2016 Tank Thread - Babcock PreDeadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just saw Buffalo beat the Habs... excellent. Leafs now at least a full 2 points back of every team

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Scrivens was a hot mess in goal for Montreal :laugh:
He was out in left field on Gorges' goal.

Must be quite a shock going from Price to Scrivens ...
Almost like they WANT to tank with Scrivens.

Maybe they are in on the Stamkos sweepstakes? Could be a deal after the season but before the UFA season, or a sign and trade deal.

Probably a few teams that could get in on that action.

As for Montreal, they have some pieces: Galchenyuk/Gallagher/Juulsen/Scherbak/1st rounder.. A combo of a couple of those could swing it e.g. 1st plus player/prospect.

Last edited:

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
Is this the first time in a while the Leafs have games in hand on teams going down the stretch? I always remember them having played more games than teams they were fighting a playoff spot for. This is the exact opposite, once again putting the Leafs behind the eight ball. For the tank's sake, they better not make up any ground! LOL!

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Is this the first time in a while the Leafs have games in hand on teams going down the stretch? I always remember them having played more games than teams they were fighting a playoff spot for. This is the exact opposite, once again putting the Leafs behind the eight ball. For the tank's sake, they better not make up any ground! LOL!

I think everyone knows what's going on in terms of Toronto's management. How many times when people were talking about McDavid's 5 points against Toronto did people say but this was against "an AHL team"? The Leafs will be more of an AHL team when they unload a few more players at the deadline. This is the first time in a very long time in Toronto that they have a management that understands what needs to happen in order to get better.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Picking 6th or 7th would be ****ing weak. The players in the range are great - but the principle alone makes me mad lol

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
It annoys me that we still have three games in hand on a bunch of teams

meh, I see it as a good thing. our team is currently better than the other bottom feeders. however, after the deadline it will be worse.

I would rather play more games after the deadline with a worse team.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Two huge out of town tank games tonight. Jets at Oilers and Sens at Jackets. Need 3 point games in both of those

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Picking 6th or 7th would be ****ing weak. The players in the range are great - but the principle alone makes me mad lol

If we finish 1st or 2nd last we still get a top 5 pick. We have to finish either 30th or 29th for me to feel good going into the lotto. Honestly though it would suck to go from Matthews/Laine/Pulijarvi to Mcleod/Dubois/Nylander

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I ran the simulator 3 times and Calgary picked first every time LOL

That makes me feel a bit sad, but at least it wasn't Oilers, nucks, sens, habs or someone like that. If Matthews has to be drafted by some other team than leafs than I'm hoping either the flames (western team won't have to play him much) or the yotes(pretty much same, except with maybe Matthews their team can sell seats for themselves and doesn't need to rely on revenue sharing as much) get him

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I just have a feeling that were going to be drafting 2nd overall, not sure why. Im fine with laine though

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I just have a feeling that were going to be drafting 2nd overall, not sure why. Im fine with laine though

Like last year I will be happy if we just hold our spot and don't lose ground. I'm with you though, my gut is telling me will be drafting 1 or 2 this time round. My instincts actually say 1rst but we are the Leafs after all.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Edmonton for me.

They hired this "great new coach", drafted first overall again and supposedly had another year of development on all their amazing young prospects.

At least Buffalo is trying to be better. EDM seems completely okay with sucking forever.

Columbus, seriously. they're my second team and I thought they'd be at least where New Jersey is. uberly disappointed in them.

I wasn't buying stock in either the Oilers or Buffalo.
I'm going to say Buffalo. During the summer a lot of people said now that they got Jack Eichel, Ryan O'Rielly, and Robin Lehner they would be serious contenders in the Eastern Conference and obviously that never happened.

Edmonton by far, thought they would break through and make the playoffs. Never believed in Columbus, Too early for Buffalo.

So we are saying that they all suck lol

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Like last year I will be happy if we just hold our spot and don't lose ground. I'm with you though, my gut is telling me will be drafting 1 or 2 this time round. My instincts actually say 1rst but we are the Leafs after all.

I'd be so happy with Laine as a leaf.

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
edm/wpg/cal getting #1 will make me puke, these guys should all be contending for the playoffs with the talent they have, we shouldnt be anywhere close to them in the standings

just looked up how buffalo finished last year and they ended with 54 FREAKIN POINTS, we are tank amateurs compared to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad