Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v26) Next: vs TB| Wed, Sept 14| 12:30pmET/9:30amPT | Cobb vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It's actually really perplexing that a team this good could under perform this much over 140 games.

What? They're 14 games over .500 and guaranteed to be in a Wild Card spot at the end of the day. Overall, their record isn't really that far out of line from what we should have expected. If you expected them to just run away with the division, I don't know what to tell you.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
What? They're 14 games over .500 and guaranteed to be in a Wild Card spot at the end of the day. Overall, their record isn't really that far out of line from what we should have expected. If you expected them to just run away with the division, I don't know what to tell you.

Acoustic is just here to tell us that the Jays are losing and they suck. Don't worry. He'll be here next Jays loss to do the same.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

I don't know what to tell you if you think we're guaranteed anything at this point of the season.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016

Guanteed a wild card spot? Care too elaborate on that? Nothings guaranteed with 17 games left...especially with this team crashing and burning infront of our very eyes.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario

I assume (hope?) that he's talking about the offense, which, considering the depth of talent, is severely underperforming in everything except home runs and runs scored.

If our pitching, both starting and bullpen, hadn't been as good as it has, this team would be nowhere as good as their record says.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Well yeah, they're falling for hits. The Jays put 13 in play and have one hit to show for it.

Oh right, they just happen to fall in. There is no skill involved in hitting a baseball, all luck. My mistake.

Considering the pitching they have had all year, I believe they have under performed overall, how much is up for debate.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Guanteed a wild card spot? Care too elaborate on that? Nothings guaranteed with 17 games left...especially with this team crashing and burning infront of our very eyes.

At the end of the day. Literally at the end of the day. As in "When today is over, the Jays will still be in a Wild Card spot."

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Considering the pitching they have had all year, I believe they have under performed overall, how much is up for debate.

The pitching has wildly exceeded expectations. The offense has underperformed. Overall, they're right where most people thought they would be.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Oh right, they just happen to fall in. There is no skill involved in hitting a baseball, all luck. My mistake.

Of course there's skill in hitting a baseball, but outside of general location (right, centre, left, particularly), there's not really much ability to control where the ball goes after contact. :dunno:

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
At the end of the day. Literally at the end of the day. As in "When today is over, the Jays will still be in a Wild Card spot."

To be specific that's the second Wild Card spot. ;)

I'm not going to bother being critical of this team though, even if it's constructive, there is no discussion to be had.

I really hope the Jays win the division somehow, I just have my doubts.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Of course there's skill in hitting a baseball, but outside of general location (right, centre, left, particularly), there's not really much ability to control where the ball goes after contact. :dunno:

You think that MLB hitters just try and make contact? What?!

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

What's unsustainable, a .381 BABIP, or an .059 BABIP? Right, they both are. But yes, the Rays skilled their way to hit bloop hits and infield groundballs that hug the foul line on command.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Because if theres one guy you want hitting with 2 out and 2 on...its justin ****ing smoak.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
The pitching has wildly exceeded expectations. The offense has underperformed. Overall, they're right where most people thought they would be.

Almost everyone I've listened to on the radio or TV, or read comments online had the Jays winning the division. I guess they still could.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

I don't know what to tell you if you think we're guaranteed anything at this point of the season.

He said at the end of the day. As in win or lose today, and not matter what everyone else does. We still have a WC spot today.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Almost everyone I've listened to on the radio or TV, or read comments online had the Jays winning the division. I guess they still could.

Of course they still could, at worst tonight they are 3 GB of the division lead, with more than enough games left to make that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad