News Article: 2017/18 Bold Predictions

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Came across TSN.ca 2017/18 bold predictions.. and they have an interesting one for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

9. COLUMBUS - After 18 years, the Blue Jackets will finally earn their first banner to hang in Nationwide Arena as Metropolitan Division champions.
It’s no small feat, considering the Metro is the toughest division in the league again, and up until now only the logos of other NHL teams waved in the rafters. It’s no guarantee for playoff success, though, which will leave John Tortorella and Jarmo Kekalainen with an empty feeling.

What do you guys think of their prediction? Plausible? Or a complete joke? I peg CBJ to finish in the 1st wildcard seed due to a highly competitive Metropolitan division. Though I feel it will be very close where the difference from #1 - 4 could be a mere 2-4 point difference.

http://www.tsn.ca/31-bold-predictions-for-the-nhl-season-1.874108

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's... not entirely impossible, but it does strike me as a stretch. Then again, that could be the "cautious" part of my usual doctrine of "cautious optimism" speaking up. :)

EDIT: I confess, tho, to some amusement at that article's Boston prediction: "Charlie McAvoy will be this season's Zach Werenski". Part of what made Werenski's season so awesome is that that sort of performance is incredibly rare, so having another equivalent the very next season strikes me as even more of a stretch. :D

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bunch of the ESPN guys (5 of 7 I think) picked the Jackets also. I'm not sure I have that much confidence having seen flops following good seasons before. I'll remain guardedly pessimistic.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jackets make the playoffs as a bubble team. Likely a wild card spot.

Given people's expectations, I think this can be in the bold category spot, right?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Came across TSN.ca 2017/18 bold predictions.. and they have an interesting one for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

What do you guys think of their prediction? Plausible? Or a complete joke? I peg CBJ to finish in the 1st wildcard seed due to a highly competitive Metropolitan division. Though I feel it will be very close where the difference from #1 - 4 could be a mere 2-4 point difference.

http://www.tsn.ca/31-bold-predictions-for-the-nhl-season-1.874108
If the CBJ were to win any banner this season, this one would be the most realistic.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets make the playoffs as a bubble team. Likely a wild card spot.

Given people's expectations, I think this can be in the bold category spot, right?
I'll see that one and raise you this. The CBJ squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard team and wins at least two series.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Friedman makes a bold prediction...picks Jackets to win it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad