Strome, Matthew ~ LW
Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think, once the poll opens, I'm going with Friedman here.
Aube-Kubel, Laberge, Laczynski would also be solid choices.

However, after a review of Friedman, and Hextall's glowing remarks, I think he's the value here - 5'11 196, probably fill out to 200-205, above average speed and offensive skills, high hockey IQ and compete level, physical defenseman who plays a two way game. What's not to like?

He had 68 points to Ghost's 82 points in the same amount of college games, so he's no slacker when it comes to offense, and played both the PP and PK in college. To me he's got the potential to be a Kimmo like two way mobile defenseman who plays a smart, controlled game.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pretty crazy that we are on skater 12, and still have 6 guys who went to the WJC not voted yet.

Depth.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm going Laczynski, then Friedman, then LaBerge. I had LaBerge in my top 10 last year but the concussions worry me. If he can re-gain his form, I'd arguably have him above Frost. I thought he was a huge steal when he was taken last year.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Voted Laczynski last time round, disappointed that Ratcliffe got the spot. Voted Friedman this time round, as intended to. Spots 12 & 13 should go in some fashion, Laczynski/Friedman.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Seems Laczynski, then Friedman. I have them back to back but at 9/10.

I imagine NAK/Laberge are the next two, but I'm not sure I have a real preference. Both had tough years, for different reasons. Laberge has the higher ceiling, but his issues concern me more, and playing on a 4th line doesn't void NAK's talent and junior career. I think Bunnaman and Hogberg perhaps deserve some mention with them too. Then I think Cates and Strome are the next twosome for me. Then it gets wide open with some sleepers (where oh where do Sushko and, more interestingly, Lycksell go?); older AHL guys; overseas players; and so on.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted laczynski but have him at 11 Friedman 12 ratcliffe 13 it will be interesting to compare this poll to next years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It will be interesting to see how many we get in there this year for the tournament.

Not as many in years past. Last year with 9 was just a crazy number...the next highest had 5 I believe.

Hart
Rubstov
Hogberg

They should almost be locks unless they have awful years or get hurt.

The 2016 draft had some older guys drafted who missed the cutoff so that hurts us. But it will be interesting to see what others might make it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I went Laczynski but could have just as easily gone Laberge, Friedman, Leier, or NAK. I also like Marody a lot and he's supposed to be lightning fast.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not as many in years past. Last year with 9 was just a crazy number...the next highest had 5 I believe.

Hart
Rubstov
Hogberg

They should almost be locks unless they have awful years or get hurt.

The 2016 draft had some older guys drafted who missed the cutoff so that hurts us. But it will be interesting to see what others might make it.

Sushko is a lock as well for Belarus. So that will be 4.

If they sign Kosorenkov he should be on Russia.

Then I imagine there might be a spot for one of the Canadian forwards, as all play roles that could fit in bottom six, (Laberge, Bunnaman, Frost & Ratcliffe) but doubtful more than one.

So the likely maximum they have is six players I reckon. Unless Lycksell has a great start to the year and forces way into SHL - which I doubt.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Voted Laczynski last time round, disappointed that Ratcliffe got the spot. Voted Friedman this time round, as intended to. Spots 12 & 13 should go in some fashion, Laczynski/Friedman.

If you thought Laczynski was good enough to be #11 then why didn't you vote him for #12?

Same can be said if you think Friedman is better then Lacz this round why didn't you vote for him last poll?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Went with Laberge. Haven't soured on him yet. Feel like he has a higher ceiling than Tanner, even if he is less likely to reach it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall ...

giphy.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mirror, mirror, on the wall ...

giphy.gif

Fun fact. That line never happened in the movie. Apparently it's always been "Magic mirror on the wall." Everyone I have ever meant remembers it is as "Mirror, mirror" though.

There is actually a conspiracy theory about this phenomenon called The Mandela Effect. It speculates that there are multiple universes interacting with each other and changing history.

I warn you, don't go too far down the rabbit hole :laugh:

http://mandelaeffect.com/mirror-mirror-research/

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Fun fact. That line never happened in the movie. Apparently it's always been "Magic mirror on the wall." Everyone I have ever meant remembers it is as "Mirror, mirror" though.

There is actually a conspiracy theory about this phenomenon called The Mandela Effect. It speculates that there are multiple universes interacting with each other and changing history.

I warn you, don't go too far down the rabbit hole :laugh:

http://mandelaeffect.com/mirror-mirror-research/

I love reading about that. So much of it is so dumb, but funny. What really gets me is the Berenstein/Berenstain bears. I remember it as Berenstein.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad