.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Saw some highlights and it looks like the 'Canes star goalie let them down, whereas Skinner has played great. Maybe the beating he took from their fans motivated him..

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
5-1 win and a trip to the Ed Chynoweth Cup vs either Everett or Tri-City.

33 saves for Skinner.

All three stars were Lethbridge players.
qJfMzDe.gif

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
5-1 win and a trip to the Ed Chynoweth Cup vs either Everett or Tri-City.

33 saves for Skinner.

All three stars were Lethbridge players.
qJfMzDe.gif

I've noticed a lot of CHL teams name starts from their teams when their teams get eliminated. Seems kinda lame.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hart vs Skinner. Best goalies in the west face off.

Hart is touted as one of the if not the best goalie prospect no in a pro league. Let's see how Skinner measures up.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I think what we do with him depends on how it ends. If he wins the WHL this season he has nothing left to prove there.
I think one of Wells or Skinner will end up starting in Wichita(ECHL) and the other ends up back for their overage year in junior. Wanna get both of them the most playing time possible, doesn't make sense to have them splitting time in the ECHL.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think one of Wells or Skinner will end up starting in Wichita(ECHL) and the other ends up back for their overage year in junior. Wanna get both of them the most playing time possible, doesn't make sense to have them splitting time in the ECHL.
Skinner will be AHL if he goes pro 100% he is our best goalie prospect hands down

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Skinner will be AHL if he goes pro 100% he is our best goalie prospect hands down
I agree he's he best goalie prospect but it's not out of the norm for guys to spend a year in the ECHL. The Flames did it with Tyler Parsons this year. The Condors will have Shane Starett for sure next year, and then probably one of Brossoit, Montoya or Nick Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad