2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Parisi is alright but Gelinas averages 2 brain cramps per game, which is pretty amazing when you consider this guy played 189 NHL games.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So, it seems that we are lacking prospects in both the Rockets and the Beast. Who from our recent drafts should be able to join the teams for next season to make them deeper?

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
So, it seems that we are lacking prospects in both the Rockets and the Beast. Who from our recent drafts should be able to join the teams for next season to make them deeper?
Next year these prospects will join the Rocket:

Forward

William Bitten
Jake Evans (hopefully)
Hayden Verbeek
Michael Pezzetta (probably ECHL material though)
Jeremiah Addison (full season)

Defense
Cale Fleury

Hopefully we sign young free agents like Schuldt or Galipeau, or else our D will still be atrocious next year.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DZ-VsHrVMAAy09v.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
didn't know he could do that, he's looked so overmatched most of the year that I usually don't notice him, although I haven't watched that many games especially in the 2nd half. Likely our worst AHL team I can remember watching.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Next year these prospects will join the Rocket:

Forward

William Bitten
Jake Evans (hopefully)
Hayden Verbeek
Michael Pezzetta (probably ECHL material though)
Jeremiah Addison (full season)

Defense
Cale Fleury

Hopefully we sign young free agents like Schuldt or Galipeau, or else our D will still be atrocious next year.

It looks like we’ll have another sad roster!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It looks like we’ll have another sad roster!

If we can keep Cracknell and Terry (or replace them with equivalent players), the forward group could be decent:

Rychel - Cracknell - Terry
Korostelev (or replacement) - Evans - Bitten
Boucher (or replacement) - Audette - Grégoire
Addisson - Verbeek - Waked/Pezzeta

May be back: Petti, Ebbing, Eisenschmid, Felhaber, Veilleux, Beauregard, Broll

Hopefully we add a guy like Robby Jackson/Ryan Kufner/Brady Ferguson/Alex Tonge to bolster that LW. Alexandre Alain can also add some C depth. Getting Froese back on top of that could make it a dangerous group.

Defence really depends if they can get some of Schuldt/Galipeau/Gross/Rauhauser/Beaulieu/etc.

Right now it looks like that:

Taormina - Valiev
Plant - Lernout
Bourque - Fleury

May be back: Austin, Owens, McFadden, Leblanc
Probably not back: Parisi, Gélinas

This group definitely need a guy or two to push for the top4.

Schuldt - Valiev
Taormina - Lernout
Galipeau/Plant/Fleury/Bourque

Could be decent.

Goalies are a question mark. Do we keep Fucale or sign a FA (like Cale Morris):

McNiven
????

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
almost turned this game on to see the new kids but didn't. Looks like it was a good choice, 4-1 in the 3rd.

3 games left in the season, if the monsters win their game in hand then Laval would drop to league WORST. :baghead::arr:

Just one hell of a job this year by MB, LC, way to go. :clap:

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
almost turned this game on to see the new kids but didn't. Looks like it was a good choice, 4-1 in the 3rd.

3 games left in the season, if the monsters win their game in hand then Laval would drop to league WORST. :baghead::arr:

Just one hell of a job this year by MB, LC, way to go. :clap:

And the Monsters won. So Laval is officially in last place.

DLC reported earlier that they're hearing Larry Carriere will be gone. Hopefully Brian Wilde's comment the other day that he believes the AHL staff will be gone will be true.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
And the Monsters won. So Laval is officially in last place.

DLC reported earlier that they're hearing Larry Carriere will be gone. Hopefully Brian Wilde's comment the other day that he believes the AHL staff will be gone will be true.

well at least we get the 1st overall pick, oh wait. Can't wait to hear from the few posters that always defend Lefebvre every year, spin the wheel of excuses for him. Wins don't matter, he has a crappy roster, Timmins didn't draft well in '08, posters are too mean to Lefebvre.

I really hope he's fired along with the entire staff.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
well at least we get the 1st overall pick, oh wait. Can't wait to hear from the few posters that always defend Lefebvre every year, spin the wheel of excuses for him. Wins don't matter, he has a crappy roster, Timmins didn't draft well in '08, posters are too mean to Lefebvre.

I really hope he's fired along with the entire staff.

They should never have been brought back when the team move to Laval. Start of a new era and all. However, I don't dwell on what's already done too much. Now I'm looking to this summer. Changes need to be made top to bottom. If MB is sticking around, so be it. There are still a lot of people in this organization that should go, regardless. Carriere, Lefebvre, and the entire staff in Laval need to exit stage left.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They should never have been brought back when the team move to Laval. Start of a new era and all. However, I don't dwell on what's already done too much. Now I'm looking to this summer. Changes need to be made top to bottom. If MB is sticking around, so be it. There are still a lot of people in this organization that should go, regardless. Carriere, Lefebvre, and the entire staff in Laval need to exit stage left.

yea changes certainly need to be made that should have been made in the past but you are right it's about the future now so hopefully the make the right choice. With what should hopefully be a strong group of prospects coming in the next few years after this summers draft, possible last summer, and from the way it's looking next year's draft as well, we badly need to improve our development though not just at the AHL level. Lapointe, Ramage, now Bouillon plus management's yo-yoing, all these things need to be improved now before the future Habs get to the AHL.

archie

Apr 5, 2018
See Webster picked up his first pro point in Brampton last night!

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Damn last place in their division for Laval...Didn't management go on about the veteran signings that would surround the young guys and help them win? I'll give them that some of the best young guys are now in the NHL but wow just a terrible season all around. From goaltending to defence to the lack of scoring depth. What would this team be without Terry, Taormina and Cracknell...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Damn last place in their division for Laval...Didn't management go on about the veteran signings that would surround the young guys and help them win? I'll give them that some of the best young guys are now in the NHL but wow just a terrible season all around. From goaltending to defence to the lack of scoring depth. What would this team be without Terry, Taormina and Cracknell...

Try last place overall, not just their division.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With the Habs' season over, I'm expecting Juulsen, McCarron, and Lernout to be sent to Laval for their final two games.

I don't know how it works for players who have to go through waivers. But other options are DLR, Carr, and Rychel, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad