Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Vorobyev, Mikhail ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I can't believe the Flyers still have good prospects this far down. In the last, i stopped paying attention the these votes after 5 or 6.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Once again advocating for Ratcliffe. Big body that can skate, see the game, and has good hands.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
i don't see voro being anyhting more than 3C. Laberge and ratcliffe, I believe have more upside, so I went with that. Voro might be more ready though.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Pimp Daddy Vorobyev...

631063006.jpg

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I voted Ratcliffe, but I was tempted to go Laberge. He's probably my next pick, I just have a good gut feeling about him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I not sure why Ratcliffe has a higher ceiling than Vorobyev, to say nothing of some other advantages I have in Voro's favor :dunno:

If it's a size=potential thing, Voro is 6'3 and uses his frame a whole lot better to win battles. Ratcliffe is a project in using his body......he gets knocked off a ton of pucks and loses far too many puck battles to players a lot smaller. Not necessarily a big deal long-term, but it's something that needs projection, and it's not like he'd be any better at using his size than Voro. Vorobyev is a strong 2-way center, a more important position, with what I'd say is a middle 6 ceiling, 40-45 points with PP2 time. That's what I imagine Ratcliffe's ceiling is too, but Vorobyev is a lot closer and easier to project. I think he's more skilled than Ratcliffe too. I think Vorobyev's ceiling is a Couturier-like player. He can be a line driver who makes his teammates better; whereas Ratcliffe is probably a support guy who uses said line driver.

If someone like Laberge was voted for based on ceiling, who probably has the most pure skill of any prospect (despite a lot of other issues which hurt his ranking for me), I could buy that easier than Ratcliffe. Other than Laberge, I think we're looking at guys with mostly similar ceilings, maybe some wiggle room. But we did just vote in Hagg, who most people think is a 4-6 guy, but a projectable and close one. And I think Voro is a better center prospect than Hagg is a defensive one.

Last edited:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Vorobyev fits more of a organizational need and is closer, but Ratcliffe has a higher ceiling as of today. Went Ratcliffe but it was close

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I am just going with my gut on some of these guys now. I havent seen one second of these guys live. So I am just going by from what I have read here with many of these players now.
It isnt like the flaws these kids have now are not correctable.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I not sure why Ratcliffe has a higher ceiling than Vorobyev, to say nothing of some other advantages I have in Voro's favor :dunno:

If it's a size=potential thing, Voro is 6'3 and uses his frame a whole lot better to win battles. Ratcliffe is a project in using his body......he gets knocked off a ton of pucks and loses far too many puck battles to players a lot smaller. Not necessarily a big deal long-term, but it's something that needs projection, and it's not like he'd be any better at using his size than Voro. Vorobyev is a strong 2-way center, a more important position, with what I'd say is a middle 6 ceiling, 40-45 points with PP2 time. That's what I imagine Ratcliffe's ceiling is too, but Vorobyev is a lot closer and easier to project. I think he's more skilled than Ratcliffe too. I think Vorobyev's ceiling is a Couturier-like player. He can be a line driver who makes his teammates better; whereas Ratcliffe is probably a support guy who uses said line driver.

If someone like Laberge was voted for based on ceiling, who probably has the most pure skill of any prospect (despite a lot of other issues which hurt his ranking for me), I could buy that easier than Ratcliffe. Other than Laberge, I think we're looking at guys with mostly similar ceilings, maybe some wiggle room. But we did just vote in Hagg, who most people think is a 4-6 guy, but a projectable and close one. And I think Voro is a better center prospect than Hagg is a defensive one.

Problem with Vorobyov is that his KHL scoring doesn't suggest a phenom who's going to put up 40-45 points in the NHL. 11 points in 44 games isn't quite the same as Lindblom, and while his WJC performance opened eyes, how much was his play and how much due to his linemates? If he's a 25 point ES 3rd line center who's a two way player, how much better is he than Weise and Raffl?

Ratcliffe, like Laberge, is a hight potential, high risk player, the one thing he has is it's rare to find PFs who can skate and have offensive skills - will Ratcliffe become one? Vorobyov has the highest floor but the lowest ceiling of the three.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Same as I said in the #9 poll, I just want to see how Ratcliffe does this season before I rank him ahead of Vorobyov and Hagg. It's a lot of pure speculation with Ratcliffe at this point -- look at what has happened to Laberge and Aube-Kubel.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's a lot harder to get ice time as a junior age player in the KHL compared to the SHL.

Vorobyov still was third in U20 scoring this year in the KHL despite not putting up a lot of points. Which goes to show you how tough it is.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...mname=&nation=&nationname=&age=u20&prospects=

The pimp formally know as Vorobyov was REALLY impressive in the WJC. Led the tournament in Assists and displayed impressive hockey sense in all zones.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Problem with Vorobyov is that his KHL scoring doesn't suggest a phenom who's going to put up 40-45 points in the NHL. 11 points in 44 games isn't quite the same as Lindblom, and while his WJC performance opened eyes, how much was his play and how much due to his linemates? If he's a 25 point ES 3rd line center who's a two way player, how much better is he than Weise and Raffl?

Ratcliffe, like Laberge, is a hight potential, high risk player, the one thing he has is it's rare to find PFs who can skate and have offensive skills - will Ratcliffe become one? Vorobyov has the highest floor but the lowest ceiling of the three.

"Phenoms" put up 40-45 points in the NHL? What :laugh:

And why does he have to be as good as Lindblom? Is that another arbitrary goal post you're setting? He won't be. I think we all see him as a top line ceiling 60 point potential player.

Go look at what top players from the KHL did in their rookie seasons.......it's the second best pro league in the world. It isn't easy to score as a teen, unless you are actually a phenom. Dadonov 15 points in 40 games (age 19)........Shipachyov 8 points in 29 games (age 21)......Anisimov 10 points in 39 games (age 18). Look at what Rubtsov or Guryanov went through, albeit a year younger. Don't pretend it's the same situation as the more development-friendly SHL and that those totals can be taken at face value. Every indication was Ufa wanted him to stay pretty bad, and he was going to get juicy usage if he did. Now we can see for ourselves in LHV what he can do with it.

As for his WJC, I guess this is where you defer to people who watched. Kaprizov is a phenom, but Vorobyev played his role perfectly. The Anisimov to Kaprizov's Panarin (or whoever). Great assists, space generating, forechecking and turnovers, play driving. He's the exact type of player who allows those types to play to their best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad