Salinitri, Anthony ~ C
Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Voted Martel. I'm questioning my life decisions that I've reached the point of analyzing who among the likes of Danick Martel, Olle Lycksel, and Terrence Amorosa should be ranked the Flyers' 25th-best non-goaltender prospect.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I said Fazleev. What happened to people liking this guy? I remember after he had a good draft +1 year people were excited about him and I was just being an uninformed contrarian because I said not to make too much of his point totals.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I said Fazleev. What happened to people liking this guy? I remember after he had a good draft +1 year people were excited about him and I was just being an uninformed contrarian because I said not to make too much of his point totals.

We have a lot of good prospects.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

I thought he looked really good his 1st month or so in Lehigh Valley. Then he got Gordonitis. Even with his rough season, I have him ranked over a bunch of players who have already been voted. If he improves his skating and plays like he did for Bragin, I see no reason why he isn't a 4th line center in the NHL. This is a big year for him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the usage of the 2nd year prospects in LHV doesnt this season and Hextall stands pat, im going to be very concerned.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
People got excited about Myers point totals, not Fazleev's. With Fazleev it was just nice that a 6th round pick played well enough to earn an ELC, but you must have been on the rag that day and decided to unload all the straw man nonsense you could, as well as going back to the Gudas well just to complete your own humiliation. :laugh:

Radko Gudas is a bottom pair, dime a dozen player. The guy was a healthy scratch earlier this year on a team with a rag-tag group of defenders. He's playing pretty well now, but there is a list as long as long as my arm of players that have had good stints here or there but at are still bottom pair defenders. He's not the worst player in the league. I'm not saying I hate him or he should be cut (or even a healthy scratch). But he is what he is. On this team he may be playing top 4 minutes, but that doesn't mean he is a top four defender.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

So when did you change your mind on him? You had him in your 1/16 top 10 ahead of Myers, Friedman, Sandstrom, Vorobyov, etc. Vorobyov didn't take off yet, so that's tough to blame you for at least.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
People got excited about Myers point totals, not Fazleev's. With Fazleev it was just nice that a 6th round pick played well enough to earn an ELC, but you must have been on the rag that day and decided to unload all the straw man nonsense you could, as well as going back to the Gudas well just to complete your own humiliation. :laugh:

I'm not sure what is humiliating about that or what that has to do with Fazleev but ok. I was far from the only person that said this and I have stated countless times that I was wrong. Unlike most posters on here, I don't cry and hide when I make mistake and I will make actual statements about players instead of vague half-predictions so that if I'm wrong I can still pretend I was right (I said he PLAYS like a dime a dozen player, I didn't say he WAS a dime a dozen player!) which is what you get most of the time on here. I love that you always bring that up though. Really humiliates me in front of all the experts on HF. I'll never live my dream of being coolest guy on the message boards now!

As for Fazleev, this was the quote that I was responding to that started the whole ordeal:

I was looking around at some of our guy's stats and these stood out to me for a sixth round pick.

GP G A Pts
33 14 28 42

He's going to make the Russian WJC team and since being drafted has taken his game up a few notches.
This guy is a steal of a sixth round pick. He has size and skill and in a redraft probably wouldn't make it out of the 3rd.
WJC's are going to be a lot of fun for us this year!

And this was my response:

I like the pick and the signing, but the point totals are what you would expect from a 19 year old two years after his draft year. There are plenty of guys that put up prolific numbers that don't even get drafted, let alone make the NHL. Not saying he won't make it or anything like that, but look at the WHL leaders from last year. Numbers 2-5 are all guys that were either undrafted or drafted 5th or later, but were the same age as Fazleev. Even this year the leading scorer is Tyson Baillie, the same age as Fazleev but undrafted or Dryden Hunt in 3rd is undrafted and the same age as Fazleev. I don't have time to go through all of it, but it appears that most of the higher scoring players in juniors are either studs about to be drafted, or guys in their second year after being drafted.

Yikes, what a fool I was! I should have just shut up!

So when did you change your mind on him? You had him in your midseason top 10 last year ahead of Myers, Friedman, Sandstrom, Vorobyov, etc. Vorobyov didn't take off yet, so that's tough to blame you for at least.

Well, that was two years ago and I didn't really change my mind on him. I was never against him, I just remember people being really in to this guy at one point and I was wondering what changed. Looks like I had him at #10 in the post you are referring to. At that time Vorobyov like you said hadn't had the success he's had, Friedman really hadn't either. Sandstrom was just a third round pick playing in Sweden, and Myers was about halfway through his first season after getting signed. I don't remember who else was available at that time. Also kind of weird because of the resistance I got when I dared said something about tempering expectations but then people were ranking him right around where I was (or later) in the same kind of timeframe.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
how the heck did Taylor Leier's stock fall so low ? yes, he is undersized, but he is a solid 2-way player
and I suspect he will get a good look for bottom 6 role. he is capable of playing up and down the lineup, good hands and good playmaker and has been steadily improving.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
how the heck did Taylor Leier's stock fall so low ? yes, he is undersized, but he is a solid 2-way player
and I suspect he will get a good look for bottom 6 role. he is capable of playing up and down the lineup, good hands and good playmaker and has been steadily improving.

Pretty simple. He has no upside and we've had a million picks over the last 3 drafts. Resulting in the best prospect pool in hockey.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Missing 6 weeks with a concussion didn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad