Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v24) Next: @ NYY| Tues, Sept 6| 7pmET/4pmPT | Sanchez vs Cessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My favourite is when he complements them by calling them baseball players. "There are a lot of baseball players on the field today"

Holy **** Buck, had no idea!

That's on there for a drink.

And yeah, it's a good thing that Buck is pointing out who's a baseball player. Because I was sure that Bautista was a professional shot-putter and Tulowitzki was actually a competitive jai alai player.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Don't be silly. Tulowitzki looks like a ball player

Nah.

cesta-punta-pelotari02.jpg

You don't see the resemblance? :sarcasm:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
That's on there for a drink.

And yeah, it's a good thing that Buck is pointing out who's a baseball player. Because I was sure that Bautista was a professional shot-putter and Tulowitzki was actually a competitive jai alai player.

He's the best for all the wrong reasons except his Blue Jays Homerness.

I hope we never get rid of him because everything else *cough* Harold Reynolds *cough* is just the worst...

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
My favourite Buck moments are when he has a "Wins matter!" rant and a "Pitcher X only had so few wins because of the team he played on" rant in the same game.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
So who would make it past the second inning in the buxket Martinez drinking game?

Reminds me of the star wars drinking game... Take a drink every time Luke whines.... Done after 20 minutes and he doesn't make an appearance until ten minutes in..

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He's the best for all the wrong reasons except his Blue Jays Homerness.

I hope we never get rid of him because everything else *cough* Harold Reynolds *cough* is just the worst...

My dream Jays tv combo would be Shulman full time and promoting radio color guy Joe Siddall to the TV gig.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My favourite Buck moments are when he has a "Wins matter!" rant and a "Pitcher X only had so few wins because of the team he played on" rant in the same game.

Yeah, he did that a couple of games ago and it mystified me that he couldn't see how those two rants couldn't possibly co-exist. He did it about Dave Stieb. You can tell Stieb was great because he racked up so many wins. But he was a victim of being on some bad teams so he didn't get as many wins as he should've.

scream.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
i wonder if that's the case? easing more shulman, and then bye bye Buck.

Sadly, no. Shulman gets tons of work from ESPN. Him being a part-timer is more about working around his US broadcasting schedule and giving him some extra gigs during the slower US sports season (no football, no basketball) than it is about easing him into a bigger Jays role.

Lots of people seem to like Buck. I guess because he's kinda folksy and old school. He's like that old uncle that you enjoy when you see him once a year at the family reunion, but who makes you cringe and realize why you only like seeing him once a year when he comes to visit for a week.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hard to disagree with that. Most importantly, though, just get Shulman in there full time.

The other positive would be that maybe Zaun becomes the radio color guy (he's filled in for Siddall when Siddall has covered for Tabler on TV before) and then you put Zaun in a situation he would be fit for (by limiting him to talking about game stuff only and not giving him time to put his GM's hat on) and create an opening for a more sensible studio analyst.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The other positive would be that maybe Zaun becomes the radio color guy (he's filled in for Siddall when Siddall has covered for Tabler on TV before) and then you put Zaun in a situation he would be fit for (by limiting him to talking about game stuff only and not giving him time to put his GM's hat on) and create an opening for a more sensible studio analyst.

But how would Zaun challenge Ventura to fights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad