2018/19 WHL Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Moose Jaw vs Prince Albert - 5 games: PA is coming into the playoffs pretty hot, and MJ is (relatively, still winners in 6 of last 10) slowed down a tad as of late. Playoffs are a different animal though, and the Warriors are at the top of the food chain, should be a pretty easy series for them.

Swift Current vs Regina - 7 games: SC has had a bit of a lull the last little while, meanwhile the Pats look really good as they find their game after a massive trade deadline. This series is one of a few toss-ups in round 1. I'll take Skinner in net over Kubic to win it for SC.

Medicine Hat vs Brandon - 6 games: Brandon is only in the playoffs at this point because they had a great team prior to the trade deadline. Medicine Hat isn't great, but they are better than Brandon. But, if Mason Shaw comes back for the Tigers at any point in the playoffs, look out East!

Lethbridge vs Red Deer - 7 games: Red Deer has been red hot in the 2nd half, showing they are able to compete with the best in the league on any given night. If Lamb/Anders stay strong in net I could see the Rebels taking it quicker than 7.

Kelowna vs Tri City - 7 games: Probably the biggest toss-up of the first round. Both teams are pretty identical: elite talent at the top, a bit of depth, and questionable goaltending. Rockets have been dynamite on home ice this season, so I'll take them with home ice advantage in this series.

Victoria vs Vancouver - 7 games: I think Vancouver is a bit lacking in depth and goaltending. Not sure if Tendeck will be back for playoffs, but even then he's not one to take over a game.

Everett vs Seattle - 5 games: One of the more cut-and-dry series of the first round. Gonna be tough to pick against Carter Hart in the playoffs this year.

Portland vs Spokane - 7 games: Not really sure what to think of Spokane this season. Some great players and a great team effort puts them in every game, but when I look at their roster I'm not sure I see that they have what it takes to make a run.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Moose Jaw vs Prince Albert - Moose Jaw in 4
Swift Current vs Regina - Swift Current in 6
Medicine Hat vs Brandon - Brandon in 4
Lethbridge vs Red Deer - Red Deer in 5

Kelowna vs Tri City - Kelowna in 5
Victoria vs Vancouver - Vancouver in 6
Everett vs Seattle - Everett in 4
Portland vs Spokane - Portland in 4

2nd round

Moose Jaw vs Swift Current - Swift Current in 6
Red Deer vs Brandon - Brandon in 6

Kelowna vs Vancouver - Vancouver in 7
Everett vs Portland - Portland in 6

3rd round

Brandon vs Swift Current - Swift Current in 5

Vancouver vs Portland - Portland in 5

Finals

Portland vs Swift Current - Swift Current in 6

Last edited:

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Todd Harkins is not coming back as PG GM. They’ve also changed their President.

Seems like all the hard work they’ve established is going to go down the drain with more new faces coming in, and now going to take this team a new direction.

Matvichuk better start handing out his resume before next offseason hits because by these moves, the writing is on the wall for him too.

Whatever. Not renewing my season tickets anyways.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Todd Harkins is not coming back as PG GM. They’ve also changed their President.

Seems like all the hard work they’ve established is going to go down the drain with more new faces coming in, and now going to take this team a new direction.

Matvichuk better start handing out his resume before next offseason hits because by these moves, the writing is on the wall for him too.

Whatever. Not renewing my season tickets anyways.

I was SHOCKED by this when I first saw it.... I thought he was building something pretty good up in PG but obviously I was wrong?... I don't like that decision

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I was SHOCKED by this when I first saw it.... I thought he was building something pretty good up in PG but obviously I was wrong?... I don't like that decision

No idea what is going on and why they decided this was right. As I said, they changed the President too.

Seriously confused.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Moose Jaw 4 Prince Albert 2
Swift Current 4 Regina 3
Medicine Hat 2 Brandon 4
Lethbridge 4 Red Deer 2

Everett 4 Seattle 0
Portland 3 Spokane 4
Kelowna 2 Tri City 4
Victoria 4 Vancouver 3

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Alot of people are predicting a sweep for Everett... IMO its going to be a very close series. These 2 teams play a very close game and if i were Everett, id be a little nervous.

Out of the 10 times they met this season Everett won 6 games and Seattle won 4. Also 8 of the 10 games were one goal difference victories and the other two games were 2 goal difference.

Obviously Seattle is a different team this year but past 3 times these teams have met in playoffs, Seattle won 4 games to 1 in two of the years and also swept Everett the other year... I honestly think this series will go 6 or 7 games and i really dont know who will win

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I predicted a Regina win over SC but that was under the assumption Steenbergen and others were out. Definitely think SC takes it otherwise.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Did not see this series being so lopsided.

Canes absolutely crush Red Deer at home. Lead 2-0, combined score of 14-3.

dmortens

Jan 5, 2014
Kelowna
Tri-City completes the sweep of Kelowna. They've got a scary team, that powerplay with Rasmussen, Valimaki, Bean, Geekie and the list goes on is lethal. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see them in the Western Conference final after 4 or 5 games vs. Victoria or Vancouver. Only thing that might stop them is a good, hot goaltender (ie. Carter Hart). Not sure what to do with my April with all the recent playoff success Kelowna has had :laugh:.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Victoria isn't going to win this series if they only have 1 line going. Not looking good for them.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thinking Tri-City beats Victoria.
Swift Current beats Moose Jaw in a tough battle.
Brandon beats Lethbridge in six.
Portland upsets Everett in six.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Blazers naming a GM tmrw... I was told the other day it could possibly be Dennis Holland(Dallas Stars scout and Ken Holland's brother)

Gaglardi owns Stars, MacGregor was let go by Blazers as GM and is now a scout with Stars and now Holland will be new GM in Kamloops maybe... Blazers and Stars tend to do things like this

*New rumor now is it will be Portland Asst GM Matt Bardsley taking over as Blazers GM

Last edited:

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Didn’t know where else to post this question, but what kind of a season are the Broncos expected to have next year? A lot of their players will be graduating and the Cougars have their 1st round pick for 2019 so I’m curious as to what to expect.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Didn’t know where else to post this question, but what kind of a season are the Broncos expected to have next year? A lot of their players will be graduating and the Cougars have their 1st round pick for 2019 so I’m curious as to what to expect.

Definitely not as good as last season. Still have some good pieces but they will lose all of their top guys and traded away a lot of their future. Bubble team.

Reactions: Hockey Fan in PG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad