2016 World Cup of Hockey Thread, HFNucks Edition.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Also whyyyyy is Ryan Getzlaf on team Canada?

Had a horrendous start to the season but has been on fire lately, and a reason why the Ducks are surging. 21 points in the past month.

I question the decision to have Jeff Carter there.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Giroux, Marchand, and O'Reilly need to be on this team... Yes Marchand... ( I threw up saying that).. also Burns must be on this team

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
There's still 7 roster spots left. I assume 4 forwards and 3 defense?

Perry
Giroux
Marchand
O'Reilly

Subban
Pietrangelo
Giordano

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Not sure whom he would be over, but what about Hall? So few wingers on this team as it is, wouldn't it be smart to have a natural one on the team?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure whom he would be over, but what about Hall? So few wingers on this team as it is, wouldn't it be smart to have a natural one on the team?

People crying about ROR and Brad ****ikg Marchand but Taylor Hall not being there is just criminal, I guess people don't understand how good he is because of the team he plays for, oh well.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
People crying about ROR and Brad ****ikg Marchand but Taylor Hall not being there is just criminal, I guess people don't understand how good he is because of the team he plays for, oh well.

Wait, Seguin id in Team Canada, but Hall is still available for U23?

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
If adidas tries to shove those three stripes into NHL jerseys I'll lose my ****, those Canada kits are atrocious.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
maybe i can whip up some excitement when the world cup gets closer, but it's hard to get too invested in these decisions when the initial announcements are full of no-brainer decisions and the overall format of the tournament is flawed

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I thought I heard Doug McLean say yesterday that Luongo was a sure bet to make the team. ...

CorySchneids

May 3, 2015
Lu should be the next guy when Price is deemed unavailable to play due to injury.

I'm down for this lineup

Tavares-Toews-Stamkos
Hall-Crosby-Bergeron
Benn-Seguin-Giroux
Duchene-Getzlaf-Perry
Carter

Keith-Weber
Vlasic-Doughty
Brodie-Subban
Burns

Price
Holtby
Crawford

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Lu should be the next guy when Price is deemed unavailable to play due to injury.

I'm down for this lineup

Tavares-Toews-Stamkos
Hall-Crosby-Bergeron
Benn-Seguin-Giroux
Duchene-Getzlaf-Perry
Carter

Keith-Weber
Vlasic-Doughty
Brodie-Subban
Burns

Price
Holtby
Crawford

I'm more a fan of this lineup. Split up Bergeron and Toews so you get a center who can take key defensive faceoffs on 2 of your 4 lines.

Hall-Crosby-Stamkos
Benn-Seguin-Bergeron
Tavares-Toews-Carter
Duchene-Getzlaf-Perry
Giroux

Forward lines look stacked and yet this teams biggest strength is defence and goaltending. Good luck getting past Weber/Keith/Doughty/Vlasic/Brodie/Subban/Pietrangelo and then scoring on Holtby/Price :laugh:

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hall / Crosby / Stamkos
Benn / Tavares / Seguin
ROR / Toews / Bergeron
Giroux / Getzlaf / Perry
Carter

Keith / Doughty
Vlasic / Weber
Brodie / Subban
Pietrangelo

Price
Holtby
Crawford

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Don't understand how people have Carter as their extra forward. He is a lock to play on Toews's right side (at least to start). Marleau - Toews - Carter was Canada's best line in 2014.

Toews over Crosby? Disgusting. Crosby's line is the defacto number 1 line, period.

Crosby's line is obviously the 1st line. Hopefully he can turn it up this year because IMO he wasn't even close to good enough in 2010 or 2014. Toews's line was the best one at both tournaments. In '14 they even brought a trash player in Kunitz (causing a ridiculous Giroux snub) to help Crosby and it didn't really work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad