Prospect Info: 2016 Rookie Tournament at Coral Springs

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Odd to see Somppi in the game sheet. He did not play yesterday. We'll probably see Tammela, Somppi, and Joseph today. I stayed around for the Nashville v Panthers game that game was faster and more physical. Will be interesting to see how we adjust to a bigger and older Nashville team.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I don't suppose today's game will be streamed?

All games are streamed on the Panthers YouTube page. Should be a good game today against Nashville at 2:30pm est. The guy who is recording the stream at the Panthers facility said he would be streaming it all 3 days.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All games are streamed on the Panthers YouTube page. Should be a good game today against Nashville at 2:30pm est. The guy who is recording the stream at the Panthers facility said he would be streaming it all 3 days.

Oh sweet. I thought he was only streaming the Panthers games.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Scouts in attendance today that I can see: Flyers, Blue Jackets, and Canadiens. Yzerman, Brisbois, and Roest here yesterday. Don't see them yet.

*edit: Avalanche here today as well*

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Looks like we're dominating possession. Wish I knew the numbers more instinctively.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Here are the lines of it helps:

Erne - Point #36 - Hart
Imama - Howden #48 - Raddysh
Stephens - Darcy #37 - Somppi
Yan - Cirelli #71 - Paquette

Hajek #43 - Masin
Walcott #75 - Thomas
Henley - Spencer #64

Ingram

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Hart being glued to Point and Erne pisses me off. Completely dragging them down. He was finally replaced on the PP1 for Stephens. They have to take him off the first line. What a waste of a second round pick that was.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Hart being glued to Point and Erne pisses me off. Completely dragging them down. He was finally replaced on the PP1 for Stephens. They have to take him off the first line. What a waste of a second round pick that was.

How Is Hajek looking today. I'm getting more excited about him everyday. Hearing nothing but positive Things

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Hajek was handling the puck very well, esp on the PP, which is good since one of the concerns with him was his stick-handling ability.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
How Is Hajek looking today. I'm getting more excited about him everyday. Hearing nothing but positive Things

Hajek is real good. Solid with the puck, smart, definitely an excellent pick up for the Bolts. He is playing on the first pairing with Masin (Masin playing the right side) and QB the PP and playing on PK as well. All situations and solid man.

I like Paquette as well. Wondering why Joseph hasn't played yet...he should be in the top 6 on this team.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Hajek is real good. Solid with the puck, smart, definitely an excellent pick up for the Bolts. He is playing on the first pairing with Masin (Masin playing the right side) and QB the PP and playing on PK as well. All situations and solid man.

I like Paquette as well. Wondering why Joseph hasn't played yet...he should be in the top 6 on this team.

Paquette stood out for me in the one period I caught. You can see why they thought there was more to his game then his poor stat line suggested. Weird that he has his first initial on his jersey though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Game #2 vs Preds

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=892833
The 19-year-old netminder made 19 saves on 20 shots and shut down the Predators after they scored the opening goal, leading the Lightning prospects to a 4-1 victory, their second win in as many games at the tournament.

“We’re very happy with Connor’s performance today,” Lightning prospects head coach Benoit Groulx said. “Yesterday, he looked sharp, and today he looks not only sharp but he looks confident. He was prepared and ready. It’s good to see that, a young goalie like that being sure of himself.”

Ingram is 2-0 with a .925 save percentage through two appearances in Coral Springs.

“It’s been a busy summer, a lot busier than I thought it was going to be,” Ingram said. “I don’t think there was as much rust to knock off as some other guys might have. It feels good. It’s good hockey to play, and it’s fun.”
After allowing six goals on Saturday to the Capitals’ rookies, the Lightning were able to clamp down defensively, thanks partly to Ingram and partly to a renewed emphasis on their own end.

“It’s tough to judge (our defense) because I think today at times we were lost in our zone,” Groulx said. “I thought Connor did a great job. What we did well today again, we worked hard, we competed hard and I think that was the difference at the end. But overall, a better performance defensively, but I think we can play much better than that.”

Baby Bolts practice today and finish up Tuesday against Florida.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I was just wondering how Mitch Stephens looked.

imo he's a sleeper pick from that draft - has played on an offensively weak team but is a very effective player.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

imo he's a sleeper pick from that draft - has played on an offensively weak team but is a very effective player.

From what I saw, he was just okay. Point, another sleeper pick, was a huge standout for me though. Looks like a much, much higher draft pick.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa

Stephens is very impressive to me. He solid in all three zones and is very physical (one of the only ones in our high end prospect pool that will finish off checks with consistency) ... also much faster than he is given credit for. His shot is the real deal as well. For me Stephens is one of our better prospects and I'm absolutely a huge fan of his. His game translates extremely well to the pro game and not on a fourth line role ... he should be in the top 9 with top 6 upside. He played in the tournament as a LW on Darcy's line. I see him as a Center as his face-off game is one of his strongest suits and he has the physical tools to handle the big Centers in the game and the speed/agility to handle the faster ones. He is really an awesome prospect and severely underrated.

Also wish Erne would play on the RW instead of the LW during the tournament. His strong suit is driving to the net and I've seen him be the most aggressive when he is on the right side finishing on his forehand instead of driving on his left hand and finishing on his backhand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad