Line Combos: 2017-18 Line Combos

Wabit

May 23, 2016

So...

Nino - Staal - Ennis
Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Parise - Eriksson-Ek - Coyle
Foligno - Cullen - Stewart/Winnik

Apparently? I did think Ennis did well early in the CBJ game, though I didn't notice him much after that. I don't love him in the top-6, but I guess he has to play somewhere.

Well it'll last a period. :sarcasm:

I don't mind it. Staal/Nino can carry Ennis. Granny/Zucker can carry Koivu (offensively). Parise gives the 3rd line a scoring threat against lesser competition. I've liked the Foligno/Cullen/Winnik line.

Heck just getting Nino in place of Winnik/Parise on Staal's line is a win.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Coyle continues to get nothing but boat anchors to play with.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Swap Ennis and Coyle and we're down to 2 relevant offensive lines. At least this way there's somewhat of an offensive threat on the 3rd line.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Swap Ennis and Coyle and we're down to 2 relevant offensive lines. At least this way there's somewhat of an offensive threat on the 3rd line.
No, I get it, and I don't have a problem with what BB is trying to do. Just always seems to be Coyle that gets stuck with "whats left". Has to get aggravating at some point?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No, I get it, and I don't have a problem with what BB is trying to do. Just always seems to be Coyle that gets stuck with "whats left". Has to get aggravating at some point?

JEE can't buy a point for sure, but Coyle hasn't been finishing the chances he does get this year either. It's not like he's been doing much of anything on the PP when he does get to play with the better players.

Coyle has the skillset to carry a 3rd line and make it a scoring threat on his own. He really does need to shoot more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad