Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 7 GOALIES, #3

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I have a really good feeling about Ustimenko. He gets my vote here.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
After 2 upside picks, I can't justify passing on Stolarz; who's got his own considerable upside and a couple years pro experience including an NHL shutout to his name.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After 2 upside picks, I can't justify passing on Stolarz; who's got his own considerable upside and a couple years pro experience including an NHL shutout to his name.

And an AHL All-Star nod :handclap:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The first four are pretty obvious.

I have no clue how you choose between Tomek (who has barely played) and Ustimenko or Fedotov, who no one has ever seen. All three are long shots right now, and it just comes down to whether the Flyers have a clue or just drew their names out of a hat (except Tomek, who seems to be the victim of a series of unfortunate events).

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Have you ever seen him play at all..even once? :laugh:

Not at all. Fully admit it's just a hunch on my part based on Ustimenko's stats, size, and what I've read about him. And I've also seen Stolarz and Lyon play and think they're mediocre prospects.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Not at all. Fully admit it's just a hunch on my part based on Ustimenko's stats, size, and what I've read about him. And I've also seen Stolarz and Lyon play and think they're mediocre prospects.

I feel the same way about Ustimenko. Let's be real here too, the vast majority of us (fans) do not watch any minor or international developmental league. Most people don't even watch the AHL. Not on any basis regular enough to form personal judgments about prospects. The majority of people are just going off of raw stats and what they have heard about these players. Before some know-it-all comes in to say otherwise, please note that I said "majority" and that hardcore fans aren't very representative of a fanbase.

I definitely wouldn't put him ahead of Stolarz though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Until draft day, I had never heard of Usti. He has good stats, but so did Stolarz when drafted and improved along the way.

Stolarz seems like an easy pick.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If anyone actually wanted to see Ustimenko play...

[Yt]uRyfUQmpJRI[/MEDIA]

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
If anyone actually wanted to see Ustimenko play...

[Yt]uRyfUQmpJRI[/MEDIA]

Thanks, man.

For what it's worth, I thought he looked even better than I imagined. Huge, fast, and active.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad