2016 Sleepers From Your Team

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Giving this another shot this year.

Picking up Eifert last year propelled me to the playoffs and league championship - whoever made that suggest, THANK YOU!

For the Broncos this year -

QB: Don't go crazy with Paxton Lynch. He won't be given a real shot at QB until very late in the season, possibly next year. But he is the future.

RB: Devontae Booker is the future at RB. He's been impressive in camp. Will likely be their 3rd down back but he still will have to beat out CJ Anderson for early down play. Anderson by the way has came to camp in shape and ready to roll. I think he realizes people are gunning for his job. Expect CJ Anderson to be starter from Day 1. Also expect TD's to be taken away from CJ as the Broncos will bring a FB into the offense as well.

WR: Demaryious Thomas is looking for a rebound year, although the QB situation is unsettled. I think Thomas will have the same statlines as last year. He'll play better, but the offense is going to struggle at times. The Broncos are going from a pass happy offense to a run the ball down your throat O. The WR position is also one of the places where the Broncos have incredible depth - i.e. the wealth of receptions will be shared.

TE: Virgil Green is likely going to be the starter. A definite sleeper pick this year. Green is seen by a lot of the NFL as the "blocking TE" but in camp he has impressed and seems to be developing both athletically and as a serious red zone target. Kubiak needs a TE in this offense, and Green is pulling away as the #1 right now. He's probably going to be a solid #2 TE on your fantasy roster with potential to be a #1.

Defense: The Broncos D is not going to be far off from where they were last year. People are expecting the team to do worse, but I see that as the Defense being on the field more often and more opportunities for points. They lost Trevathan and Malik Jackson but haven't seemed to miss a beat so far. Don't discount the defense this year.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Really tough to say for Minnesota. You know what AP will do, and there's no reason to think Bridgewater will take some big leap from a fantasy perspective given what we've seen so far. That just leaves receivers. Given Minnesota's conservative passing game, I think Treadwell should be a solid contributor right out of the gate considering he thrives on the short/intermediate ball.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Yea. Peterson and Diggs are probably the only two draft-able Vikings. Rudolph too if your someone who carries 2 TEs.

Maybe Johnson does what people thought he'd do last year. If you're willing to stash Treadwell on your bench he could have some value later in this season, since I think he will be eased in.

Jerick McKinnon might be a solid bench guy in a deep PPR if they expand his role like they say they are.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jet offense is pretty straightforward for the most part though like I said in the other thread I'm definitely high on Powell despite Forte's presence, especially in PPR's. If you're in a real real real deep league I suppose keep an eye on Jace Amaro too (high TE pick that was hurt all of last year), supposedly he's been doing well in camp. My misgiving with that is Gailey's offense typically doesn't feature TE's and Enunwa was more or less an erstatz version of a TE last year, though he probably will be the third WR this year since Devin Smith's still hurt. Enunwa might be a good handcuff to Marshall or Decker in a superdeep league.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
For the Browns I'll say their wide receivers (Gordon, Coleman and Pryor) because without looking I would say their ADP are at least the 6 round+. The deepest sleeper here is Terrelle Pryor of course. Hard to say if it will translate to the regular season but he's been improving a lot and has caught long-bombs from RG3 in both preseason games so far. Keep in mind Gordon and Coleman haven't played yet. I really don't know what to expect from those two but Coleman was the first WR off the board in the NFL draft this year, so the Browns are obviously very high on him.

Another sleeper would be RG3. Again a pretty deep sleeper, but we know he can potentially put up a reasonable rushing total in addition to his (hopefully) improving pocket passing. Plus the benefit of Hue Jackson for a coach. There are question marks about his line though (C, RG, and RT).

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I wouldn't bother with the 49ers. Torrey Smith is the only guy who may actually be worth the pick.

Carlos Hyde could be a good RB2 if he can stay healthy, but given the Niners poor O-line he's gonna be hard-pressed to really shine, even considering he should get plenty of touches.

Smith could thrive this season with Chip Kelly calling the plays, but Gabbert or Kaep don't inspire much confidence. As far as a sleeper pick though, he's your best bet.

The Niners D/ST is obviously a no go and I wouldn't bother with any of the TE's. None of the 4 on our roster have ever been key players nor have they established themselves on this year's squad.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't bother with the 49ers. Torrey Smith is the only guy who may actually be worth the pick.

Carlos Hyde could be a good RB2 if he can stay healthy, but given the Niners poor O-line he's gonna be hard-pressed to really shine, even considering he should get plenty of touches.

Smith could thrive this season with Chip Kelly calling the plays, but Gabbert or Kaep don't inspire much confidence. As far as a sleeper pick though, he's your best bet.

The Niners D/ST is obviously a no go and I wouldn't bother with any of the TE's. None of the 4 on our roster have ever been key players nor have they established themselves on this year's squad.

Bruce Ellington is a sleeper I've read a lot about from the 49ers.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
What position does Ellington play?

And will Pryor be the #2 or #3? Is Cleveland even going to roll out 3 wides or are they run concentrated this year

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What position does Ellington play?

And will Pryor be the #2 or #3? Is Cleveland even going to roll out 3 wides or are they run concentrated this year

Wide receiver. He's a third year guy that hasn't played all that much. But all reports have been that he's been the 49ers' best player in camp, and that Gabbert loves him.

As for Pryor, I don't know what the Browns' base offense is. But I'd expect them to lean heavily on Coleman, Barnidge and Duke Johnson in the passing game. I think Pryor will be very, very inconsistent for fantasy and in reality.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
As for Pryor, I don't know what the Browns' base offense is. But I'd expect them to lean heavily on Coleman, Barnidge and Duke Johnson in the passing game. I think Pryor will be very, very inconsistent for fantasy and in reality.

Very true. It's likely Pryor is going to be the #3 or 4 WR so it will be hard to expect much - maybe any - production from him. Definitely a deep sleeper. I wondered if Andrew Hawkins would have a bounce back year, but he's been relatively quiet in training camp so he doesn't seem to be fantasy worthy at this point.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
A few sleepers I really like this season

Tyler Boyd (CIN)
Michael Thomas (NO)
Zach Zenner (DET)

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
A while ago I had Moncrief as my secret sleeper, but it seems like he's now the ultimate sleeper pick, so he's not exactly a secret anymore.

I'm curious about Jared Cook in Green Bay. They haven't had a skilled TE in a while. I know his hands are suspect, but the guy is a physical freak. He's spent his career playing with low-end QBs. Now that he's got Rodgers, I'm intrigued. I'm not intrigued enough to have him as my starting TE though.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
From the Rams....none. The only person worth owning is Gurley. The quarterback is a rookie who is likely to bust, the o-line is below average especially on the left and the receiving core is awful.

From the Jags, take Ivory over Yeldon, and I still believe in Marqise Lee.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
What do you guys think about Jordan Cameron? He's got all the talent in the world, but can't seem to stay healthy.

If he can stay healthy, I have a sneaky suspicion that he'll be one of the top waiver pickups this season. He's been going undrafted in most of the mocks I have done.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Sean Payton has come out and said that people should be taking Michael Thomas in their fantasy drafts.

I'm always curious about head coaches saying stuff like this. It could be just a move to boost his young receiver's confidence.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
only real sleepers that I have drafted are

Kamar Aiken - coming off a great year at just under 1k yards. was able to draft him very very deep in both of my drafts even though he is poised to be the Ravens #1 wide out and receive a huge amount of targets.

Dorial Green-Beckham - tall, big bodied receiver who is out to make a mark and prove himself this season. if he can find consistency he could be a great redzone target. was able to draft him near the very end of my last draft and he did not even get drafted in my first one.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
only real sleepers that I have drafted are

Kamar Aiken - coming off a great year at just under 1k yards. was able to draft him very very deep in both of my drafts even though he is poised to be the Ravens #1 wide out and receive a huge amount of targets.

Dorial Green-Beckham - tall, big bodied receiver who is out to make a mark and prove himself this season. if he can find consistency he could be a great redzone target. was able to draft him near the very end of my last draft and he did not even get drafted in my first one.

Green-Beckham was a deep sleeper to begin with but he has no QB so he is probably not worth drafting/keeping

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Green-Beckham was a deep sleeper to begin with but he has no QB so he is probably not worth drafting/keeping

for me it depends how many teams are in your league. 8 or 10 team leagues there would be no point in looking at him at all as there would be so many players left after the draft in the waiver pool.

In a 12-14 team league format it doesn't hurt to pick him up and sit him on your bench to see if he develops any rapport with Wentz when he starts in week 2 or possibly week 1. He is a large and talented receiver who came into the league with high expectations. With a 12-14 team league there is next to nothing left on the wire until players start to become injured. so I don't see the issue in keeping him as a sleeper until you can replace him if he does not perform off the wire with a player who is moving up due to injury on a better team.

just my opinion and when he explodes I will bump :naughty:

or when he busts ill click ignore :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad