2017-2018 Flyers Season Predictions

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone expected our goalie meltdown.
Didn't expect greatness, but thought regression to the mean would get us close to league average.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone expected our goalie meltdown.
Didn't expect greatness, but thought regression to the mean would get us close to league average.
Not really a goalie meltdown. Elliot did what was expected of him. Maybe even a little more. Hakstol broke him. Nuevy broke himself and stolaraz was out. We are on our 4th and 5th goalie option.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Not really a goalie meltdown. Elliot did what was expected of him. Maybe even a little more. Hakstol broke him. Nuevy broke himself and stolaraz was out. We are on our 4th and 5th goalie option.

Yup. We kept our backup cold - not even playing him in back-to-backs and then we rushed both of them back from recovery three times; two games in which Neuvy came back from injury he got hurt and once for Elliott. We didn't let either fully recover and overplayed our starter when we didn't have to.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yup. We kept our backup cold - not even playing him in back-to-backs and then we rushed both of them back from recovery three times; two games in which Neuvy came back from injury he got hurt and once for Elliott. We didn't let either fully recover and overplayed our starter when we didn't have to.
Another one of hakstols issues. He plays it all like college. You have to change several things based on age and ability as well as length of season.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Another one of hakstols issues. He plays it all like college. You have to change several things based on age and ability as well as length of season.
Why not have the one person in organisation who knows them best and knows if they are feeling it or not, if they are fresh or burning out, healthy or going through something and million other things goalie coach f***ing knows better. There's such a high parity in the league so why not use everything you can to get a marginal gains on other teams.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Why not have the one person in organisation who knows them best and knows if they are feeling it or not, if they are fresh or burning out, healthy or going through something and million other things goalie coach ****ing knows better. There's such a high parity in the league so why not use everything you can to get a marginal gains on other teams.
I would try and make everything as subspecialized as possible. Be the CEO and have others under you making good decisions.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
not so fast Nostradamus:

"Last edited: 5 minutes ago"
I have no clue what that means... must be a weird glitch in the website.

thinking-face_1f914.png

You need to add "edit: i was right" as well so that you can say the rest of it was already there. :thumbu:
Oh? You can edit posts on here? I was unaware...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thanks.

I had an even better prediction over two years ago...
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/111141221/

Yes but to be fair, a page later, in response to me calling him "only" a 50-60 point center:

Hold up, let's not say that just yet. Let's wait for him to break 40, 45, 50 before we say that he's a 50-60 forward.

He's looking great right now and I've always had a high opinion of him, but we can't get ahead of ourselves here.

Reactions: Striiker

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Heres a hypothetical question for you, what would our season look like if we didn't win the lottery?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad