OT: 2016 World Cup

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would like to see Telegin play in our 4th line. Guy is blocking machine, hard worker and really have shifty legs. Speedy gonzales.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Some contracts contain "non-compete" clauses in them that forbids the employee from "competing" with the employer by working for a competitor (typically litigation ensues when an employee is fired or resigns and works for a competitor, thereby violating the non-compete clause). The contract may even specifically note the sporting events for which Pang can work for a competitor or state that he can work for a competitor so long as it doesn't interfere with his work duties.

Given that Pang is a nationally known commentator, he likely had a lot of leverage in ensuring that his contract didn't contain these non-compete provisions.

Edit - can you tell I'm in law school? I even took a break from studying to respond to this...ugh.

I would imagine the non-compete clause in Panger's contract would have exemptions for, among other things, national/international broadcasts. He does games for NBC sometimes during the regular season, and that would certainly be more of a competitor to FSMW broadcast of the Blues than the WCoH.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Team USA is just bad...

Pathetic may be a better description. Yikes. :facepalm:

The only positive I can take away from their performance this tournament is that there is a small chance it may precipitate a necessary paradigm shift in the direction of the entire program. Especially when their old, slow, physical failure is contrasted against the young, fast, skilled success of Team NA.

Wish we got to see more of Team NA. I have rewatched the first 5 or so minutes of their game against Sweden a couple times now...its just magical

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
They left as many good players off the team as they had on it.

Well, that's true if you're just counting defenseman, and maybe even more snubs in the case of that position. It's not as many, but it was certainly a big enough amount of good players left off to keep them from playing this weekend. The suspicion of a roster being selected just to beat Canada with no thoughts to their other two opponents is pretty much confirmed now. :shakehead

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I like how it took exactly 4 games for HF to fall in love with Parayko. Don't get me wrong I like seeing Parayko get some love, but it's just dumb how quickly people form opinions. It's the same reason they all hate Pietrangelo.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I like how it took exactly 4 games for HF to fall in love with Parayko. Don't get me wrong I like seeing Parayko get some love, but it's just dumb how quickly people form opinions. It's the same reason they all hate Pietrangelo.

Where is this thread? I missed this on the main board somehow.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Where is this thread? I missed this on the main board somehow.

Scattered around the WCoH forum, and what catalyzed this post was a poll to pick the top Team NA defenseman other than Ekblad and Parayko is winning handily. Over guys like Rielly, Ghostisbere, and Jones. I mean if that poll had been done 2 weeks ago Parayko would probably be no higher than 3rd or 4th. Polls like that are dumb anyway because those guys are all great, very close to each other, and all so young that we really have no idea.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm really suprised why NHL GM's arent' interesting Telegin. He would be perfect fit on 4th line as a PK'er and extra boost giver + somethimes could even create scoring changes.

edit.

Finally Cananda broadcast notice his efford on this game.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm really suprised why NHL GM's arent' interesting Telegin. He would be perfect fit on 4th line as a PK'er and extra boost giver + somethimes could even create scoring changes.

Maybe he has no interest in leaving Russia/KHL

:dunno:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
So I have to cheer for Sweden and Berglund now? :help:

you can always cheer for this guy

3289a433766609450067b24031bc13aa.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad