WC: 2016 Team Kazakhstan

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I'm surprised they even allowed Dallman back in the country. Didn't his wife piss off the authorities with her not so positive impressions of the country in social media?

I've been to Kazakhstan...and everything has a price, but I can't imagine what the $$$ figure would be to get me to live there...but I do hope their pension funds are now topped up and overflowing. taking care and providing for your family is priority #1.
It's ironic that we had this discussion today, because Dallman has allegedly went AWOL and left Kazakhstan today. :laugh:

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I'd imagine that a KHL star can live rather comfortably in Astana, not having to resort to living in some moldy Soviet-era apartment complex. It's not like the players of the Red Wings reside anywhere even near those notorious rundown ratholes either.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Hockey and bandy are already highly popular in Kazakhstan. A good comparison would be Sweden, where hockey competes with soccer for the 1st place among all sports. It's the same in Kazakhstan, except bandy is also popular as a type of hockey.

This is no Italy or France or Croatia. They don't exactly need added exposure.
Positive press not just press in general...Winning never hurts, it's merely dubious that imports in the long run lead to winning.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Thanks for keeping this thread about team Kazakhstan.

If you want to discuss Kazakhstan as a country, there is a politic board to do so.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland

If you want to discuss Kazakhstan as a country, there is a politic board to do so.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
It's ironic that we had this discussion today, because Dallman has allegedly went AWOL and left Kazakhstan today. :laugh:

According to Dallman's wife he will play for Kazakhstan in WC 2016.

Nobody knows exactly why he's left so urgently and had to take his kids away from the school a month before summer holidays. Allegedly something was wrong with his father.

Last edited:

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly

Guys chill ... anyways what do you think are the chances of staying up this year with the NA reinforcements.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Dallman not in the lineup today against Hungary.

Bochenski, Dawes and Boyd did play with the former two scoring the last two goals in a 3-2 exhibition victory.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Ryspaev may be a captain in the game with Russia :amazed:

If you give a national team to such a clown as Nazarov, you'll have to watch a circus

SELF CENSORED !!!!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Pretty wild roster for Kazakhstan - so many naturalized players from all corners of the globe. Most of them are dead weight at this level, but that NA line even without Dallman on the blue line is capable of producing offense on its own. If Rudenko, Zhailauov, Vasilchenko and Litvinenko were there, I'd say they could crack the quarterfinals, but this team with Nazarov as the coach is a really unpredictable animal.

As always, I hope they survive, but not at expense of Latvia.

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Yeah, come on guys, he's a true Kazakh. I even seen a picture of him wearing them Koyleks and Saukeles the other day I was like danggg boi :handclap:

Kazakh is the ethnicity not nationality. There more about 100 ethnicities living in Kazakstan.So Nigel is a Canadien and citizen of Kazakhstan.
Most of Kazakhstan team are ethnic Russians or Ukrainians who do not look like Kazakh at all. So Dawes, Bochensky, Boyd, Dallman aren't only "white" guys among Asians. It is rather the opposite. Zhaylauov and Ryspaev are only Kazakhs among Caucasians.

Or USA never had sportsmen born and trained in other countries? :naughty:

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Most of Kazakhstan team are ethnic Russians or Ukrainians who do not look like Kazakh at all. So Dawes, Bochensky, Boyd, Dallman aren't only "white" guys among Asians. It is rather the opposite. Zhaylauov and Ryspaev are only Kazakhs among Caucasians.

Honestly though, hockey is more popular in the north of the country and there are a lot of non ethnic Kazakhs living there (close to 50%, if not more) Anyways, I have no qualms with Russa/CIS born players on the team, but the BBD line is a bit much imo. Hopefully they can keep us up until our own players are good enough. Doesn't help that the top players defect to Russia/ take up Russain citizenship, but I've been impressed with the u18/u20 squads so there's hope.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Kazakh is the ethnicity not nationality. There more about 100 ethnicities living in Kazakstan.So Nigel is a Canadien and citizen of Kazakhstan.

I was just saying he looked cute in the koylek and the saukele (forgive mispelling), don't get too excited.

What's the nationality form then? Kazakhstani?

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Ryspaev may be a captain in the game with Russia :amazed:

If you give a national team to such a clown as Nazarov, you'll have to watch a circus

SELF CENSORED !!!!

I don't think he's on the roster. Happy to see Kairov and Lobanov injecting some youth into the team, both seem like decently skilled young players.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Doesn't help that the top players defect to Russia/ take up Russain citizenship, but I've been impressed with the u18/u20 squads so there's hope.

99's and upwards look really promising. But until your junior teams doesn't become elite tier elevators, like say Denmark, Germany, Latvia and Norway, there still will be rare cases when a solid senior team member will come out of them.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
I was just saying he looked cute in the koylek and the saukele (forgive mispelling), don't get too excited.

What's the nationality form then? Kazakhstani?

Yup. Look at Snezhniye Barsy (MHL), and the KZ u20/u18 teams, they're full or ethnic russian Kazakhstani citizens. Zhailauv is probably only decent ethnic Kazakh, Asetov might be good in the future too.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I don't think he's on the roster. Happy to see Kairov and Lobanov injecting some youth into the team, both seem like decently skilled young players.

I'm happy for Nikita Ivanov as well. Dude had a nice breakout season in VHL and after a long wait is debuting for senior national team.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Yup. Look at Snezhniye Barsy (MHL), and the KZ u20/u18 teams, they're full or ethnic russian Kazakhstani citizens. Zhailauv is probably only decent ethnic Kazakh, Asetov might be good in the future too.
Yeah, as an American there's not ethnic Amerk so it's not something I'm used to. I meant Kazakhstani not Kazakh. He's got the Kazakhstani Koylek look haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad