WC: 2016 Team Denmark

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Which God do we sacrifice to I order to make this happen..:sarcasm:

Frans would change up the entire makeup of our team..

Would free up Eller for the 2nd line and give green a more suited role and minutes..not that he been a complete disaster but he is just hampered by age...

Our big strength so far has been that he have had 4 lines who have contributed well, and Nielsen would just make it twice as good.
He is also a perfect partner for Hansen and Ehlers with his eye for the pass.

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
It will be interesting to see now that Aagaard and From are registered if one of them will be in the lineup against the Swiss.

I would at least use one of them as a 13 forward and use 7 d's instead of 8, then u could use the player after special teams when the lines can be a bit messed up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Oilers just signed Patrick Russell. Seems to have played for the Denmark national team at the junior level frequently.

Any Danes got a review on Russell?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The Oilers just signed Patrick Russell. Seems to have played for the Denmark national team at the junior level frequently.

We havent seen alot of him in Denmark, sadly.

But all reports are that he is a feisty pwf, with great athleticism, and a good head on his shoulders.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

Hes not on team denmark is he? If hes good enough for NHL he should be good enough for this tourney, right?

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
He's good enough for development by a nhl team and no he wasn't good enough. We do have good European based players

Very much this. It's not like he'll be an NHL'er next season. He might not even stick in the AHL. Having unproven and from the coach's standpoint relatively unknown players straight from various N.A. junior leagues on the World Championships is not the way to go. Should really only ever happen for players with enough quality to go in the first round of the draft - even for a small hockey nation like Denmark.

If a player like Russell was able to participate fully in the pre-Championships camp, then he could possibly play his way on to the team. But then at least the coach would know what roles the player can fill and how his level of play compares to the rest of the team.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Very much this. It's not like he'll be an NHL'er next season. He might not even stick in the AHL. Having unproven and from the coach's standpoint relatively unknown players straight from various N.A. junior leagues on the World Championships is not the way to go. Should really only ever happen for players with enough quality to go in the first round of the draft - even for a small hockey nation like Denmark.

If a player like Russell was able to participate fully in the pre-Championships camp, then he could possibly play his way on to the team. But then at least the coach would know what roles the player can fill and how his level of play compares to the rest of the team.

I agree..just one thing..do I remember completely wrong or wasn't he a part of the previous tournament phase?

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
I agree..just one thing..do I remember completely wrong or wasn't he a part of the previous tournament phase?

The only games he's played for the senior NT team has been 3 games in this years WC camp, I read somewhere that he gained a minor injury, that might have had a part to play in him being cut.

I see him as a slow version of Jannik Hansen, I think he potentially could become a fourth line player in NHL in one or two years.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Danes have a real chance at making the QF this year. I'll be rooting for Canadas second team any time you guys aren't playing us.

Go Denmark!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The only games he's played for the senior NT team has been 3 games in this years WC camp, I read somewhere that he gained a minor injury, that might have had a part to play in him being cut.

I see him as a slow version of Jannik Hansen, I think he potentially could become a fourth line player in NHL in one or two years.

Interesting, that's good. He'll probably start out in the AHL next year, but could be called up later on. Hopefully this proves to be a decent signing by the Oilers.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016

Yes that's the story. Minor injury. But from what I saw in the games during the camp, I did not see anything from Russell that - on European ice - places him in front of eg From or Aagaard.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Interesting, that's good. He'll probably start out in the AHL next year, but could be called up later on. Hopefully this proves to be a decent signing by the Oilers.

AHL or maybe EHCL to start out with. I must admit I know nothing about him, but if he had ahl level play in him i would suspect that we had heard more about Him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Danes have a real chance at making the QF this year. I'll be rooting for Canadas second team any time you guys aren't playing us.

Go Denmark!

We hope so. Victories against Latvia and Kasakhstan will hopefully be enough. If not then that ot loss to Switzerland will sting for a while

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We hope so. Victories against Latvia and Kasakhstan will hopefully be enough. If not then that ot loss to Switzerland will sting for a while

Yup. A win vs. Russia would help too. Might be in tough in that one though.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I can't watch the game today and I hope it's just nielsen...(why aren' we just starting Sørensen and giving him the expirience)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tough one today against Russia. Just regroup and go out hard against Latvia.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Freaking pathetic....hope we just decided to give this game away because losing 10-1 is simply not acceptable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad