Martel, Danick ~ LW/RW
Salinitri, Anthony ~ C
Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Really don't get the Cates love, it's like Kase, we'll know if Kase is for real after this season, we'll have a good idea about Marody, we may not have a clue about Cates for two or three more years (after he's a sophomore in college). Heck, Lycksell might be as good as Cates, we have about the same information on both of them - and Sushko might be the dark horse everyone is overlooking because there's little to look at right now.

I think Leier deserves consideration (with Martel and Fazleev after him), but I'll go Bernhardt right now. It won't surprise me if Leier is called up before MV this season. But Bernhardt was a productive player in the SHL at 19, and dominated Swedish junior play. The problem of course, how do you project his skating, is it talent, or like Lindblom, something that will correct itself with strength and coaching.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Low probability of higher value player (e.g., top 4/6) beats mid-low probability of meh NHLer (e.g., 4th line, 6th dman): Bernhardt.

Same principal applies for Olle (next).

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Really don't get the Cates love, it's like Kase, we'll know if Kase is for real after this season, we'll have a good idea about Marody, we may not have a clue about Cates for two or three more years (after he's a sophomore in college). Heck, Lycksell might be as good as Cates, we have about the same information on both of them - and Sushko might be the dark horse everyone is overlooking because there's little to look at right now.

I think Leier deserves consideration (with Martel and Fazleev after him), but I'll go Bernhardt right now. It won't surprise me if Leier is called up before MV this season. But Bernhardt was a productive player in the SHL at 19, and dominated Swedish junior play. The problem of course, how do you project his skating, is it talent, or like Lindblom, something that will correct itself with strength and coaching.

surprised you arent pushing for Goulbourne. He seems to be your type of player.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted for Martel hoping he gets a top 6 role on the phantoms along with nak to show what they can do if given more minutes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
surprised you arent pushing for Goulbourne. He seems to be your type of player.

Why? Does he have a two way game?

I just don't take undersized forwards who haven't shown they can play the pro game seriously, it's one thing to outskate people in the USHL, juniors or Euro juniors, quite another when you have to make plays with smaller windows and bigger, older players who know lots of nasty tricks to throw you off your game.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Goulbourne is a lot of things but he is not undersized. For a guy that talks about bodies a lot, you sure don't do your homework.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And you can't read.
Obviously I wasn't talking about Goulbourne, "is he a two way player?"
Duh!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And you can't read.
Obviously I wasn't talking about Goulbourne, "is he a two way player?"
Duh!

Well Goulbourne was the only name in the post you replied to and I am not going to try and decipher who you think is a "two way player". Duh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad