2017-18 World Junior Championships Draft Scoring

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
We are fighting over the same goalie points and are the closest challangers to @Soli. We should join our teams and together we would rule the Draft!

Oettinger not getting much ice time is probably going to be my downfall. Goaltending burns me again. 6 point swing in Woll's favor.

They seem to be on the fence about who to start as well. You guys splitting goaltending points is obviously working in my favor.

Harder to get points in the playoff rounds, but The Czech's beating the Fins tomorrow would go a long way in helping me out probably. The Fins aren't as prolific a squad as I'd thought they'd be.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Man, my draft is decent outside of one choice - I was 50/50 and ended up taking Westerlund over Hajek. Westerlund ended up getting cut so I got stuck with Hogberg - he has 0 points to Hajek's 6. Add in those 6 points and my team is right in this.

The debate is always over a strong team's 4-6 d-man versus a weaker team's (in this case, I definitely underrated the Czechs who are far from weak) 1/2.

Hopefully Finland knocks off the Czechs - that's really my only hope of picking up points.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Man, my draft is decent outside of one choice - I was 50/50 and ended up taking Westerlund over Hajek. Westerlund ended up getting cut so I got stuck with Hogberg - he has 0 points to Hajek's 6. Add in those 6 points and my team is right in this.

The debate is always over a strong team's 4-6 d-man versus a weaker team's (in this case, I definitely underrated the Czechs who are far from weak) 1/2.

Hopefully Finland knocks off the Czechs - that's really my only hope of picking up points.

That is what everyone but Soli wants.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

That is what everyone but Soli wants.

Leave my Czechs alone! Crush Finland tomorrow!

The Hajek pick is spectacular. Getting value that late is potentially a draft winner. Had my eye on him and had fingers crossed we'd get a Czech super line and on the PP, but that never came to fruition. Hajek's been fortunate that his puck advancements get coverted into goals, but he's been a key for their PP unit with Necas.

In hindsight my bad pick was obviously Kuokkanen. 19 yo, played in the NHL & AHL, on paper Finland's best center, should have been a slam dunk. Watching his ineptitude on the ice has been heart breaking, but hopefully not bracket breaking. Funny enough if I didn't pick Kuokkanen, I would have picked Necas (so was super happy to pick him a round later). If Necas wasn't there, would have been Raddysh.

I've aired my grievances about the Bean/Jokiharju pick. At the time it came down to the information I had and the information I didn't (PP units), but I'll be dissecting that one for a while if I fall short.

the poor crowd turnout has made this WJHC one of the worst Tourny's in recent memory

Yeah we don't have as many posts/pages as we usually do at this time, maybe a whole page behind at my count, but it did become a 3-horse race fairly early, although Cerebral and JTS have made up some ground. Feels like the holiday break was shorter this year than last! We're all getting older and the holiday season is pretty busy, but hopefully we'll be able to keep the band together for a long time.

;)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
the poor crowd turnout has made this WJHC one of the worst Tourny's in recent memory

Most had their concerns due to pricing and next year in Vancouver they have more expensive tickets

I am looking at the tickets in Denmark for the world championships and I predict the same thing happening--their prices are a joke

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
In hindsight my bad pick was obviously Kuokkanen. 19 yo, played in the NHL & AHL, on paper Finland's best center, should have been a slam dunk. Watching his ineptitude on the ice has been heart breaking, but hopefully not bracket breaking. Funny enough if I didn't pick Kuokkanen, I would have picked Necas (so was super happy to pick him a round later). If Necas wasn't there, would have been Raddysh.
In fairness, I was very close to taking Kuokkanen over Fox/Liljegren. I really thought Finland would dominate this tournament - their blueline is stacked with offensive talent, and the trio of Heponiemi, Tolvanen, and Vesalainen. Only two points in four games for Heponiemi is as shocking to me as the Czech offensive performance.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I found this year one of the hardest to judge in terms of talent. Normally there is a plethora of good player that produce that are left out, and this year the leftover team isn't really producing. Heck there is normally 1 player that just runs away with teh scoring race, but that is not the case this year.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
AFTER CANADA-SWISS

Soli 46
Cerebral 39
THC 35
Ghostbuster 33
JTS 30
Bobo 26
Paralyzer 24
Lakai 20
Leftovers 16

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I know this is a dumb question but I have me at 27pts--am I looking at the wrong stats?

Lias 6, Zadina 6, Brown 1, Ruzicka 2, Alty 2, Valimaki 4, Liljegren 2, Foote 3, Point 4.

You might have forgotten the Point shutout.

On a side note, people questioned my Hart pick, little did they know it was the rest of my picks that sucked ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The Czech won was the worst thing to happen for the field. Soli is now going to run away with this.

Wooooooo!! Not over till it's over, you're relatively unscathed, but yeah that's a big blow to the field.

On a side note, people questioned my Hart pick, little did they know it was the rest of my picks that sucked ;)

If you didn't pick Hart I probably would have. You taking Hart pretty much sealed that I was taking a goalie though. Once that goalie run starts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad