2016 top prospects for the Yotes at 7

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

I am really starting to like Juolevi . This guy has great vision , great passing .. kind of reminds me of OEL in a way. ( maybe not the best comparison) Slows the game down a bit .. The other 2 look like better skaters and will try to skate in and score which is ok as well . But for me I prefer Juolevi.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Watch Brown video. At 2:35 mark he shrugs off a check like he was swatting a mosquito

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wheeler can also skate. ;)

That's kind of who he reminds me of in many ways. Wheeler is an elite player and I'd happily draft a clone of him, if I could (minus the obvious but about going UFA). In fact, if I could garantee a Wheeler for our club that would play for our club, I'd take him a hell of a lot higher than 7th.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Watch Brown video. At 2:35 mark he shrugs off a check like he was swatting a mosquito
A lot to love about Brown, the only negative is can't see anyway he gets past Van at #5.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's kind of who he reminds me of in many ways. Wheeler is an elite player and I'd happily draft a clone of him, if I could (minus the obvious but about going UFA). In fact, if I could garantee a Wheeler for our club that would play for our club, I'd take him a hell of a lot higher than 7th.

Of course, but it's the draft. It's easy to remember the successes. I doubt many people have players like Hugh Jessiman in their minds when looking at Brown.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
I don't like highlights. In highlights every random Chipchura may look like as Datsyuk. I prefer full game videos, or shift-by-shift videos.

When I watch highlights of a prospect - I think WOW! After watching full game video - not so much.
Maybe it's boring, but informative.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
The Brown highlights looked pretty good, but about half of the scoring would never make it past an NHL goaltender. In addition, many of his shots/passes were from a part of the ice that is covered much better at the NHL level.

I didn't look at all of the prospect highlights, but I'm assuming this is the case with most of them that will be available to us at #7. Still, I did like some of Brown's passing, so he would probably be a nice addition to the roster.

Hopefully our scouts will be the ones who end up making the choice in the end (that's why I'm in no hurry to see Maloney's replacement hired--at this point, I trust our scouts moreso than whoever they end up placing in the GM seat).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad