2017-18 Flyers roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just thought we had recently been talking about next year in a lot of different threads.

We have been talking a lot about UFA's that can improve the roster for next year recently. Berglund, Bonino, Fisher etc have been thrown around. Also some goalies if Mason decides to test UFA/we don't re-sign him. There are also guys out of Europe, where the Flyers have gone a lot over the last few years.

Discussion on re-signing guys etc has also been brought up.

As well as that we have all been pencilling in youngsters etc, putting together line-ups.

Figured that could all be brought to one place! What does everyone think it will look like? Who will they sign, trade for etc.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A lot could change but I'll take a guess...

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Couturier-Simmonds
Lindblom-Schenn-Weise
Leier-Bellemare-Lyubimov

Provorov-Gudas
Morin-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-MacDonald

Mason
Stolarz

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
There is a Euro UFA I hope that they and other NHL teams have at least looked at.

Victor Ejdsell. Plays both wings. He is pretty awesome. Been watching him a few months (well, like 4-5 games in that time!) and he is pretty rare mix of talent. He is a biiiig kid, ~6'6 now and ~220lbs. Only 21, June 95 born. Leading Allsvenskan in scoring.

Just watch this. He is #9.

https://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play#video=qjkz7

His skating is clunky at times but he is not slow at all and has solid edge-work. Works hard, has a good stick defensively, is physical and can dish the puck, very nice hands and a solid wrister too.

Has always had talent, played for Sweden u19's, made SHL debut ~2 years ago.

Took a weird path... may have had a shot at being drafted late if he had been in a 'normal' progression route... but instead was playing 4th and 5th tier mens hockey at ages 15-17! Like, no actual decent prospects do that! Not since the 80's anyway! :laugh:

I mean, I imagine most likely he gets signed to SHL next year... and then if he puts up ~30pts+ NHL teams start really looking... but we signed Raffl from the Allsvenskan, and the Rags signed Malte Strömwall last summer.

Someone might see if he wants to play AHL next year and from that evaluate if he could play NHL down line.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Trade for Vladimir Namestnikov
Trade for a defensemen to use the protection slot (I'm drawing blanks here)

Raffl - Giroux - Simmonds
Konecny - Couturier - Voracek
Lindblom - Namestnikov - Schenn
Leier - Lyubimov - Weise
Cousins

Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - XXX
Manning
MacDonald

Mason
Stolarz

I don't know if it's cap compliant but it's not going to happen anyway so who cares.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Lindblom-Schenn-Weise
Leier-Bellemare-Lyubimov

Provorov-Gudas
Morin-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-MacDonald

Mason
Stolarz

I agree....But I could easily see VV back. Now if this is the roster....Projecting Mason's contract at a number will their be cap space and how much?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
UFA's
Boyd Gordon $950,000
Pierre Edourd Bellemare $712,500
Chris Vandevelde $712,500
Michael Del Zotto $3,875,000
Nick Schultz $2,250,000
Mark Streit $5,250,000
Steve Mason $4,100,000
Michal Neuvirth $1,625,000

RFA's
Roman Lyubimov $925,000
Nick Cousins $840,000
Shayne Gostisbehere $925,000

Buyout Caphits
RJ Umberger $1,500,000

Projected Cap Spent $50,896,667

Possible Expansion Draft Casualties
Andy MacDonald
Matt Read
Brandon Manning
Scott Laughton

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The hazing ritual that keeps on giving

Exactly. Every offensive or two-way defensemen must spend time with MacDonald to force them into a role where they need to be the safe one so they know what it's like to be left out to dry. That way in the future, when they're with a safer partner, they'll know what it's like to be on the other side.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hope we sign him if Appleyard wants him

I would want to watch him in person and be able to key in on him all game long.

I have only seen ~5 full games and ofc they only focus on the 'play' and at times Allsvenskan TV coverage is crappy!

I'd also want a stopwatch and ask him to skate round the rink once!:laugh: His speed looks fine, but his skating is clunky, and maybe his long strides are deceptive vs lesser talent.

But it is easy to see how much there "is" there with him. There are not many guys that big with his hands.

I have actually gone out of my way to watch him twice now... just so much fun to watch in that league. Would it translate? I am sure it will to SHL at least, but North America? Who knows. But an intriguing player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Lindblom-Schenn-Weise
Leier-Bellemare-Lyubimov

Provorov-Gudas
Morin-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-MacDonald

Mason
Stolarz

Read/Laughton/Cousins to Vegas, Manning as 7D?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Victor Ejdsell. Plays both wings. He is pretty awesome. Been watching him a few months (well, like 4-5 games in that time!) and he is pretty rare mix of talent. He is a biiiig kid, ~6'6 now and ~220lbs. Only 21, June 95 born. Leading Allsvenskan in scoring.

Just watch this. He is #9.

https://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play#video=qjkz7

As much as you can gather from a couple minutes of game footage, he's got some tools. Someone needs to slip the name under Hextall's door.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I agree....But I could easily see VV back. Now if this is the roster....Projecting Mason's contract at a number will their be cap space and how much?

I have faith that Hextall won't do that to us...

And I have no clue what Mason's getting if he's re-signed... but hopefully it's a short contract.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
As much as you can gather from a couple minutes of game footage, he's got some tools. Someone needs to slip the name under Hextall's door.

Yeh. I watched him when they demolished Modo 5-1 the other month and kept an eye on him because of his numbers. He was insane... but I just figured it was like a really big game for him, but promised to myself to keep an eye out for him for rest of year when I could.

Then I caught another Allsvenkan game in ~early December a few weeks later. Once again he looked amazing. And I started thinking it might not just be a one game fluke. Sure enough, three more games of watching and he just looks a guy with a bundle of tools that he can really use! Do they have a box? Not sure you can know until he plays SHL or really scouted him heavily, but there are very few players that even have that size and skill to begin.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I have faith that Hextall won't do that to us...

And I have no clue what Mason's getting if he's re-signed... but hopefully it's a short contract.

VV was Hextalls sons roommate in college. But he has done enough for him.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Schenn-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Couturier-Voracek
Raffl-XXX-Lindbolm
Leier-Laughton-Luybimov
Read/Cousins

Provorov-Gudas
Sanhiem-McDonald
Ghost-Morin
Manning

Mason
Stolarz

I think:
Dale gets taken in the Expansion Draft
MDZ is moved at deadline along with Streit and Nuevy
PEB, VDV and Schult are let walk
AMAC and Manning split time.

I'm only torn on 3c. Do they give cousins another shot or move him and sign a UFA
Read will be phased out and rotated in for injury

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think the only way the Flyers trade anyone away at the deadline is if they keep this slide up until then. No way Hextall does it if we're in the playoff hunt.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Del Zotto, Schultz, Streit, VandeVelde, Bellemare, Gordon, Neuvirth all gone.

Sanheim, Morin, Lindblom, Leier, Stolarz all promoted.

3C signed in free agency

Read claimed by Vegas

Mason re-signed 2 × $4.4

Laperriere moved into a different role.

Pick or B prospect to Dallas for RHD Stephen Johns.

MacDonald @ 50% retained and 3rd round pick in 2018 to Buffalo for a 4th round pick in 2017 or 2018.

Konecny/Schenn - Giroux - Simmonds/Voracek
Schenn/Konecny - Couturier - Voracek/Simmonds
Raffl - Free Agent - Lindblom
Lyubimov - Cousins/Laughton - Weise

Leier and Cousins/Laughton scratched

Provorov - Gudas
Morin - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Johns

Manning 7th D

Mason
Stolarz

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I think the only way the Flyers trade anyone away at the deadline is if they keep this slide up until then. No way Hextall does it if we're in the playoff hunt.

Not even D? Schultz, Streit, Del Zotto? Guys that arent going to be here next year. I think regardless of us being in a playoff hunt Hexy still has a long term vision for the team. And it's not like we don't have guys ready to step in and replace them.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
I wouldn't mind seeing something like this:

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
Konecny-Couturier- Schenn
Weise-Raffl-Simmonds
Leier-4C-Lyubimov

Provorov-Gudas
Morin-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-MacDonald (Myers? pipe dream)

Mason
Stolarz/ UFA back up

I believe the Couturier-Schenn bit can work and I don't agree with Schenn at C. I worry about centre depth obviously. Raffl ideally belongs on the wing. I think Hexy will try and trade for a legit 3C, and ufa's a short term plug for a 4C.

I'm also curious at the possibility of packaging for Amac w/Schenn +, considering what return Hexy could get for MDZ, Streit, Shultz, Neuvy, and maybe Read if he isn't claimed. But that would certainly require holding salary and i'm not sure he would want to do that. Thoughts?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He would move Schultz at the least I would imagine. Wont be many suitors for him though.

Would probably move Streit if he could get a Timonen type return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad