Line Combos: 2017-18 Roster Thread II - Massive changes not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Interesting. I have a generally positive impression of him.
Ill be honest I don't know much about him other than he is a high energy player. Which is kinda what our 4th line is missing and if this means Boll/shaw are out of the line up then I'm perfectly okay with it.... at the same time don't we already have blandisi who is supposed to be a high energy player.

Wagner Vermette Brown could be a solid 4th line....

If so kinda crapy for a guy like grant... whos had a good year and now that the team is healthy is kinda unneeded

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
From what I've heard, he Twitch streams occasionally.

Already better than Boll.

Just seems like an odd move, seeing as we have about 15 forwards that we could use(I'm including shaw/boll even tho I don't consider them NHL players, and eaves isn't included on that list)... brown does kinda seem like a player the team would likes a lot.

He looks pretty small tbh.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just seems like an odd move, seeing as we have about 15 forwards that we could use(I'm including shaw/boll even tho I don't consider them NHL players, and eaves isn't included on that list)... brown does kinda seem like a player the team would likes a lot.

He looks pretty small tbh.
It's probably for the best to forget about Eaves coming back, for at least this season. There's been no word on his return, no word of him skating (not that I've seen at least).

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fast, tough, responsible, great fighter, great teammate, can't score, avid video gamer, stands up against oppression. An easy guy to like. Best of luck to him.
Good to hear, seems like a very "ducks" type of player... and if it means Shaw/Boll wont be in the line up I'm all for it.

but what game does he play on twitch?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's probably for the best to forget about Eaves coming back, for at least this season. There's been no word on his return, no word of him skating (not that I've seen at least).

Yeah, this. Look how big a deal everybody made out of Eaves just showing up to watch a game recently. He's absolutely done for this year if not his career as well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ayyyy whassup Fightin' Dux?

So a little bit about Brown. First off let me say "Holy shit" about his skating. He doesn't hit top end too often but when he does it's like when you see McDavid getting shot out of a cannon. No I'm not saying that Brown's skating is comparable, I'm just saying if Brown has a little wiggle room and the puck on his stick he's gone. You're not catching him like at all no different than McDavid hitting top end. I swear on my family Brown gets more breakaways than Nikita Kucherov.

But then here's the other part about Brown. World renowned scientists and all experts of game theory cannot determine which of the following it the most correct answer for the following statement

"Here's Brown coming in alooonnneeee"

A. "He hit the post!!!"
B. "Shoots off the crossbar!!!"
C. "Shoots just wide!!!"
D. "OH WHAT A SAVE!!!!"

We were gonna try to figure it out by cloning the likes of Einstein, Newton and DaVinci but none of our cloning machines worked. So instead we asked a Magic 8 ball and it said "Ask again later"

Jokes aside this is what it is with him. When it happens don't be shocked.

He's otherwise tenacious like a dog, doesn't fight much but will go with anyone, decent penalty killer, sound defensively at even strength and a great high energy player. If he has a good shift it electrifies the entire bench. But otherwise his offensive instincts are limited and in the event he does score you find yourself completely unable to believe that he finally did it.

If you don't expect offense you're gonna love this guy. None of us on HF Lightning are happy to see him go but most of us are saying "It's about time" and a couple "Thank God's" because the problem is that we have grinders for days and days with the likes of Killorn, Callahan, Kunitz and Paquette and Brown being on the team is simply redundant. We've got a guy named Matthew Peca who has no business being in the AHL for another year and I have a strong feeling he's gonna get his shot at 4C with us.

For what it's worth Brown is a great community guy as well. If I remember correctly was particularly close with the Tampa police department.

I wish you guys all the best and hope you make the playoffs.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Sounds like a really good fit on our 4th line, and a much better alternative to both Shaw and Boll.

Also really like hearing about his involvement with the community. The organization is really big on that. Thanks for the 411.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Sounds like a really good fit on our 4th line, and a much better alternative to both Shaw and Boll.

Also really like hearing about his involvement with the community. The organization is really big on that. Thanks for the 411.
He also streams on twitch which I find cool. Wish more players were willing to put their personalities out there like that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He also streams on twitch which I find cool. Wish more players were willing to put their personalities out there like that.
I tossed him a follow... Demetrious Johnson(mighty mouse) from UFC streams on twitch a lot too

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Oh yeah you guys are gonna love him. He's frustrating as hell to watch but really that's a consequence of being on the LIGHTNING and we have guys like Killorn and Palat who play the same game Brown does but score 20 goals a year doing it. On any other NHL team Brown is an ideal 4th line energy player whose gonna log you 8 to 12 solid minutes a night busting his hump blocking shots, throwing hits and standing up for teammates. Brown might get nothing done out there but it's a neutral effect. We all know if nothing happens then the game is in hand and Brown did his job no differently than a D having a +/- of 0.

J.T is just a blue collar, hard nosed player. Like I said you guys are gonna love him. Just don't get frustrated when he doesn't finish his scoring chances.

If he re-signs expect to find him at something like a fundraiser at a children's hospital in the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad