2016 Rio Olympics | Ceremonies and General Discussion

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Watched a good 12 hours of soccer yesterday, and so far the same today. Love the Olympics. Drop everything for them.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Think we will probably have separate threads for all the events when they start, and an opening ceremony GDT

Really enjoying the time zones this year, most of the stuff is in the evening when I won't be at work

Looking forward to the women's gymnastics as always, and I always get into the rowing and cycling when GB are competing. Will make sure to watch Mo Farah in the 5k and 10k also. Rugby sevens in the Olympics for the first time.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Think we will probably have separate threads for all the events when they start, and an opening ceremony GDT

Really enjoying the time zones this year, most of the stuff is in the evening when I won't be at work.

If I remember correctly, the London games had their own sub-forum. I don't know if HF will do that for the Rio games.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Really enjoying the time zones this year, most of the stuff is in the evening when I won't be at work

Looking forward to the women's gymnastics as always, and I always get into the rowing and cycling when GB are competing. Will make sure to watch Mo Farah in the 5k and 10k also. Rugby sevens in the Olympics for the first time.
I'm hoping for a subforum, but since there wasn't one, or an official GDT for everything or the soccer itself, I made this. If anything more specific or inclusive comes up, I suppose this can be used as a sort of general recap or discussion or medal thread.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If I remember correctly, the London games had their own sub-forum. I don't know if HF will do that for the Rio games.

It's been awhile, but I seem to remember them just renaming this board Olympics like they do for International Tournaments during the Winter games/WJC/WC.

But yes please do create individual threads for the various sports groups. This thread will be good for the opening ceremony and other non-threadworthy chatter :nod:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's been awhile, but I seem to remember them just renaming this board Olympics like they do for International Tournaments during the Winter games/WJC/WC.

But yes please do create individual threads for the various sports groups. This thread will be good for the opening ceremony and other non-threadworthy chatter :nod:

Alright. This can be used for the ceremonies and everything else. I guess every sport that already had a subforum can have its thread in there (soccer, basketball, wrestling etc), and the other sports (swimming, gymnastics, rowing, etc) will have their own threads in this subforum

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Where are people watching these games? Only online? Cause they don't appear anywhere on the NBC stations.

Football matches have been on USA Network and NBCSN yesterday and today. Once everything starts Saturday, every station from Bravo to regular NBC will carry stuff.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pelé heavily rumoured to be the one lighting the Olympic flame. Though I just found out that the rights to his name are owned by some US marketing company and they'd have to clear it first. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00